Jump to topic:

Guess the Quote!

daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2014 6:44:10 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I'm reviving this old fashion forum game, and I will set down the rules of this game.

1. The quote can either be from any source of media, but it should stand out as distinctive.
2. You must guess the specific source of media from which the quote came(The name must be close enough so that pretty much everyone would know what you're talking about). If the source from whichever the quote comes from's name has been used by another source of media, you must specify the year in which the source was released to the public, and, if necessary, you must state the type of media of the source (Like Movie or Speech)
3. The person who guesses the quote right first gets to play the next quote of the game, a quote of their choosing
4. You can't use Google or any other search engine to find the answers to a quote
This rule can be waived, however, if any of these conditions below are satisfied
a. Five people guess that quote wrong
or
b. Five people vouch for the use of search engines for that particular quote

I'll start:
"I'd like to say thank you on behalf of the group and ourselves, I hope we've passed the audition."
#FeeltheFreezerBern
yay842
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2014 8:12:34 PM
At 1/27/2014 6:44:10 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
I'm reviving this old fashion forum game, and I will set down the rules of this game.

1. The quote can either be from any source of media, but it should stand out as distinctive.
2. You must guess the specific source of media from which the quote came(The name must be close enough so that pretty much everyone would know what you're talking about). If the source from whichever the quote comes from's name has been used by another source of media, you must specify the year in which the source was released to the public, and, if necessary, you must state the type of media of the source (Like Movie or Speech)
3. The person who guesses the quote right first gets to play the next quote of the game, a quote of their choosing
4. You can't use Google or any other search engine to find the answers to a quote
This rule can be waived, however, if any of these conditions below are satisfied
or

I'll start:
"I'd like to say thank you on behalf of the group and ourselves, I hope we've passed the audition."

I DID

next quote: "Sumb*tch?"
30 Important Life Lessons
http://www.debate.org...
20 Terrifying Two-Sentence Horrors
20 Jokes That Only Geniuses Will Understand
Name One Song That Can't Match This GIF
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net...
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2014 9:11:39 PM
At 1/27/2014 8:12:34 PM, yay842 wrote:

or

I'll start:

I DID

Wrong. Your guess was wrong.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2014 9:16:48 PM

or

I'll start:

John Lennon

Next quote: "During all the years I've been taking care of you, you in return have been taking care of me. You are still my grandchild and always will be. But now, you're a woman too. I want you to belong somewhere, to have roots of your own. With David you will be able to find those roots and live normally like any woman should do. Believe me, my dear, your future lies with David and not with a silly old buffer like me. One day, I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine. Goodbye, Susan. Goodbye, my dear."
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2014 9:20:25 PM
At 1/27/2014 9:16:48 PM, SeventhProfessor wrote:

or

I'll start:

John Lennon

When did he say it? There are 2 right answers. I need the source of media in which it came from.

Next quote: "During all the years I've been taking care of you, you in return have been taking care of me. You are still my grandchild and always will be. But now, you're a woman too. I want you to belong somewhere, to have roots of your own. With David you will be able to find those roots and live normally like any woman should do. Believe me, my dear, your future lies with David and not with a silly old buffer like me. One day, I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine. Goodbye, Susan. Goodbye, my dear."
#FeeltheFreezerBern
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2014 9:21:34 PM
At 1/27/2014 9:20:25 PM, daytonanerd wrote:

or

I'll start:

John Lennon

When did he say it? There are 2 right answers. I need the source of media in which it came from.

The last rooftop performance of their song "Get Back".

#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2014 9:24:56 PM
At 1/27/2014 9:21:34 PM, SeventhProfessor wrote:
At 1/27/2014 9:20:25 PM, daytonanerd wrote:

or

I'll start:

John Lennon

The last rooftop performance of their song "Get Back".

Correct. The 2 acceptable answers were the Rooftop Concert, and the film 'Let it Be'. You may proceed with your quote.

#FeeltheFreezerBern
yay842
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2014 9:27:46 PM
At 1/27/2014 9:11:39 PM, daytonanerd wrote:

or

I'll start:

I DID

NOPE YOU"RE WRONG. TECHNICALLY I DID SAY THAT QUOTE. There could have been no way to prove that I was wrong unless you are that creepy guy standing behind me.
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2014 9:30:11 PM
At 1/27/2014 9:27:46 PM, yay842 wrote:

or

I'll start:

I DID

NOPE YOU"RE WRONG. TECHNICALLY I DID SAY THAT QUOTE. There could have been no way to prove that I was wrong unless you are that creepy guy standing behind me.

Well, your saying of the quote never appeared in any type of media, whereas Lennon saying it did. Besides, that was where the quote originated, which is what the game is willing to answer. Even of you said it, John Lennon said it over 40 years before you, so it originated from him, not you.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2014 9:31:21 PM
Next quote!

