Total Posts:55|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

The Official (Eternal) Video Games Thread

ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2013 3:28:39 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I have noticed that there is a plethora of video game threads in the Entertainment section, a good portion made by myself. But why have a scattered collection of small singular conversations when we can have a living thread of gamers who come with questions, concerns, stories, interests, news etc about the video game world.

This I think, will be much more entertaining and useful in the long run than a few threads here and there.

So, in the future, come here with any and all video game needs!
phantom
Posts: 6,774
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2013 4:02:21 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Battle for Middle Earth 3. Discuss.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2013 4:13:13 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/9/2013 4:02:21 PM, phantom wrote:
Battle for Middle Earth 3. Discuss.

Wait is this a thing?

The first game was amazing, never really played the second much.
phantom
Posts: 6,774
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2013 6:00:15 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/9/2013 4:13:13 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 7/9/2013 4:02:21 PM, phantom wrote:
Battle for Middle Earth 3. Discuss.

Wait is this a thing?

I heard they were making it but now I can't find anything online :/


The first game was amazing, never really played the second much.

I've never played the first. The second's one of my all time favorites.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2013 8:44:16 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Super. Smash. Bros. 4.

Why aren't there 17 threads on this?
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
johnnyboy54
Posts: 6,362
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2013 8:52:08 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/9/2013 8:44:16 PM, Maikuru wrote:
Super. Smash. Bros. 4.

Why aren't there 17 threads on this?



Because very few people care because Nintendo doesn't have any third party support.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
johnnyboy54
Posts: 6,362
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2013 8:52:51 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/9/2013 8:52:08 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 7/9/2013 8:44:16 PM, Maikuru wrote:
Super. Smash. Bros. 4.

Why aren't there 17 threads on this?



Because very few people care because Nintendo doesn't have any third party support.

Which means they don't own the Wii U. I forgot to finish my point.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2013 8:53:52 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
It's a damn shame, actually. I'd argue the Smash Bros Series is in the top 5 fighter series of all time and a personal favorite of mine. Poor Wii U....poor, silly little Wii U.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
johnnyboy54
Posts: 6,362
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2013 9:17:22 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/9/2013 8:53:52 PM, Maikuru wrote:
It's a damn shame, actually. I'd argue the Smash Bros Series is in the top 5 fighter series of all time and a personal favorite of mine. Poor Wii U....poor, silly little Wii U.

Hey if it gets some good games on it, I'll buy it.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2013 12:43:26 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/9/2013 8:53:52 PM, Maikuru wrote:
It's a damn shame, actually. I'd argue the Smash Bros Series is in the top 5 fighter series of all time and a personal favorite of mine. Poor Wii U....poor, silly little Wii U.

Omg I still have my Gamecube literally solely for Smash Bros. Melee which I think is one of the best games of all time. Way way wayyyy too many hours sunk into that game.
BlackVoid
Posts: 9,170
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2013 2:40:17 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/10/2013 12:43:26 AM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 7/9/2013 8:53:52 PM, Maikuru wrote:
It's a damn shame, actually. I'd argue the Smash Bros Series is in the top 5 fighter series of all time and a personal favorite of mine. Poor Wii U....poor, silly little Wii U.

Omg I still have my Gamecube literally solely for Smash Bros. Melee which I think is one of the best games of all time. Way way wayyyy too many hours sunk into that game.

For sure. Melee is definently in my top 5. I was an absolute master with Fox back in the day. Him being nerfed in Brawl really sucked.

Brawl was an awesome game, but I didn't like how they slowed the pace down from Melee. Melee seemed a lot faster for some reason. Brawl also seemed to have more mechanisms (items and smash balls) that were extremely hard to dodge, making close fights just come down to who can grab the smash ball first or who can pick up the pokeball with Latios in it.

SSB4 will probably be awesome, but it sucks that its only on the Wii U.

Who did you guys main?
MassiveDump
Posts: 3,423
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2013 9:26:53 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/9/2013 8:53:52 PM, Maikuru wrote:
It's a damn shame, actually. I'd argue the Smash Bros Series is in the top 5 fighter series of all time and a personal favorite of mine. Poor Wii U....poor, silly little Wii U.

The worst thing Nintendo could have done with the Wii U is call it the "Wii U". Makes people think it's an upgrade to the Wii, rather than a new console altogether.
ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2013 10:41:04 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/10/2013 2:40:17 AM, BlackVoid wrote:
At 7/10/2013 12:43:26 AM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 7/9/2013 8:53:52 PM, Maikuru wrote:
It's a damn shame, actually. I'd argue the Smash Bros Series is in the top 5 fighter series of all time and a personal favorite of mine. Poor Wii U....poor, silly little Wii U.

