Jump to topic:

Yeezus vs. Born Sinner

stubs
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2013 1:11:02 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Not sure how many people follow this kinda stuff but Kanye just came out with an album entitled Yeezus and J. Cole just came out with an album entitled Born Sinner. Wanted to hear opinions on the two.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2013 3:14:01 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/19/2013 1:11:02 PM, stubs wrote:
Not sure how many people follow this kinda stuff but Kanye just came out with an album entitled Yeezus and J. Cole just came out with an album entitled Born Sinner. Wanted to hear opinions on the two.

I've heard Yeezus, but I didn't even know J. Cole was coming out with a new album. I've only been exposed to a few J. Cole songs, and the ones I like are EDM remixes. Before I check it out and give my opinion, are you asking from a rap/r&b standpoint or a general standpoint? I like Yeezus overall mostly in part due to its electronic influence. Daft Punk can easily be included as some of my favorite artists, and the fact that they are featured on and produced a handful of tunes from Kanye's album gave it a lot of bonus points. Also, SKRILLEX (don't judge me). I don't know what to expect from J. Cole's album. Even though I do like rap and r&b, I'm assuming I'll like Kanye's better if there is no electronic element on Cole's... Unless his lyrics are really good (something Kanye lacks) or his beats are otherwise interesting.
President of DDO