Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2013 9:44:12 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Luca wins!!!!!!!!

Hurrah!

Thoughts on the entire season/winner?
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2013 10:14:11 PM
I did not read the first post of this thread because I missed the most recent episode but I will be watching it tomorrow and I will be posting here. I have opinions about this season. Strong opinions.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2013 12:35:58 PM
YEEEEEESSSSSSSHHH!

So happy for Luca. Of all the competitors, his growth throughout the season (and last season) was the most evident. He slowly but steadily became a front runner and I don't think anyone expected it. I certainly didn't.

Also, can we discuss his character for a minute? He gave Natasha garlic DURING AN ELIMINATION CHALLENGE. He gave Jesse butter IN THE SEMI-FINALS. These are things I'd like to think I would do, but in the heat of competition, who knows?

This season had so much negativity with Krissie (seriously, wtf?) and Natasha that seeing someone like Luca with some integrity take it home is fantastic. Second to Christine, he's my favorite contest of the entire series.
- lamerde

Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2013 4:37:52 PM
At 9/14/2013 12:35:58 PM, Maikuru wrote:
YEEEEEESSSSSSSHHH!

So happy for Luca. Of all the competitors, his growth throughout the season (and last season) was the most evident. He slowly but steadily became a front runner and I don't think anyone expected it. I certainly didn't.

Also, can we discuss his character for a minute? He gave Natasha garlic DURING AN ELIMINATION CHALLENGE. He gave Jesse butter IN THE SEMI-FINALS. These are things I'd like to think I would do, but in the heat of competition, who knows?

This season had so much negativity with Krissie (seriously, wtf?) and Natasha that seeing someone like Luca with some integrity take it home is fantastic. Second to Christine, he's my favorite contest of the entire series.

Anybody who can get from a) being eliminated before the competition began and b) being mediocre, at best, in the beginning of his second try to being either first or second definitely deserves the trophy more than somebody who has been consistent the entire time. The sheer amount of dedication and capacity for learning was outstanding.

Also, I loved his reasons for giving ingredients to other contestants. I'm paraphrasing here but it went something like "If I lose because I gave somebody garlic/butter, then I don't deserve to be here." That takes serious character.

My second favourite would be Jesse because.... well, I think everybody knows why. :)
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2013 5:39:59 PM
Exactly. His journey was just that: an actual progression and improvement over two seasons.

I liked his reason for helping the other competitors, too. Natasha not giving Jesse butter when she wasn't even using it is petty. Like Luca said, he's not going to lose because he gave someone an ingredient he can spare and if he does, he didn't deserve it anyway. He wanted to win because his best was better than theirs, not because they forgot something. Great guy, great season.

I just bought Christine's cookbook for my mom's birthday, which brings up another point. Luca's cooking style has been clear throughout the season, which means people who like that style are inclined to buy his book. Think about the way he described his cheese and onion dish to Graham in the semi-final; he told a story about where that dish came from. What the hell would Natasha's cookbook have in it? lol
- lamerde