Omg I still have my Gamecube literally solely for Smash Bros. Melee which I think is one of the best games of all time. Way way wayyyy too many hours sunk into that game.

For sure. Melee is definently in my top 5. I was an absolute master with Fox back in the day. Him being nerfed in Brawl really sucked.

Brawl was an awesome game, but I didn't like how they slowed the pace down from Melee. Melee seemed a lot faster for some reason. Brawl also seemed to have more mechanisms (items and smash balls) that were extremely hard to dodge, making close fights just come down to who can grab the smash ball first or who can pick up the pokeball with Latios in it.

SSB4 will probably be awesome, but it sucks that its only on the Wii U.

Who did you guys main?

Yeah I played as Roy and crushed it. But no Melee was definitely faster and more technical combat. Brawl is more power shots (C-stick) and smash balls (which I always turned off).

Brawl was fun but it was nowhere near as good as Melee in it's heyday.

But seriously, who has a Wii-U?

Seriously...
MassiveDump
Posts: 3,423
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2013 10:48:52 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/10/2013 2:40:17 AM, BlackVoid wrote:
At 7/10/2013 12:43:26 AM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 7/9/2013 8:53:52 PM, Maikuru wrote:
It's a damn shame, actually. I'd argue the Smash Bros Series is in the top 5 fighter series of all time and a personal favorite of mine. Poor Wii U....poor, silly little Wii U.

Omg I still have my Gamecube literally solely for Smash Bros. Melee which I think is one of the best games of all time. Way way wayyyy too many hours sunk into that game.

For sure. Melee is definently in my top 5. I was an absolute master with Fox back in the day. Him being nerfed in Brawl really sucked.

Brawl was an awesome game, but I didn't like how they slowed the pace down from Melee. Melee seemed a lot faster for some reason. Brawl also seemed to have more mechanisms (items and smash balls) that were extremely hard to dodge, making close fights just come down to who can grab the smash ball first or who can pick up the pokeball with Latios in it.

SSB4 will probably be awesome, but it sucks that its only on the Wii U.

Who did you guys main?

HOLD UP. They're not making the 3DS version anymore?
ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2013 11:00:35 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/10/2013 10:48:52 AM, MassiveDump wrote:
At 7/10/2013 2:40:17 AM, BlackVoid wrote:
At 7/10/2013 12:43:26 AM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 7/9/2013 8:53:52 PM, Maikuru wrote:
It's a damn shame, actually. I'd argue the Smash Bros Series is in the top 5 fighter series of all time and a personal favorite of mine. Poor Wii U....poor, silly little Wii U.

Omg I still have my Gamecube literally solely for Smash Bros. Melee which I think is one of the best games of all time. Way way wayyyy too many hours sunk into that game.

For sure. Melee is definently in my top 5. I was an absolute master with Fox back in the day. Him being nerfed in Brawl really sucked.

Brawl was an awesome game, but I didn't like how they slowed the pace down from Melee. Melee seemed a lot faster for some reason. Brawl also seemed to have more mechanisms (items and smash balls) that were extremely hard to dodge, making close fights just come down to who can grab the smash ball first or who can pick up the pokeball with Latios in it.

SSB4 will probably be awesome, but it sucks that its only on the Wii U.

Who did you guys main?

HOLD UP. They're not making the 3DS version anymore?

They're not?

I don't have one of those either, just the regular DS. I don't like Nintendo's new lineup lately >.>
Thaddeus
Posts: 6,985
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2013 11:35:27 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
They are still making the 3DS version, and the 3DS has tons of great games on it so while the wii U is still lacking in sufficient reason for purchase, we can all breath a sigh of relief that this game which looks fantastic will be played by many :)
Also if you are planning on getting a 3DS, get the XL.
ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2013 11:37:18 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/10/2013 11:35:27 AM, Thaddeus wrote:
They are still making the 3DS version, and the 3DS has tons of great games on it so while the wii U is still lacking in sufficient reason for purchase, we can all breath a sigh of relief that this game which looks fantastic will be played by many :)
Also if you are planning on getting a 3DS, get the XL.

Hmmm, I don't have the money for a new DS.

I do like the game lineup of the 3DS but the Wii-U looks like junk. My family has the original Wii and we never, literally never, ever use it. For anything. I regressed back to Gamecube for goodness sake.
Thaddeus
Posts: 6,985
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2013 11:45:31 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/10/2013 11:37:18 AM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 7/10/2013 11:35:27 AM, Thaddeus wrote:
They are still making the 3DS version, and the 3DS has tons of great games on it so while the wii U is still lacking in sufficient reason for purchase, we can all breath a sigh of relief that this game which looks fantastic will be played by many :)
Also if you are planning on getting a 3DS, get the XL.

