Jump to topic:

Comic books and comic book movies.

Juris_Naturalis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2013 7:12:46 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
So earlier I got into a debate about with a friend about whether or not Thor could die, I'm not a die hard comic book go-er, but Thor being a god (Ragnarok aside) cannot die right? But what stumped me, was when my friend asked if we were going to use comics only or comics and movies. I said comics only, because they're more accurate than movies. But then my friend said that movies should count because they still express the opinion of the "owners" of the comic, and according to the "owners" of the comic, (in the avengers and Thor) Thor and Loki both threaten to kill each other ALOT. So my friend deduced that since Thor and Loki keep threatening each other, they must know of a way to kill each other. I don't buy it, but for some reason I couldn't counter it. Any ideas? Should a movie really count in a comic book debate?
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2013 3:12:19 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/23/2013 7:12:46 AM, Juris_Naturalis wrote:
So earlier I got into a debate about with a friend about whether or not Thor could die, I'm not a die hard comic book go-er, but Thor being a god (Ragnarok aside) cannot die right? But what stumped me, was when my friend asked if we were going to use comics only or comics and movies. I said comics only, because they're more accurate than movies. But then my friend said that movies should count because they still express the opinion of the "owners" of the comic, and according to the "owners" of the comic, (in the avengers and Thor) Thor and Loki both threaten to kill each other ALOT. So my friend deduced that since Thor and Loki keep threatening each other, they must know of a way to kill each other. I don't buy it, but for some reason I couldn't counter it. Any ideas? Should a movie really count in a comic book debate?

Thor has died on multiple occasions. Also, in basically all mythologies gids could die. It's pretty much only the Abrahamic religions that see dieties as all powerful super-beings.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown