Jump to topic:

Is it worth re-watching lost.

Jordan56
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2013 10:40:30 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I want to watch the show again, but the last time I watched it the show started dragging and became repetitive in the middle but something keeps pulling me back. For those who watched all the seasons, do you think its worth re-watching it. If not, are there any shows that are like Lost. A normal plot with a mysterious background that has you thinking and questioning its meaning after the show is finished.
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2013 12:30:56 PM
At 7/6/2013 10:40:30 PM, Jordan56 wrote:
I want to watch the show again, but the last time I watched it the show started dragging and became repetitive in the middle but something keeps pulling me back. For those who watched all the seasons, do you think its worth re-watching it. If not, are there any shows that are like Lost. A normal plot with a mysterious background that has you thinking and questioning its meaning after the show is finished.

So you didn't finish the whole thing? You may have stopped at the worst season, which was I think season 3. It did drag allot around then but it got better.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2013 1:12:38 PM
Yes. I've watched it twice straight through and it was incredibly worth it. Best show ever. Of course it wasn't all great, but you should at least finish it.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2013 1:31:16 AM

The same thing happened to me, where I watched half the show, got bored, and finally came back to it months later and finished it. Overall a good ending imo, and definitely worth at least a full watch through.
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2013 1:44:09 AM
At 7/11/2013 1:31:16 AM, Buddamoose wrote:

The same thing happened to me, where I watched half the show, got bored, and finally came back to it months later and finished it. Overall a good ending imo, and definitely worth at least a full watch through.

Ditto here.

I watched the first season or so and got bored and stopped completely. Then friends told me I should just get through the slow parts and finish it. So I did and I'm glad I did... I really liked the ending too.

But I doubt I'm ever going to watch it all the way through again.
Debate.org Moderator
1Percenter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2013 2:38:58 AM

Absolutely. The middle of the series has few a noticeably weak episodes, but it picks up after that and from that point on you will be hooked. I super recommend it to the maximum to the extreme.
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2013 2:30:06 PM
I want to watch the show again, but the last time I watched it the show started dragging and became repetitive in the middle but something keeps pulling me back. For those who watched all the seasons, do you think its worth re-watching it.

Do you mean rehashing episodes you've already seen or picking up where you left off? If it's the former than I wouldn't recommend it. Lost works primarily because of the mystery. I don't think it would be gratifying to watch the first season over when we already have a LOT of explanations for things e.g. the Others, smoke monster, etc. If it's the latter than YES please YES watch the entire rest of the series right now. Do it do it do it.

If not, are there any shows that are like Lost. A normal plot with a mysterious background that has you thinking and questioning its meaning after the show is finished.

Nothing really comes to mind that matches Lost in terms of quality.
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.