Hmmm, I don't have the money for a new DS.

I do like the game lineup of the 3DS but the Wii-U looks like junk. My family has the original Wii and we never, literally never, ever use it. For anything. I regressed back to Gamecube for goodness sake.

Agreed on the wii U being awful. Whilst the 3DS already has great games (particularly fire emblem, zelda and animal crossing), you should probably wait til pokemon x/y or SSB comes out if you gaming on a budget.
ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2013 11:49:38 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/10/2013 11:45:31 AM, Thaddeus wrote:
At 7/10/2013 11:37:18 AM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 7/10/2013 11:35:27 AM, Thaddeus wrote:
They are still making the 3DS version, and the 3DS has tons of great games on it so while the wii U is still lacking in sufficient reason for purchase, we can all breath a sigh of relief that this game which looks fantastic will be played by many :)
Also if you are planning on getting a 3DS, get the XL.

Hmmm, I don't have the money for a new DS.

I do like the game lineup of the 3DS but the Wii-U looks like junk. My family has the original Wii and we never, literally never, ever use it. For anything. I regressed back to Gamecube for goodness sake.

Agreed on the wii U being awful. Whilst the 3DS already has great games (particularly fire emblem, zelda and animal crossing), you should probably wait til pokemon x/y or SSB comes out if you gaming on a budget.

Gosh I heard the new Fire Emblem game for the 3DS was amazing. I want to play. Lol
airmax1227
Posts: 13,240
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2013 1:54:19 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Tetris is the greatest video game of all time.

When every great game we can think of is dated and surpassed in all aspects by newer games of far superior quality, Tetris will still be there, untouched by any need for advancement (though it has been unnecessarily), still basking in its gaming perfection through countless generations.
Debate.org Moderator
SarcasticIndeed
Posts: 2,215
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2013 7:55:01 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/11/2013 1:54:19 AM, airmax1227 wrote:
Tetris is the greatest video game of all time.

When every great game we can think of is dated and surpassed in all aspects by newer games of far superior quality, Tetris will still be there, untouched by any need for advancement (though it has been unnecessarily), still basking in its gaming perfection through countless generations.

http://www.geekosystem.com...
<SIGNATURE CENSORED> nac
mathdebator
Posts: 72
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2013 8:53:52 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Nintendo is on the biggest fail streak ever. It's pretty sad considering how successful their consoles were up to the GameCube and GameBoy.

Wii U: no comment. None of my friends, who are all avid gamers, haven't even thought about getting a Wii U.

3DS: does anyone even play this thing?

DS: on their website, it seems like the DSi (last DS I owned) has been renamed to just DS.

Goodbye, Nintendo.
MassiveDump
Posts: 3,423
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2013 9:25:55 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/11/2013 8:53:52 AM, mathdebator wrote:
Nintendo is on the biggest fail streak ever. It's pretty sad considering how successful their consoles were up to the GameCube and GameBoy.

Wii U: no comment. None of my friends, who are all avid gamers, haven't even thought about getting a Wii U.

3DS: does anyone even play this thing?


*raises hand*
*looks around*
*puts hand down*

DS: on their website, it seems like the DSi (last DS I owned) has been renamed to just DS.

Goodbye, Nintendo.
Thaddeus
Posts: 6,985
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2013 1:43:50 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/11/2013 8:53:52 AM, mathdebator wrote:
Nintendo is on the biggest fail streak ever. It's pretty sad considering how successful their consoles were up to the GameCube and GameBoy.

Wii U: no comment. None of my friends, who are all avid gamers, haven't even thought about getting a Wii U.

3DS: does anyone even play this thing?

31 million people. Not surprising really as it is an incredible handheld. Tablet/iphone/psvita are currently (in terms of games) inferior by a large margin.

DS: on their website, it seems like the DSi (last DS I owned) has been renamed to just DS.

The DSi was always a particular model of the DS. The original DS has been retired so they don't need the i to distinguish any more.
johnnyboy54
Posts: 6,362
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2013 5:34:53 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/11/2013 1:54:19 AM, airmax1227 wrote:
Tetris is the greatest video game of all time.

When every great game we can think of is dated and surpassed in all aspects by newer games of far superior quality, Tetris will still be there, untouched by any need for advancement (though it has been unnecessarily), still basking in its gaming perfection through countless generations.

http://fc01.deviantart.net...
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2013 6:13:04 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/11/2013 5:36:33 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
If there is one thing Nintendo still does right, it is handheld gaming.

That is true. That's what's keeping them afloat right now. And their overseas sales.