Total Posts:16|Showing Posts:1-16
Jump to topic:

Your opinion on Naruto?

Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2013 4:49:42 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I personally hate it, though I should note that I hate almost every anime with a child protagonist. I find them unrealistic (inb4 anime are all unrealistic).
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2013 8:40:59 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I watched about 60 episodes and quite enjoyed it.

Fvck you Maikuru, child protagonists for the win.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2013 8:42:10 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Not for me.

The only anime I really enjoyed was Death Note.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2013 9:07:22 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/11/2013 8:40:59 PM, tvellalott wrote:
I watched about 60 episodes and quite enjoyed it.

Fvck you Maikuru, child protagonists for the win.

I was out of line.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2013 9:14:45 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
The plot is decent, but the fighting, the fighting is one the most incredible and creative in anime. The music is profound, and the characters are richly developed and multidimensional. Naruto fans are annoying, and if I didn't tune them out I might hate the show too. The show by itself, regardless of what anyone says, is a masterpiece of Japanese animation and very few animes measure to it.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
SarcasticIndeed
Posts: 2,215
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2013 7:17:01 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/11/2013 9:14:45 PM, 000ike wrote:
The plot is decent, but the fighting, the fighting is one the most incredible and creative in anime. The music is profound, and the characters are richly developed and multidimensional. Naruto fans are annoying, and if I didn't tune them out I might hate the show too. The show by itself, regardless of what anyone says, is a masterpiece of Japanese animation and very few animes measure to it.

How did you get this impression?

I mean, I love the flashy fights, but yelling that one is going to be a Hokage every few chapters or so doesn't make one developed and multidimensional.
<SIGNATURE CENSORED> nac
SarcasticIndeed
Posts: 2,215
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2013 7:23:15 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/12/2013 7:20:45 PM, Maikuru wrote:


They added all of those because the Japanese Naruto loves putting "dattebayo" in every sentence. It is an absolutely meaningless, filler word, so they had to account for the word to lip sync.
<SIGNATURE CENSORED> nac
ClassicRobert
Posts: 2,487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2013 7:38:44 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/12/2013 7:20:45 PM, Maikuru wrote:


You quoted the dub of the show here. For shame.
Debate me: Economic decision theory should be adjusted to include higher-order preferences for non-normative purposes http://www.debate.org...

Do you really believe that? Or not? If you believe it, you should man up and defend it in a debate. -RoyLatham

My Pet Fish is such a Douche- NiamC

It's an app to meet friends and stuff, sort of like an adult club penguin- Thett3, describing Tinder
cybertron1998
Posts: 5,818
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2013 3:50:55 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/11/2013 4:49:42 PM, Maikuru wrote:
I personally hate it, though I should note that I hate almost every anime with a child protagonist. I find them unrealistic (inb4 anime are all unrealistic).

then whats your opinion on bleach
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
Noumena
Posts: 6,047
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2013 10:58:10 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
It does a good job of creating its own believable universe, I'll give it that. However, character development is almost laughably bad. The three person teams are almost entirely made up of the same relational setups. Male, outgoing, partial comic relief character/ male highly talented/quiet cool character/ and female team member.

Naruto/ Sasuke/ Sakura
Neji/ Rock Lee/ Tenten
Shikamaru/ Ino/ Choji
(Young) Tsunade/ Orochimaru/ Jarayua
(Young) Kakashi/ Rin/ Obito
Kiba/ Shino/ Hinata

I'm not sure how I tolerated the show for so long given how obvious the recycled personalities are.
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
SarcasticIndeed
Posts: 2,215
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2013 3:33:07 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/15/2013 10:58:10 AM, Noumena wrote:
It does a good job of creating its own believable universe, I'll give it that. However, character development is almost laughably bad. The three person teams are almost entirely made up of the same relational setups. Male, outgoing, partial comic relief character/ male highly talented/quiet cool character/ and female team member.

Naruto/ Sasuke/ Sakura
Neji/ Rock Lee/ Tenten
Shikamaru/ Ino/ Choji
(Young) Tsunade/ Orochimaru/ Jarayua
(Young) Kakashi/ Rin/ Obito
Kiba/ Shino/ Hinata

I'm not sure how I tolerated the show for so long given how obvious the recycled personalities are.

Not to mention that they really don't show any character development even up to the latest mangas. Still reading it for the flashy fights, oh well.
<SIGNATURE CENSORED> nac
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2013 5:12:56 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Is there anyone here that pronounces it "nar-OO-to"?
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2013 9:31:07 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/15/2013 5:12:56 PM, 000ike wrote:
Is there anyone here that pronounces it "nar-OO-to"?

I think I do. What is the alternative? I know I pronounce it with a Japanese accent because I'm a douche.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...