Total Posts:47|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

What is the weirdest movie you've ever seen?

winkie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2013 8:48:34 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
My answer for this one would have to be the Japanese B-movie Mutant Girls Squad. Imagine if there was an X-Men spinoff where the mutants with random, useless powers all got together and became their own team of crime-fighters.
Actually, there are some cool mutations in this movie such as one girl whose arms turn into metal with razor-sharp claws for fingers, and another whose skin turns into armor. But then there are these other mutations that make you go "why...?" There's a woman who has the power to make a chainsaw pop out of her butt. There's even a woman whose superpower is making a big red dot appear on her face. Seriously, that's all she does, though I think this character was made out of some sense of patriotism, because it makes her face look like the flag of Japan. Oh yeah, and there's a nurse whose arms can change into tentacles. Because Japan!
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2013 10:54:05 PM
Burn After Reading. Really, though, what was that?

Followed closely by Amelia. I feel like that wasn't so much a movie as a weird dream.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2013 10:57:02 PM
At 9/6/2013 10:54:39 PM, Disquisition wrote:
Nacho Libre
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2013 12:53:53 AM
The weirdest movie I've ever seen is definitely Tokyo Gore police.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2013 1:19:59 AM
There is a point at which intentionally weird things show their planning, and, as such, cease to be weird at all.

Mulholland Drive. Best movie ever made.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
proglib
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2013 1:39:45 AM
At 9/7/2013 1:02:32 AM, leojm wrote:
Lincoln!

Why?

["Lincoln" seems to be a weird answer. That's why I ask. It seemed like a pretty normal docudrama to me.]

Cheers.

Off the top of my head, I'd say one of the weirdest I've ever seen is "Sweet Movie." Anything by Luis Bu"uel is weird, IMHO.
"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice.* And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue." Barry Goldwater
*Except in a democracy it might lose you an election.

http://unitedwegovern.org...
leojm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2013 1:41:13 AM
At 9/7/2013 1:39:45 AM, proglib wrote:
Lincoln!

Why?

["Lincoln" seems to be a weird answer. That's why I ask. It seemed like a pretty normal docudrama to me.]

Cheers.

Off the top of my head, I'd say one of the weirdest I've ever seen is "Sweet Movie." Anything by Luis Bu"uel is weird, IMHO.

I didn't like it, and it was just...well... weird!
PatriotPerson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2013 10:04:36 PM
At 9/7/2013 1:41:13 AM, leojm wrote:
Lincoln!

Why?

Cheers.

Gosh dang it, Leo. Lincoln was like the best historical movie ever made.
"Victory has a thousand fathers, but defeat is an orphan" -JFK
"You all stink like poo poo" - Rich Davis
"That idea may just be crazy enough... TO GET US ALL KILLED!" -Squidward Tentacles
"My heart is always breaking for the ghosts that haunt this room." -Nate Ruess
leojm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2013 10:09:27 PM
At 9/8/2013 10:04:36 PM, PatriotPerson wrote:
Lincoln!

Why?

Cheers.

Well, I didn't like it for 2 reasons,

1. I hate Lincoln.
2. Hollywood is not a great way to tell history, they twist crap around and, well it's called brainwashing.
You know Lincoln didn't exactly free the slaves, he said that because he needed more men to fight for the north. After the civil war was ended, there were slaves in the north that didn't know they were free. He also created the big government. I despise that man. If he was still alive I would break him. lolz
PatriotPerson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2013 10:10:44 PM
At 9/8/2013 10:09:27 PM, leojm wrote:
Lincoln!

Why?

Cheers.

1. I hate Lincoln.
2. Hollywood is not a great way to tell history, they twist crap around and, well it's called brainwashing.
You know Lincoln didn't exactly free the slaves, he said that because he needed more men to fight for the north. After the civil war was ended, there were slaves in the north that didn't know they were free. He also created the big government. I despise that man. If he was still alive I would break him. lolz

No. Just no. Lincoln was a great man and a great president. How dare you say that. I'm gonna break you.
"That idea may just be crazy enough... TO GET US ALL KILLED!" -Squidward Tentacles
leojm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2013 10:12:33 PM
At 9/8/2013 10:10:44 PM, PatriotPerson wrote:
Lincoln!

Why?

Cheers.

1. I hate Lincoln.

No. Just no. Lincoln was a great man and a great president. How dare you say that. I'm gonna break you.

oooh, I'm so scared, lolz. He came from Illinois too, just like Obama. All liberals come from Illinois that do damage to this country.
PatriotPerson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2013 10:14:00 PM
At 9/8/2013 10:12:33 PM, leojm wrote:
Lincoln!

Why?

Cheers.

1. I hate Lincoln.

oooh, I'm so scared, lolz. He came from Illinois too, just like Obama. All liberals come from Illinois that do damage to this country.

