Jump to topic:

Comic book debate ideas.

PatriotPerson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2013 8:49:31 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I want to debate about comic books, but I'm not sure what topic to use. Could you guys give me some ideas? I was hoping to debate with cybertron1998, but chickened out (no offense).

So, what ideas ya got?
"Victory has a thousand fathers, but defeat is an orphan" -JFK
"You all stink like poo poo" - Rich Davis
"That idea may just be crazy enough... TO GET US ALL KILLED!" -Squidward Tentacles
"My heart is always breaking for the ghosts that haunt this room." -Nate Ruess
Proveit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2013 4:05:30 PM
I am not sure exactly what you are looking for, but these are topics i debate with my friends.

How women are depicted in comic books or sexism in comics books.

DC Vs. Marvel (although much of that is personal opinion)

who is faster superman or the flash? or the flash vs quicksilver

the merits of the DC New 52 reboot

whether superheroes should be allowed to kill their villains or whether they are morally obligated or allowed to do so.

I am sure there are many other topics, but that is all I can think of off the the top of my head. Also if you are ever looking for someone to debate, i am would debate you
Beverlee
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2013 3:58:14 PM
At 11/23/2013 4:05:30 PM, Proveit wrote:
I am not sure exactly what you are looking for, but these are topics i debate with my friends.

whether superheroes should be allowed to kill their villains or whether they are morally obligated or allowed to do so.

I am sure there are many other topics, but that is all I can think of off the the top of my head. Also if you are ever looking for someone to debate, i am would debate you

These ideas are better than mine. I was thinking along the lines of. "Who would win in a fight?" Things. Like an Avengers vs Justice League tournament.

The portrayal of women in comic books is intriguing to me. Is Wonder Woman a lesbian? Is it appropriate to include LGBT good guys? Is minority representation healthy? Would more minority heroes hurt comic book sales? What impact did the Comics Code have on the industry? Is collecting comic books a good investment?

More fun ideas: how lex Luther could defeat Superman. How the Joker could beat Spider-Man, how the Green Goblin would fare against Batman. Would "Taxi Driver" with Robert DeNeiro be a realistic look at the Punisher?
Proveit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2013 6:37:37 PM
At 11/27/2013 3:58:14 PM, Beverlee wrote:

These ideas are better than mine. I was thinking along the lines of. "Who would win in a fight?" Things. Like an Avengers vs Justice League tournament.

The portrayal of women in comic books is intriguing to me. Is Wonder Woman a lesbian? Is it appropriate to include LGBT good guys? Is minority representation healthy? Would more minority heroes hurt comic book sales? What impact did the Comics Code have on the industry? Is collecting comic books a good investment?

More fun ideas: how lex Luther could defeat Superman. How the Joker could beat Spider-Man, how the Green Goblin would fare against Batman. Would "Taxi Driver" with Robert DeNeiro be a realistic look at the Punisher?

Thanks I like those match up ideas too. anytime you want to debate let me know, I think it would be fun to debate you
PatriotPerson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2013 6:43:54 PM
At 11/27/2013 6:37:37 PM, Proveit wrote:

Thanks I like those match up ideas too. anytime you want to debate let me know, I think it would be fun to debate you

This is my thread, bro. Stop trying to act like you're the runner.
"Victory has a thousand fathers, but defeat is an orphan" -JFK
"You all stink like poo poo" - Rich Davis
"That idea may just be crazy enough... TO GET US ALL KILLED!" -Squidward Tentacles
"My heart is always breaking for the ghosts that haunt this room." -Nate Ruess
Kumquatodor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2013 11:23:18 AM

I am for WW as a bi/LGBT good guy. She was created as a way to push the envelope and fight for womans's equality, so why not evolve into equality for ALL.

As long as they don't write it like "lesbian Wonder Woman is hot", it would work fine.

PS.:

FIX STARFIRE!