Jump to topic:

Hellblazer's Coming to NBC!

MrVan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2014 3:43:10 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I know this is probably old news that because I heard it from the Escapist, who have a knack for late reporting. Nevertheless, this is the first time I've seen anything on this and I'm completely stoked (maybe a little more than I should be, considering how bad 'Constantine' was)!

Anyone have any opinions on this? Theories on what they'll do or change?

Source: http://www.escapistmagazine.com...
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2014 8:02:28 PM
I can't think of a single reason you'd be thrilled that a series like Hellblazer is getting a network television show. It's subject matter isn't exactly conducive to a faithful adaptation when meant for general audiences.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
MrVan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2014 9:18:47 PM
At 1/15/2014 8:02:28 PM, Korashk wrote:
I can't think of a single reason you'd be thrilled that a series like Hellblazer is getting a network television show. It's subject matter isn't exactly conducive to a faithful adaptation when meant for general audiences.

Yeah, I very well could be setting myself up for disappointment, but I can't help but be optimistic about it. It's too early to tell either way; it might not have the full-frontal nudity, chain smoking, or critical outlook of religion that the graphic novel had. I don't expect it to be one-hundred percent true to the original, in any case. Few comic book adaptations are, for better or worse. Then again, television has been getting very ballsy in the last few years, and we might get pleasantly surprised.
MrVan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2014 12:17:23 AM
Yeah, I very well could be setting myself up for disappointment, but I can't help but be optimistic about it. It's too early to tell either way; it might not have the full-frontal nudity, chain smoking, or critical outlook of religion that the graphic novel had, but I don't expect it to be one-hundred percent true to the original anyways. In any case, few comic book adaptations are, for better or worse. Then again, television has been getting very ballsy in the last few years, and we might get pleasantly surprised.

Fixed... sorry, I write faster than I think when I'm sleepy.