Jump to topic:

Doctor Who

DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2013 7:00:05 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Yeah, so, I am a new Whovian, as of like 3 weeks ago.

I've blown through everything up to the second half of series 5. I still prefer David Tennant as the Doctor.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2013 10:57:20 PM
At 6/28/2013 7:00:05 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:

I've blown through everything up to the second half of series 5. I still prefer David Tennant as the Doctor.

I love that I have some DDO peeps for Whovian conversating. And I'll be curious how you'll receive Eleven as you blow through the rest of seasons 5 & 6. Eleven takes quirk to a whole notha level.
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
benevolent
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2013 4:13:24 PM
I just started the second season and don't know if I can continue on... wtf?? weird show.
TULIP
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2013 4:22:25 PM
At 6/28/2013 7:00:05 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:

Didn't realize it was a popular show?? Had never heard of it up until benevolent told me about it. Haven't seen it though.
"We conclude that our salvation is of The Lord. He is the One who regenerates us. Those whom He regenerates come to Christ. Without regeneration no one will ever come to Christ. With regeneration no one will ever reject Him. God's saving grace effects what He intends to effect by it. ~ R. C. Sproul
TULIP
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2013 4:44:49 PM
At 7/1/2013 4:26:18 PM, benevolent wrote:
Don't watch it; it's awful ;___;

Alright. I won't. I honestly don't really watch TV anyways.. I rarely watch movies too. So I would've forgot about it anyways. Lol. Thank you. :)
"We conclude that our salvation is of The Lord. He is the One who regenerates us. Those whom He regenerates come to Christ. Without regeneration no one will ever come to Christ. With regeneration no one will ever reject Him. God's saving grace effects what He intends to effect by it. ~ R. C. Sproul
MassiveDump
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2013 5:16:36 PM
At 7/1/2013 4:44:49 PM, TULIP wrote:

Alright. I won't. I honestly don't really watch TV anyways.. I rarely watch movies too. So I would've forgot about it anyways. Lol. Thank you. :)

Don't listen to Ben, Dr. Who is awesome.
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2013 5:18:04 PM
At 7/1/2013 5:16:36 PM, MassiveDump wrote:

Yer alright.
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2013 5:19:02 PM
At 7/1/2013 5:16:36 PM, MassiveDump wrote:

Ahem.

DOCTOR Who, you blasphemous sinner!

DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2013 8:32:23 PM
At 7/1/2013 5:25:30 PM, benevolent wrote:
Barty Crouch Jr. is growing on me

What, David Tennant? Yeah, I still maintain he's the best NuWho Doctor.

benevolent
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2013 11:17:32 PM
At 7/1/2013 8:32:23 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 7/1/2013 5:25:30 PM, benevolent wrote:
Barty Crouch Jr. is growing on me

What, David Tennant? Yeah, I still maintain he's the best NuWho Doctor.

Yeah, cool dude. Something interesting that just struck me though: remember that episode in the first season, where the news station was under control and the dude went on about manipulating the masses with a word repeated enough times or emphasized at the right time? Yeah? Well the Doctor is obviously very politically opinionated, or should I say, perhaps, the Doctors... >:D

Oh nuuu!! ...though I've not really disagreed with him very much yet, so we're OK :D

Loved the Dalek as organized religion.

Anyway, back to the Doctor!!
benevolent
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2013 11:23:38 PM
Well he's let a lot of people die of their stupidity, not sure I'm so with him there.
benevolent
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2013 11:42:58 PM
At 7/1/2013 11:23:38 PM, benevolent wrote:
Well he's let a lot of people die of their stupidity, not sure I'm so with him there.

Meh.... he could put up more of a fight.

I love the show's honesty about itself, too, though, like that episode in the first season I was talking about and how it's always letting you come to assumptions before crushing them to signal that it is very much inside your head. The black hacker just checked to see if there really were pigtails on his head XD
benevolent
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2013 2:24:14 AM
I also dislike how definite it is about the human state and its characterization of those who aren't, but then pretty much everyone is always against me there....

