Jump to topic:

Twilight is Ruining Society

Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2009 2:45:12 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Occurrences such as the ones described in the link below should be punished to the full extent of the law. Going that far because someone has a different opinion than you is just wrong. I would also like to say that Twilight is horrible literature and it is the only book that I would not mind burning.

http://twilightsucks.proboards.com...
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2009 2:47:57 PM
I wouldn't say that Twilight is ruining society, but that doesn't mean I don't like it.

Stories like these make me worried. People get too into things.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2009 6:12:41 PM
At 12/21/2009 2:45:12 PM, Korashk wrote:
Occurrences such as the ones described in the link below should be punished to the full extent of the law. Going that far because someone has a different opinion than you is just wrong. I would also like to say that Twilight is horrible literature and it is the only book that I would not mind burning.

I officially love you for posting this! ^_^ Twilight haters of the world, unite!

P.S- One day I plan on getting a Twilight book just to burn it. Sure it's a waste of money, but Twilight is a waste of paper. :P
Vi_Veri
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2009 6:43:56 PM
The writing in those books is so incredibly horrid. I have no idea how such sh1tty writers become so famous.
I could give a f about no haters as long as my ishes love me.
johngriswald
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2009 6:51:27 PM
"It wasn't too severe-- I wasn't bruised, I wasn't in pain all day long, nothing like that-- but that incident definitely put a damper on my day. I'm just glad that she didn't hit me in the thigh or stomach, since I have some huge bruises there from fencing on Tuesday.

I'm just going to let it go, but it was definitely annoying. "

He's a guy in band who got hit, she's a girl.

Fencing.

Enuff said

It doesn't matter for what he was hit, he needed to be hit.
Having problems with the fans site? Suggestions? Can't log in? Forgot your password? Want to be an editor and write opinion pieces? PM Me and I'll get it sorted out.

ddofans.com
Chrysippus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2009 6:52:34 PM
At 12/21/2009 5:49:08 PM, LB628 wrote:
A society that can genuinely enjoy Twilight comes pre-ruined. No additional work necessary.

This made me smile.

True, perhaps, depending on your definition of ruined. It all seems to hinge on what you expected from society in the first place.
"Man is disturbed not by things, but by the views he takes of them." -Epictetus
Cavete mea inexorabilis legiones mimus!
GeorgeCarlinWorshipper
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2009 10:04:07 PM
At 12/21/2009 2:45:12 PM, Korashk wrote:

Book-burning is never justified. However, calling "Twilight" a book is like calling Glenn Beck an intellectual.

... Light 'em up!
"We were having a philosophical discussion and I asserted that the only demonstrable reality is individual consciousness, but he insisted on the existence of a priori moral values that transcended free will. So I hit him." - Walon Vau
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2009 12:00:38 AM
At 12/21/2009 6:43:56 PM, Vi_Veri wrote:
The writing in those books is so incredibly horrid. I have no idea how such sh1tty writers become so famous.

Must be a vampire thing. :P
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2009 5:47:45 AM
At 12/21/2009 6:46:33 PM, LeafRod wrote:
LOL, this is a joke, right?

I really wish that it were.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2009 5:51:34 AM
I haven't read this book, nor do I have any plans for doing so, but I think that it is up to the individual to tell whether it's good or not. We are all entitled to our own opinions.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2009 5:55:55 AM
I have tried to avoid twilight because I am a vampire fanboy, just love them, I really hope that this does not spoil the genre.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2009 11:20:56 AM
At 12/22/2009 5:55:55 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
I have tried to avoid twilight because I am a vampire fanboy, just love them, I really hope that this does not spoil the genre.

Well good choice avoiding it. Twilight does in fact ruin the genre.
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2009 2:28:07 PM
At 12/22/2009 5:51:34 AM, Mirza wrote:
I haven't read this book, nor do I have any plans for doing so, but I think that it is up to the individual to tell whether it's good or not. We are all entitled to our own opinions.

That's absolutely true, but if someone disagrees with your opinion it doesn't give you the right to break their arm/leg/foot.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2009 4:02:04 PM
My sister loves the books. I read an extract of her leaked book, and to be honest all it is is page after page of adjectives with very little character detail or plot. Seriously, a whole chapter revolved around a guy sitting in a canteen, goign to a secretary, taking a chem. class and going home. A chapter about 30 pages.

There is little dialogue and it's painful and depressing to read.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2009 8:38:43 PM
Just when I thought that it couldn't get any worse.
(Not really)

http://www.mylifeistwilight.com...
Metallicker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2009 5:12:00 AM
At 12/22/2009 5:50:55 PM, Stojko wrote:
I have to agree that Twilight sucks, but to say it's ruining society is a little extreme.

Not extreme at all. Twilight is directly responsible for the sudden onslaught of vampire kids haunting my neighbourhood. Twilight is responsible for all the bad things that happen in this world.

Thats right, Twilight single handedly fucked the economy, made Tiger Woods cheat and inspired Hitler to run as chancellor.