Jump to topic:

The Witch Cult in Western Europe

thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2013 1:39:22 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Has anyone here read this book? I picked it up cheap at half priced books because I had heard of it before and although I know its thesis has been thoroughly discredited I still like alternative interpretations of history.

Well after going through the first chapter I've come to the conclusion that this is the most poorly written book ever. Ever. The author barely explains what she's trying to prove, but rather throws literally dozens of contemporary quotes with no explanation or analysis for what she means. Most of it is in old/middle English and the author provides no translation to explain what's actually being said despite it being extremely unclear in some cases. Hell there are even extensive passages in old French and Dutch (maybe German I can't tell) with no translation or paraphrase.

Just felt like ranting. Has anyone else read this book? Maybe it gets better later on. It's kind of a shame really, much of the information like the quotations from accused witches on trial are nothing if not fascinating but the book is just written so terribly...
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right