It's very libertarian. Fun show though all the same :P
benevolent
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2013 8:57:35 PM
At 7/2/2013 2:24:14 AM, benevolent wrote:
I also dislike how definite it is about the human state and its characterization of those who aren't, but then pretty much everyone is always against me there....

Wait... the Doctor just killed the devil... fkn trolled
benevolent
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2013 5:37:23 AM
I so love this show... it's got to be the sneakiest piece of television there ever was.
benevolent
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2013 7:14:51 AM
Season 2 down... I cried ;__;

Well no I didn't because I'm a man... but oh my god these people know me so well
benevolent
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2013 9:59:32 AM
At 7/3/2013 7:15:51 AM, benevolent wrote:
they'd wanna quit f*cking with my political ideology though

they did it again -_-
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2013 12:10:13 PM
At 7/2/2013 8:57:35 PM, benevolent wrote:
At 7/2/2013 2:24:14 AM, benevolent wrote:

Wait... the Doctor just killed the devil... fkn trolled

Lol. That awkward moment when yer sitting next to Satan on a plane. God Delta sucks.
mathdebator
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2013 9:43:43 PM
I don't know what Doctor Who is, and I don't want to know. Thank you.
I mean I've heard of it and that it is a TV show, but leave me out pls! Haha...I'm talking to myself :3
Drayson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2013 11:15:06 PM
When you say "blown through everything", do you actually mean everything, or just everything from Christopher Eccleston onward? :P
"I'm not saying I don't trust you...and I'm not saying I do. But I don't"

-Topper Harley
charleslb
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2013 3:56:30 PM

Well, there is some fare on TV that isn't too moronic for an intelligent person to derive entertainment value from. And yes, I would indeed include Doctor Who in this category of shows that can be appreciated by people with brains. And btw, not to be unkind (it's merely a pet peeve), but "anyways" is not a word. It's not quite as bad as saying "ain't", but in my opinion it's a very close runner-up.
Yo, all of my subliterate conservative criticasters who find perusing and processing the sesquipedalian verbiage of my posts to be such a bothersome brain-taxing chore, I have a new nickname for you. Henceforth you shall be known as Pooh Bears. No, not for the obvious apt reasons, i.e., not because you're full of pooh, and not because of your ursine irritability. Rather, you put me in mind of an A.A. Milne quote, "I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words bother me". Love ya, Pooh Bears.
charleslb
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2013 4:00:04 PM
At 7/3/2013 11:15:06 PM, Drayson wrote:
When you say "blown through everything", do you actually mean everything, or just everything from Christopher Eccleston onward? :P

Good question and point. No one could actually "blow through" the entire series, as it's been on television for an eternity.
Yo, all of my subliterate conservative criticasters who find perusing and processing the sesquipedalian verbiage of my posts to be such a bothersome brain-taxing chore, I have a new nickname for you. Henceforth you shall be known as Pooh Bears. No, not for the obvious apt reasons, i.e., not because you're full of pooh, and not because of your ursine irritability. Rather, you put me in mind of an A.A. Milne quote, "I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words bother me". Love ya, Pooh Bears.
Drayson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2013 8:02:24 PM
At 7/10/2013 4:00:04 PM, charleslb wrote:

Good question and point. No one could actually "blow through" the entire series, as it's been on television for an eternity.

Well I'm sure a dedicated fan COULD....aside from the episodes that have been lost forever :P

I've blown through every Star Trek episode and movie, and in terms of actual timespan it would be comparable to Dr Who
"I'm not saying I don't trust you...and I'm not saying I do. But I don't"

-Topper Harley
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2013 11:00:51 PM

Only NuWho, because I can't be bothered to hunt down every episode in existence, plus build a TARDIS of my own just to go back and watch the episodes that are lost forever.