Dragonball GT VS Dragonball Z

TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2014 10:06:00 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Which did you like better and why?

I am in the middle of watching GT. I am on episode 40, so I am nearing the end of the series, though I have completely watched dragonball Z twice.

Here are my thoughts so far:

GT is a lot more fast paced. This is a good thing and a bad thing. It's a good thing, because there were some episodes where they would just crap talk on each other for an entire episode, and completely skip out on fighting. This was boring and kind of a waste of my time. Especially during the Frieza saga. Of course there is the general crap talk in Dragonball GT as well (I mean it's part of the show), but they almost always get to the point pretty quickly and resume their fighting faster than they did in Z. The one good thing about Dragonball Z dragging it out, is they got to focus on character development, and plot building. But I don't really find that missing so much from GT either.
I've also noticed that Dragonball GT has a few different adult symbolism to reality references. Like when they land on Ibeka (spelled that wrong) and the people were charging the heroes for everything (similar to real life in a lot of countries). Kids probably won't notice that, but I love how the show tries to also reach a more mature audience. Z did as well, I know.

Overall I am still stuck on liking Z better, because ultimately the character development was much superior to GT like Vegeta's slow change into being "good". Krillin (despite being the biggest wuss), was also a loyal friend, and you become attached to him as a character with Gohan etc. There are plenty of great development in character that you don't see as much in GT. I guess in GT they have assumed that most of the characters have already been developed to their full potential, and want to focus on the action and adventure aspects.

I do like the change of pace though in GT, but Z will always remain my favorite I think.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
ClassicRobert
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2014 10:08:16 PM
Is this even an actual question?
Debate me: Economic decision theory should be adjusted to include higher-order preferences for non-normative purposes http://www.debate.org...

Do you really believe that? Or not? If you believe it, you should man up and defend it in a debate. -RoyLatham

My Pet Fish is such a Douche- NiamC

It's an app to meet friends and stuff, sort of like an adult club penguin- Thett3, describing Tinder
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2014 11:23:24 PM
Z was the first one I saw, so it has a special place in my heart. I also preferred the villains in Z and found them more menacing. Part of that was due to the fact that by the time you get to GT, you know Goku is going to win and that's that. I had too much confidence in him by then lol.

Also, and this is just a personal bias, but the adult-turned-into-a-kid thing never worked for me. Except in Detective Conan. That anime was awesome.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2014 9:51:52 AM
At 1/3/2014 10:08:16 PM, ClassicRobert wrote:
Is this even an actual question?

Was that an actual question?
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2014 9:53:04 AM
At 1/3/2014 10:58:47 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
I especially liked the bit about the heroes having to pay for things.

I think you misunderstood exactly what I was saying there.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2014 9:55:15 AM
At 1/3/2014 11:23:24 PM, Maikuru wrote:
Z was the first one I saw, so it has a special place in my heart. I also preferred the villains in Z and found them more menacing. Part of that was due to the fact that by the time you get to GT, you know Goku is going to win and that's that. I had too much confidence in him by then lol.

Lol even when goku was fighting the overpowered baby, he knew he was going to win by some random circumstance or another, and didn't even break a sweat lol.

Also, and this is just a personal bias, but the adult-turned-into-a-kid thing never worked for me. Except in Detective Conan. That anime was awesome.

Yeah its kind of odd. I think that was for all the original dragonball fans
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2014 4:33:15 PM
i preferred z
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
legodude123
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2014 4:56:42 PM
Gt is ruined and has too many bad charaters like the show sucks the movie sucks like.z was better. Akiryum did not create gt it was toei