Total Posts:13|Showing Posts:1-13
Jump to topic:

Up Opening Montage

Frodobaggins
Posts: 602
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2010 5:28:07 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Who here didn't ball like a baby/was touched at the opening montage of UP? I know I cried my eyes out, but I'm interested in finding someone who wasn't touched by it?
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2010 6:06:55 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Wish I could help but that montage got to me too. What's worse is that I didn't actually see the movie. Instead, I only loaded the beginning to see just how "good" that opening sequence really was. Spoiler: it's good.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Kleptin
Posts: 5,095
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2010 11:25:27 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Can't help you either. It's been a while since Disney really and truly touched me. The sadness was in its reality.
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
Kleptin
Posts: 5,095
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2010 1:57:44 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
I came damn near close. Especially when it ended with him all lonely, holding that balloon at the funeral.
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
Frodobaggins
Posts: 602
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2010 2:01:53 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 1/18/2010 1:57:44 PM, Kleptin wrote:
I came damn near close. Especially when it ended with him all lonely, holding that balloon at the funeral.

Maybe its just because I'm a bawl baby but I swears even watching at a 4th and 5th time I'm still crying my eyes out. In the movie theaters I was with my girlfriend and I had to take off my glasses because I was crying so much. That montage was just so true about everything
Kinesis
Posts: 3,667
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2010 2:54:33 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
I went to see this in the cinema with some friends, and when we came out one of my friends remarked that he was almost crying at some points. It was only after I had revealed my own emotional reaction to the opening montage, and that I had been deeply touched by parts of the movie in order to assure him that he was not alone, that I realised what he was actually saying was that he was pissing himself laughing at the dog character joking about squirrels dying.
Frodobaggins
Posts: 602
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2010 1:18:58 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 1/18/2010 2:54:33 PM, Kinesis wrote:
I went to see this in the cinema with some friends, and when we came out one of my friends remarked that he was almost crying at some points. It was only after I had revealed my own emotional reaction to the opening montage, and that I had been deeply touched by parts of the movie in order to assure him that he was not alone, that I realised what he was actually saying was that he was pissing himself laughing at the dog character joking about squirrels dying.

That's classic
Frodobaggins
Posts: 602
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2010 1:19:32 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 1/19/2010 12:26:30 PM, tkubok wrote:
I stealz monies from the church offering plates, I don't take shiz from nobodies!

lol wut