Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2013 8:13:03 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Nobody cares.
"Victory has a thousand fathers, but defeat is an orphan" -JFK
"You all stink like poo poo" - Rich Davis
"That idea may just be crazy enough... TO GET US ALL KILLED!" -Squidward Tentacles
"My heart is always breaking for the ghosts that haunt this room." -Nate Ruess
Wren_cyborg
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2013 9:23:36 AM
Friends was the worst show in television history. Before it, sitcoms and the like were relatively harmless. You might watch Steve Urkle for a few laughs, or the Olson twins or something... they were on once a week, nobody got too worked up, and it was just to unwind with the kids or something. Friends marked the beginning of a new era of sitcoms. The modern era. These sitcoms are not just random episodes you watch at the end of the week to relax. They are a storyline that you watch from start to finish. They are not characters on a screen, they are people that replace your real friends. People will come to work talking about what happened on Friends instead of what really happened in their personal life. People stopped caring about their own personal lives, because what was happening on Friends was more hip and cool. I can't, off-hand, think of much that is more truly pathetic than what shows like this did to the American public.
Adam2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2013 5:03:40 PM
At 11/27/2013 9:23:36 AM, Wren_cyborg wrote:
Friends was the worst show in television history. Before it, sitcoms and the like were relatively harmless. You might watch Steve Urkle for a few laughs, or the Olson twins or something... they were on once a week, nobody got too worked up, and it was just to unwind with the kids or something. Friends marked the beginning of a new era of sitcoms. The modern era. These sitcoms are not just random episodes you watch at the end of the week to relax. They are a storyline that you watch from start to finish. They are not characters on a screen, they are people that replace your real friends. People will come to work talking about what happened on Friends instead of what really happened in their personal life. People stopped caring about their own personal lives, because what was happening on Friends was more hip and cool. I can't, off-hand, think of much that is more truly pathetic than what shows like this did to the American public.

That, and "Seinfeld" is more vulgar, nihilistic and obscene than "Friends". "Friends" is a like boring 1950s PG show.
Wren_cyborg
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2013 3:23:04 AM
At 11/27/2013 5:03:40 PM, Adam2 wrote:

That, and "Seinfeld" is more vulgar, nihilistic and obscene than "Friends". "Friends" is a like boring 1950s PG show.

Seinfeld appeared to at least have some talent on the show, but I cared for neither and I'd rather spend the night giving my testicle hairs a perm than sit through those shows.
jabeen100
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2013 3:58:25 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Well my friend is my life ... i ever cant live without them ... because i ever feeling joy or sorrow .. my friend stay always with us to share..!
Adam2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2013 11:32:02 PM
At 12/28/2013 3:58:25 AM, jabeen100 wrote:
Well my friend is my life ... i ever cant live without them ... because i ever feeling joy or sorrow .. my friend stay always with us to share..!

I talking about a TV show.
jabeen100
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2013 6:20:15 AM
At 12/29/2013 11:32:02 PM, Adam2 wrote:
At 12/28/2013 3:58:25 AM, jabeen100 wrote:

I talking about a TV show.

ohh sorry, my favorite tv shows are
1. Gossip Girl
2. My Mad Fat Teenage Diary
3. The Vampire Diaries
4. Scott & Bailey
5. Medium
6. Hustle
7. Life on Mars
8. Waterloo Road - in its early days
9.The Young Apprentice - always good !!
10. Candy Cabs
and i am watching these shows online at http://www.livetv.pk...
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2013 11:19:49 AM

Because soap operas and the like were non-existent, right?
My work here is, finally, done.
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2014 1:43:37 PM
At 12/31/2013 11:19:49 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

Because soap operas and the like were non-existent, right?

Very good point, but there was a big difference between Days of our Lives and Friends - soaps were on during the day-time simply to placate non-working housewives. They weren't humor-based and they weren't part of the main-stream nightly schedule that normal people watch. Soaps were a personal thing, not so much to talk about with your friends... People don't come to work talking about what happened on Days of our Lives this morning, but they certainly come to work talking about last-night's sit-coms. And I really think it's pretty sad that we have become so dependent on fictional social-lives to replace our own.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.