Total Posts:4|Showing Posts:1-4
Jump to topic:

Dark humor: did "Seinfeld" depict a murder?

Adam2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2013 11:32:18 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
In "The English Patient," George dates a girl named Danielle. He tries to outsmart Neil and earn her love. In the end of the episode, he was in the hospital because a graph fruit burned his eyes. Neil says, "I win," to George. In retaliation, George cuts off his intravenous line. The question is, being we all know George did that deliberately, does cutting off someone's intravenous line kill them? If so that would make George a murderer.
Adam2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2013 11:33:20 AM
That is potentially R-rated stuff right there. lol
BTW, I'm not against portrayals of violence, even for murder, because violence is not the only way to murder someone. You can do things like poison someone's food or cut their line, assuming it is murder.
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2013 1:30:06 PM
Pretty sure he was cutting his morphine drip. So, not murder, per se. But maybe some form of indirect torture.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
Adam2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2013 2:14:16 PM
At 11/23/2013 1:30:06 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
Pretty sure he was cutting his morphine drip. So, not murder, per se. But maybe some form of indirect torture.

I guess it depends. Some say it was an intravenous line. I'm surprised he was never tried in the finale for that. Regardless of what it was, if you had seen it without knowing your first reaction would've probably been, "Damn that is stone cold."