Jump to topic:

Has anyone seen Gattaca?

THE_OPINIONATOR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2013 7:50:46 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Yes I've seen GATTACA, quite the weird movie, although it did relate to our Intro to Biotechnology curriculum.
My Blog: Life Through The Eyes of a Christian

http://bloggingforjchrist.blogspot.com...

Life Through The Eyes of a Christian Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com...
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2013 11:57:37 PM
Yup, I've seen it several times and I think it's a great movie.

My friend actually did the music ending for it, and you can actually see her hands in a scene where Uma Thurman's character is playing the piano. Since Uma Thurman happens to have huge hands, they use my friends hands instead since hers are a bit more palatable to the audience apparently.

Since it is one of my friends movies, I am more inclined to like it (like her other movies) but it really is an interesting movie. It's solid sci-fi film and has a decent plot with decent characters and a great cast.

I'd recommend it to anyone who likes Sci-fi films in general.
Debate.org Moderator
GOP
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2013 12:04:46 AM
At 7/30/2013 11:57:37 PM, airmax1227 wrote:

My friend actually did the music ending for it, and you can actually see her hands in a scene where Uma Thurman's character is playing the piano. Since Uma Thurman happens to have huge hands, they use my friends hands instead since hers are a bit more palatable to the audience apparently.

Since it is one of my friends movies, I am more inclined to like it (like her other movies) but it really is an interesting movie. It's solid sci-fi film and has a decent plot with decent characters and a great cast.

WOW, THAT'S COOL!

And hold on..The only piano part that I remember was in which a six-fingered guy plays the instrument. What part are you referring to?
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2013 12:26:25 AM
At 8/1/2013 12:04:46 AM, GOP wrote:

WOW, THAT'S COOL!

And hold on..The only piano part that I remember was in which a six-fingered guy plays the instrument. What part are you referring to?

There's a scene where Uma Thurman is at home playing the piano. Watch it again, the scene wouldn't stick out to anyone but me.
Debate.org Moderator
GOP
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2013 12:28:52 AM
At 8/1/2013 12:26:25 AM, airmax1227 wrote:

WOW, THAT'S COOL!

There's a scene where Uma Thurman is at home playing the piano. Watch it again, the scene wouldn't stick out to anyone but me.

I see. Your friend must be super rich, lol.
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2013 12:35:23 AM
At 8/1/2013 12:28:52 AM, GOP wrote:

WOW, THAT'S COOL!

She's had a pretty cool career. Music editing probably isn't exactly as lucrative as many think, but I'm sure she enjoyed her time doing it. She's since moved on to other things.

Her IMDB page is pretty awesome:

http://www.imdb.com...
Debate.org Moderator
GOP
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2013 12:39:04 AM
At 8/1/2013 12:35:23 AM, airmax1227 wrote:

WOW, THAT'S COOL!

She's had a pretty cool career. Music editing probably isn't exactly as lucrative as many think, but I'm sure she enjoyed her time doing it. She's since moved on to other things.

Do you still talk to her, or is has she been too busy with her life?
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2013 12:43:14 AM
At 8/1/2013 12:39:04 AM, GOP wrote:

WOW, THAT'S COOL!

I haven't talked to her in awhile... She's a childhood friend of my mothers, and they still hang out often, but I don't see her that much as they both live in a different state than I do.
Debate.org Moderator
GOP
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2013 12:46:34 AM
At 8/1/2013 12:43:14 AM, airmax1227 wrote:

WOW, THAT'S COOL!

I haven't talked to her in awhile... She's a childhood friend of my mothers, and they still hang out often, but I don't see her that much as they both live in a different state than I do.

She is a friend of your mother? How old is she? This friend must be like really older than you, no?
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2013 12:49:53 AM
At 8/1/2013 12:46:34 AM, GOP wrote:

WOW, THAT'S COOL!

She is a friend of your mother? How old is she? This friend must be like really older than you, no?

She's mid aged like my mother... so a couple decades... But once you hit a certain age and place in life who keeps track... I wouldn't say she's a close friend, I know her because she's my moms best friend, but she's a friend in some sense.
Debate.org Moderator
GOP
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2013 12:51:33 AM
At 8/1/2013 12:49:53 AM, airmax1227 wrote:

WOW, THAT'S COOL!

She's mid aged like my mother... so a couple decades... But once you hit a certain age and place in life who keeps track... I wouldn't say she's a close friend, I know her because she's my moms best friend, but she's a friend in some sense.

Does she know that you're the president of DDO?
GOP
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2013 12:52:19 AM

WOW, THAT'S COOL!

On a side note, I apologize if I turned this thread into some conversation about your personal life and its connections.
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2013 12:54:35 AM
At 8/1/2013 12:51:33 AM, GOP wrote:
At 8/1/2013 12:49:53 AM, airmax1227 wrote:

WOW, THAT'S COOL!

Does she know that you're the president of DDO?

I haven't mentioned it to her, but my mom knows, so she may have mentioned it in a random conversation when asked "Hey, what's Max been up to?"
Debate.org Moderator
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2013 12:55:37 AM
At 8/1/2013 12:52:19 AM, GOP wrote:

WOW, THAT'S COOL!

On a side note, I apologize if I turned this thread into some conversation about your personal life and its connections.

that's alright... i did kinda "name drop" someone connected to a major film. Curiosity is natural.
Debate.org Moderator