Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2010 11:01:04 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 1/18/2010 10:59:49 AM, Frodobaggins wrote:
At 1/18/2010 10:56:42 AM, Koopin wrote:
You can pirate it. I don't recommend buying it.

Fixed your spelling.

It sounds more legal saying watching. ;D
kfc
PoeJoe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2010 11:16:16 AM
At 1/18/2010 10:47:33 AM, Koopin wrote:
Man, I watched it and it sucked! There was not as much action in it and there was no plot!

Are you kidding me? The Hurt Locker was an almost unbearably suspenseful movie. To quote Roger Ebert on the matter, "The movie contains explosions, but only a few, and it is not about explosions, but about hoping that none will happen. That sense of hope is crucial. When we merely want to see stuff blowed up real good in a movie, that means the movie contains no one we give a damn about."

Here's another quote from Ebert: "The suspense is real, and it is earned. Hitchcock said when there's a bomb under a table, and it explodes, that's action. When we know the bomb is there, and the people at the table play cards, and it doesn't explode, that's suspense."

The Hurt Locker wasn't necessarily about plot. It was about examining the three main characters as they grow with one another.
Television Rot: http://tvrot.com...
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2010 11:23:28 AM
At 1/18/2010 11:16:16 AM, PoeJoe wrote:
Man, I watched it and it sucked! There was not as much action in it and there was no plot!

Are you kidding me? The Hurt Locker was an almost unbearably suspenseful movie. To quote Roger Ebert on the matter, "The movie contains explosions, but only a few, and it is not about explosions, but about hoping that none will happen. That sense of hope is crucial. When we merely want to see stuff blowed up real good in a movie, that means the movie contains no one we give a damn about."

Here's another quote from Ebert: "The suspense is real, and it is earned. Hitchcock said when there's a bomb under a table, and it explodes, that's action. When we know the bomb is there, and the people at the table play cards, and it doesn't explode, that's suspense."

The Hurt Locker wasn't necessarily about plot. It was about examining the three main characters as they grow with one another.

Yea, I guess it's who watches it. I liked the suspense, but there was like no more than 2 minutes of fighting at a time.
kfc
tkubok
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2010 12:25:24 PM
At 1/18/2010 11:23:28 AM, Koopin wrote:
At 1/18/2010 11:16:16 AM, PoeJoe wrote:

Yea, I guess it's who watches it. I liked the suspense, but there was like no more than 2 minutes of fighting at a time.

The plot of the movie isnt centered around fighting. If they wanted to fight, then they wouldve filmed it about a brigade of soldiers sweeping through city after city fighting guerillas. Instead, the movies plot deals with bomb experts and diffusing potential hazards.

If you want to watch an action movie, go rent Die Hard. But the Hurt Locker is more of a psychological emotional thriller.
Rezzealaux
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2010 5:59:07 PM
It was subpar. But that's coming from a guy that generally doesn't watch american media.
: If you weren't new here, you'd know not to feed me such attention. This is like an orgasm in my brain right now. *hehe, my name is in a title, hehe* (http://www.debate.org...)

Just in case I get into some BS with FREEDO again about how he's NOT a narcissist.

"The law is there to destroy evil under the constitutional government."
So... what's there to destroy evil inside of and above the constitutional government?