You do know that Lincoln was a Republican right? And he wasn't even from Illinois. He was from Kentucky.
leojm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2013 10:17:15 PM
At 9/8/2013 10:14:00 PM, PatriotPerson wrote:
At 9/8/2013 10:12:33 PM, leojm wrote:
Lincoln!

Why?

Cheers.

1. I hate Lincoln.

You do know that Lincoln was a Republican right? And he wasn't even from Illinois. He was from Kentucky.

That's bullcrap. He was born in Indiana and grew up in Illinois, and maybe did some crap in Kentucky. And I'm not a republican or a democrat. I'm Conservative, and I vote for Conservatives, he was a thing you call RINOs. (Republican In Name Only)
PatriotPerson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2013 10:19:07 PM
That's bullcrap. He was born in Indiana and grew up in Illinois, and maybe did some crap in Kentucky. And I'm not a republican or a democrat. I'm Conservative, and I vote for Conservatives, he was a thing you call RINOs. (Republican In Name Only)

Nope. He was born in Kentucky, lived in Indiana for some while, then lived in Illinois a lot. Please prove how he was a RINO.
leojm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2013 10:24:15 PM
At 9/8/2013 10:19:07 PM, PatriotPerson wrote:

Nope. He was born in Kentucky, lived in Indiana for some while, then lived in Illinois a lot. Please prove how he was a RINO.

He created big government. Which we Conservatives hate. He declared war, which is what a president is not supposed to do. He violated our freedom of speech. by declaring war on the south, just because the south wanted to suceed. How pathetic. Look what a great trend he started.

Big government Alert right there. Taking control of people rights, and violating the rules of being a president.

btw, I'm not going to start a debate over Lincoln, the dude has been long dead. I'm not interested in debating about him.
PatriotPerson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2013 10:26:45 PM
At 9/8/2013 10:24:15 PM, leojm wrote:

He created big government. Which we Conservatives hate. He declared war, which is what a president is not supposed to do. He violated our freedom of speech. by declaring war on the south, just because the south wanted to suceed. How pathetic. Look what a great trend he started.

Big government Alert right there. Taking control of people rights, and violating the rules of being a president.

btw, I'm not going to start a debate over Lincoln, the dude has been long dead. I'm not interested in debating about him.

FACEPALM. How did he create big government? He didn't declare the war, BUCHANAN did that. The war spread over Buchanan, Lincoln, and even Johnson.
leojm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2013 10:31:07 PM
At 9/8/2013 10:26:45 PM, PatriotPerson wrote:

FACEPALM. How did he create big government? He didn't declare the war, BUCHANAN did that. The war spread over Buchanan, Lincoln, and even Johnson.

The Civil War? I'm done. I'm just going to stop. I'm just going to let it go. This is no big deal, gata pick my fights wisely. lolz
PatriotPerson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2013 10:32:06 PM
At 9/8/2013 10:31:07 PM, leojm wrote:

The Civil War? I'm done. I'm just going to stop. I'm just going to let it go. This is no big deal, gata pick my fights wisely. lolz

Yup. Buchanan started the Civil War.
leojm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2013 10:35:11 PM
At 9/8/2013 10:32:06 PM, PatriotPerson wrote:
At 9/8/2013 10:31:07 PM, leojm wrote:

Yup. Buchanan started the Civil War.

Nope Lincoln did. I'm sticking with it. End of discussion. lolz My dad's friend is a history major and he said Lincoln started the war.
PatriotPerson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2013 10:37:48 PM
At 9/8/2013 10:35:11 PM, leojm wrote:
Nope Lincoln did. I'm sticking with it. End of discussion. lolz My dad's friend is a history major and he said Lincoln started the war.

Yes, Lincoln may have "started" it, but was well under way and practically unstoppable when Buchanan was president. I thought you were just going to let it go. Teheh.
leojm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2013 10:40:08 PM
At 9/8/2013 10:37:48 PM, PatriotPerson wrote:

Yes, Lincoln may have "started" it, but was well under way and practically unstoppable when Buchanan was president. I thought you were just going to let it go. Teheh.

tsk tsk, I'm done now. last comment. lolz
PatriotPerson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2013 10:40:50 PM
At 9/8/2013 10:40:08 PM, leojm wrote:
At 9/8/2013 10:37:48 PM, PatriotPerson wrote:

tsk tsk, I'm done now. last comment. lolz

O rly?
RoyLatham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2013 1:47:47 PM
Miyazaki's animated film Spirited Away, "the story of a girl, forced to survive in a bizarre spirit world, who works in a bathhouse for spirits after her parents are turned into pigs by the sorceress who owns it" (Wikipedia). Incompetence easily produces something nasty and incoherent, but Spirited Away is masterful, beautifully produced, and weird to the core.