Jump to topic:

Does the MPAA need to be Altered?

Kumquatodor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2013 5:55:31 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
I've spent a while researching the MPAA (the Motion Picture Association of America), and I believe it must be altered.

I believe that the MPAA is biased, and that it's rating system is terrible.

Any comments?
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2013 4:30:47 PM
It doesn't need to be altered so much as it needs to be dissolved. Its influence has a toxic effect on the industry.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2013 5:02:28 PM
As someone who has spent 0 time thinking about this topic, I am interested in hearing about the problems you guys are referencing.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Kumquatodor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2013 2:30:39 AM
At 8/18/2013 5:02:28 PM, Maikuru wrote:
As someone who has spent 0 time thinking about this topic, I am interested in hearing about the problems you guys are referencing.

I am doing a debate on the need for MPAA's alteration. You can find the debate and favorite it, if you want.
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2013 3:54:42 AM

The MPAA is basically the group of rich, white, Christian men and women that decide whether or not your movie is successful. There's a very good documentary about it called "This Film Is Not Yet Rated".
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
mathdebator
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2013 10:07:13 PM
At 8/19/2013 3:54:42 AM, Korashk wrote:

The MPAA is basically the group of rich, white, Christian men and women that decide whether or not your movie is successful. There's a very good documentary about it called "This Film Is Not Yet Rated".

It's also an organization that eats up resources to blab about parental ratings, copyright, and advertising. Seriously, who would want a career consisting of that?