Breaking Bad Easter Eggs

FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2013 5:40:35 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
***THIS THREAD CONTAINS SPOILERS***

I'm sure there are a lot of Breaking Bad fans here. I'm a huge fan myself. I just finished the show, and it still impresses me. But you probably haven't realized just how mind-blowing the show really is. The detail that the writers put in is absolutely staggering. As it turns out, the whole thing is full of little easter eggs. Here, I will indulge you in a few of them. Some of these may just be flukes. But probably not most.

Walter WHITE and Jesse PINKman are the main characters.

Gretchen and Elliot, the owners of Gray Matter, and the objects of Walt's ultimate envy, have the last name Schwartz, which is "black" in German. The hat which represents Walt's alter-ego, Heisenberg, is black. The show starts off with him wearing colors like brown--boring colors. When he starts cooking, it changes to green, the color of money. As he crosses over to the dark side, he starts wearing more black.

Walt lives on Negra Arroyo Lane, translated "Black Creek".

The meth that Walt and Jesse cook is blue. On the streets, it's called "blue sky". Walt's wife is named Skyler. Skyler is seen usually wearing blue.

Hank is usually seen wearing orange. Which is possibly a nod to the movie Reservoir Dogs, which centers around Mr. White, Mr. Pink and Mr. Orange, who is a cop, like Hank.

There are nods to other movies as well. In one scene, Walt is watching Scarface with Walt Jr. Walt exclaims, "everyone dies in this movie". Which can be seen as a foreshadowing, not only because Scarface is about drugs, money and violence, but also because the show casts Steven Bauer as Gus' friend in a flashback, who also played in Scarface. The specific scene of Scarface that played was obviously the "say hello to my little friend" bit, where he kills everyone with a machine gun. In the last episode, Walt essentially kills everyone with a machine gun.

The gun is hooked up to what you could call a "robot". In Season 2, Jesse suggested building a robot to save the two of them. At that time, it was seen as comic relief. But then he actually did it, and in the very same desert.

In that same final scene, Jesse strangles Todd to death. Todd was brought into the story by Walt. When their adventure first began, their roles were exactly reversed. Walt strangled Crazy 8, who Jesse brought into the story.

The final episode was called "Felina". Which is an anagram for "finale". It can also be read as FeLiNa. Which some are translating to mean "blood, meth and tears".

Gus is usually seen wearing yellow. Gus loses half his face when he's killed. Which is foreshadowed by the ominous reoccurring teddy bear. The teddy bear is pink and white.

During Gus' flashback, after his partner is killed, he is seen crying on the ground with his mouth open. This same act is repeated by Walt when Hank is killed.

The same shot, an aerial view of Walt lying on his back, is repeated many times.

On three different occasions, Jesse is about to kill Walt and Walt responds "Do it".

When Walt drops Holly off at a fire-station, the firefighters are seen playing a game of chess. The screen focuses shortly on the white king, in a bad position.

Holly is usually seen wearing pink and white.

Marie has a fascination with purple. In one deleted scene, she shoots an intruder with her own purple pistol. The only time she wears anything other than purple or black, is the episode when hank dies. She was wearing yellow.

Walt Jr. is usually seen wearing red. The car Walt gets him is red. The car Skyler got him was blue. The car Walt got himself was black.

Jesse starts out wearing bright colors like red and yellow. As the show progresses, his clothes become more bleak and grey, as if the color has been sucked out of his life.

The show has 62 episodes. The 62nd element on the periodic table is Samarium, which is used in cancer treatment. The name "Heisenberg" is based off of the physicist with that name. He died of cancer.

Crazy 8 liked the crust cut off his bread. After Walt killed him, he started doing the same. Gus drove a Volvo. After Walt killed him, so did he. Gus is seen putting a towel on the floor and puking in the toilet. Walt does the same thing. Gus was a drug dealer who had a cover as a business owner. Walt followed suit. Walt and Mike are seen in a bar. Mike takes ice with his drink and Walt doesn't. After Walt kills Mike, he begins having ice in his drinks. Mike once gives the line "Learn to take yes for an answer". Walt later repeats the same phrase. Not sure what traits, if any, he took from Jane.

Jane's death was foreshadowed in multiple ways. First she says "I think I just threw up in my mouth a little". She later says "Lie on your side or you might choke." Finally, when Jesse says "You weren"t supposed to wake up", she replies "Ever?".

Walt's drug empire is foreshadowed when Hank holds up Tuco's grill and the angle of the shot places it directly over Walt's mouth.

Tuco and Lydia both say the phrase "We're going to make a lot of money together". Walt makes the ricin for Tuco but it's used on Lydia.

Last but not least, lets not forget the classic Illuminati shit thrown in there.

http://cdn.uproxx.com...

http://1.bp.blogspot.com...

http://www.afhub.com...

https://pbs.twimg.com...

And I just wanted an excuse to post this:
http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com...
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
ktblondie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2013 6:07:39 PM
This is all so eye opening and crazy. I never thought so deeply into the colors everyone was wearing and names and random words/phrases. Thank you for posting this!! I'm only on season 3 so I'm sure I probably spoiled a lot but I don't care haha.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2013 10:17:47 PM
At 11/13/2013 6:07:39 PM, ktblondie wrote:
This is all so eye opening and crazy. I never thought so deeply into the colors everyone was wearing and names and random words/phrases. Thank you for posting this!! I'm only on season 3 so I'm sure I probably spoiled a lot but I don't care haha.

Nooooooooo. Spoils are baaaad.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
ktblondie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2013 11:05:05 AM
At 11/13/2013 10:17:47 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 11/13/2013 6:07:39 PM, ktblondie wrote:

Nooooooooo. Spoils are baaaad.

Spoilers are good, why wait ;)