Total Posts:23|Showing Posts:1-23
Jump to topic:

Morrowind

ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2013 12:07:40 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/6/2013 7:16:36 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
Is it more expansive than the ones that came after it like with GTA?

Yeah, well it seems bigger because there's no fast travel (well there is but not really extensive) and you have to walk.
AnDoctuir
Posts: 11,060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2013 12:10:48 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
And there's no beautiful graphics to view even?? hmm... what's the story like? I've been looking to get back into an Elder Scrolls game recently but my brother traded Skyrim in and only God knows where Oblivion went to.
SarcasticIndeed
Posts: 2,215
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2013 12:16:52 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/7/2013 12:10:48 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
And there's no beautiful graphics to view even?? hmm... what's the story like? I've been looking to get back into an Elder Scrolls game recently but my brother traded Skyrim in and only God knows where Oblivion went to.

To oblivion?
<SIGNATURE CENSORED> nac
AnDoctuir
Posts: 11,060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2013 12:17:21 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/7/2013 12:16:52 PM, SarcasticIndeed wrote:
At 8/7/2013 12:10:48 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
And there's no beautiful graphics to view even?? hmm... what's the story like? I've been looking to get back into an Elder Scrolls game recently but my brother traded Skyrim in and only God knows where Oblivion went to.

To oblivion?

lol
SarcasticIndeed
Posts: 2,215
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2013 12:28:50 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
After playing skyrim, the experience was underwhelming. I am sure the story is good but I've accustomed to better graphics and gameplay. Sadly, I am never going to understand the good side of Morrowind.

I still have the theme song as my ringtone. It is beautiful.
<SIGNATURE CENSORED> nac
DakotaKrafick
Posts: 1,517
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2013 2:42:41 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/7/2013 12:07:40 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 8/6/2013 7:16:36 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
Is it more expansive than the ones that came after it like with GTA?

Yeah, well it seems bigger because there's no fast travel (well there is but not really extensive) and you have to walk.

That sounds more like a pain-in-the-@ss than anything. I don't particularly enjoy it when developer's artificially lengthen a game.
ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2013 9:43:24 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/7/2013 12:28:50 PM, SarcasticIndeed wrote:
After playing skyrim, the experience was underwhelming. I am sure the story is good but I've accustomed to better graphics and gameplay. Sadly, I am never going to understand the good side of Morrowind.

I still have the theme song as my ringtone. It is beautiful.

I think the environment is much better, more bizarre, more immersive.

The graphics have their own charm once you get used to them and you can mod them to be super good if you're into that.
airmax1227
Posts: 13,228
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2013 11:45:56 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
After getting passed how much I enjoyed Skyrim and Oblivion, I can honestly say that Morrowind is still my favorite elder scrolls game.

The game blew me away when I first played it, and I bet I'd have just as much fun playing it today.

it's not as "mass marketed" as the recent Elder Scrolls games are, so there's no hand holding or short cuts. You can take silt striders and transports to get around, but there's no fast travel. There also isn't a giant icon appearing on the screen to tell you where you have to go. You really have to figure things out and "play" the game to move forward.

The game was and still is brilliant.
Debate.org Moderator
airmax1227
Posts: 13,228
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2013 11:50:45 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/7/2013 12:10:48 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
And there's no beautiful graphics to view even?? hmm... what's the story like? I've been looking to get back into an Elder Scrolls game recently but my brother traded Skyrim in and only God knows where Oblivion went to.

I think Morrowind has the best story of all the TES games.
Debate.org Moderator
airmax1227
Posts: 13,228
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2013 12:02:06 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Honestly though, I'll probably never go back and play it again. I just don't have the time (I probably played it for 100 hours at least over a summer and a year in college) and I'd rather remember it nostalgically. I don't care much for graphics, or the learning curve the game has, but it might be a bit dated in some aspects (combat dice rolls took me a bit to understand..how'd I miss?) and so I'll just continue to recall it fondly without playing it again and recognizing the flaws I would now...

I think it's been 10 years since I've played it, I think I'll just move on to new things.

I'll listen to the music again though.
Debate.org Moderator
airmax1227
Posts: 13,228
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2013 12:09:16 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
The music in the game was awesome. Still blows me away. Though all TES games have great music, and I might like Skyrim's even more.
Debate.org Moderator
ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2013 12:40:37 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/9/2013 12:09:16 AM, airmax1227 wrote:


The music in the game was awesome. Still blows me away. Though all TES games have great music, and I might like Skyrim's even more.



Oh I agree about the music!

Check this out, its a conglomeration of the Morrowind and Skyrim theme, piano and violin duet. So good.
airmax1227
Posts: 13,228
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2013 12:44:02 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/9/2013 12:40:37 AM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 8/9/2013 12:09:16 AM, airmax1227 wrote:


The music in the game was awesome. Still blows me away. Though all TES games have great music, and I might like Skyrim's even more.



Oh I agree about the music!

Check this out, its a conglomeration of the Morrowind and Skyrim theme, piano and violin duet. So good.


Yup, seen that. It's excellent. There are probably very few covers of TES music I haven't heard.
Debate.org Moderator
ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2013 12:46:23 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/9/2013 12:44:02 AM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 8/9/2013 12:40:37 AM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 8/9/2013 12:09:16 AM, airmax1227 wrote:


The music in the game was awesome. Still blows me away. Though all TES games have great music, and I might like Skyrim's even more.



Oh I agree about the music!

Check this out, its a conglomeration of the Morrowind and Skyrim theme, piano and violin duet. So good.


Yup, seen that. It's excellent. There are probably very few covers of TES music I haven't heard.

Well it is fantastic music for fantastic games.

Very few other pieces of music gets me like the Morrowind theme. Joe Hisaishi might be another (the theme from Howl's Moving Castle).
Korashk
Posts: 4,597
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2013 2:56:54 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/7/2013 12:28:50 PM, SarcasticIndeed wrote:
After playing skyrim, the experience was underwhelming. I am sure the story is good but I've accustomed to better graphics and gameplay. Sadly, I am never going to understand the good side of Morrowind.

I still have the theme song as my ringtone. It is beautiful.

Mod it into Morroblivion.

https://www.google.com...
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2013 10:38:35 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/9/2013 2:56:54 AM, Korashk wrote:
At 8/7/2013 12:28:50 PM, SarcasticIndeed wrote:
After playing skyrim, the experience was underwhelming. I am sure the story is good but I've accustomed to better graphics and gameplay. Sadly, I am never going to understand the good side of Morrowind.

I still have the theme song as my ringtone. It is beautiful.

Mod it into Morroblivion.

https://www.google.com...

I did that, the appeal of having a character that could traipse around Morrowind AND Cyrodil was appealing to me but I found myself missing the classic Morrowind aesthetic and mods.