During all the years I've been taking care of you, you in return have been taking care of me. You are still my grandchild and always will be. But now, you're a woman too. I want you to belong somewhere, to have roots of your own. With David you will be able to find those roots and live normally like any woman should do. Believe me, my dear, your future lies with David and not with a silly old buffer like me. One day, I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine. Goodbye, Susan. Goodbye, my dear.
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

~mysteriouscrystals

~F-16

yay842
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2014 9:33:14 PM
At 1/27/2014 9:30:11 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
At 1/27/2014 9:27:46 PM, yay842 wrote:

or

I'll start:

I DID

Well, your saying of the quote never appeared in any type of media, whereas Lennon saying it did. Besides, that was where the quote originated, which is what the game is willing to answer. Even of you said it, John Lennon said it over 40 years before you, so it originated from him, not you.

you sure about that? i guess you wont know for sure since you dont know who i am...
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2014 6:21:10 PM
At 1/27/2014 9:31:21 PM, SeventhProfessor wrote:
Next quote!

During all the years I've been taking care of you, you in return have been taking care of me. You are still my grandchild and always will be. But now, you're a woman too. I want you to belong somewhere, to have roots of your own. With David you will be able to find those roots and live normally like any woman should do. Believe me, my dear, your future lies with David and not with a silly old buffer like me. One day, I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine. Goodbye, Susan. Goodbye, my dear.

Bump. Guess it.
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

~mysteriouscrystals

~F-16

Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2014 8:45:52 PM
At 1/28/2014 6:21:10 PM, SeventhProfessor wrote:
Next quote!

Bump. Guess it.

Steel Magnolias
My work here is, finally, done.
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2014 9:21:07 PM
At 1/28/2014 8:45:52 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
Next quote!

Bump. Guess it.

Steel Magnolias

Nope.
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

~mysteriouscrystals

~F-16

Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2014 9:29:58 PM
At 1/28/2014 9:21:07 PM, SeventhProfessor wrote:
Next quote!

Bump. Guess it.

Steel Magnolias

Nope.

Pride and Prejudice
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2014 9:31:18 PM
At 1/28/2014 9:29:58 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
Next quote!

Bump. Guess it.

Steel Magnolias

Nope.

Pride and Prejudice

Never. Think sci-fi.
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

~mysteriouscrystals

~F-16

Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2014 9:32:35 PM
At 1/28/2014 9:31:18 PM, SeventhProfessor wrote:
Next quote!

Bump. Guess it.

Steel Magnolias

Nope.

Pride and Prejudice

Never. Think sci-fi.

Pride and Prejudice.... in space
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2014 9:33:59 PM
At 1/28/2014 9:32:35 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
Next quote!

Bump. Guess it.

Steel Magnolias

Nope.

Pride and Prejudice

Never. Think sci-fi.

Basically, but different title.
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

~mysteriouscrystals

~F-16

SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2014 9:43:30 PM
At 1/28/2014 9:32:35 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
Next quote!

Bump. Guess it.

Steel Magnolias

Nope.

Pride and Prejudice

Never. Think sci-fi.

Actually, just look at my profile picture.
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

~mysteriouscrystals

~F-16

Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2014 9:45:47 PM
At 1/28/2014 9:43:30 PM, SeventhProfessor wrote:

Pigs in Space?
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2014 9:47:54 PM
At 1/28/2014 9:45:47 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

Pigs in Space?

Now look at my profile picture.
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

~mysteriouscrystals

~F-16

Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2014 9:52:32 PM
At 1/28/2014 9:47:54 PM, SeventhProfessor wrote:

Pigs in Space?

Lost in Space
Doctor Who - the movie?
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2014 9:55:16 PM
At 1/28/2014 9:52:32 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 1/28/2014 9:47:54 PM, SeventhProfessor wrote:

Pigs in Space?

Lost in Space
Doctor Who, the 1964 season 2 episode The Dalek Invasion of Earth when the Doctor says goodbye to his granddaughter and first companion Susan.

Correct! Now post your quote.
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

~mysteriouscrystals

~F-16

Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2014 10:03:20 PM

They say when you meet the love of your life, time stops. And that's true. What they don't tell you, is that once time starts again, it moves extra fast to catch up.
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2014 10:04:27 PM
At 1/28/2014 10:03:20 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

They say when you meet the love of your life, time stops. And that's true. What they don't tell you, is that once time starts again, it moves extra fast to catch up.

Big Finish, Ed Bloom.
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

~mysteriouscrystals

~F-16

Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2014 10:05:32 PM
At 1/28/2014 10:04:27 PM, SeventhProfessor wrote:
At 1/28/2014 10:03:20 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

Big Finish, Ed Bloom.

Close enough
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2014 10:07:19 PM
Facing this stuff in real life is not like school. In school if you make a mistake you can just try again tomorrow, but out there when you're a second away from being murdered or watching a friend die right before your eyes, you don't know what that's like.
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

~mysteriouscrystals

~F-16

Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2014 10:10:02 PM
At 1/28/2014 10:07:19 PM, SeventhProfessor wrote:
Facing this stuff in real life is not like school. In school if you make a mistake you can just try again tomorrow, but out there when you're a second away from being murdered or watching a friend die right before your eyes, you don't know what that's like.

Training Day
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2014 10:22:37 PM
At 1/28/2014 10:10:02 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

Training Day

False.
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

~mysteriouscrystals

~F-16

Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2014 10:25:42 PM
At 1/28/2014 10:22:37 PM, SeventhProfessor wrote:
At 1/28/2014 10:10:02 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

Training Day

False.

Breaking Bad