Favorite Childhood Cartoon

askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2008 9:31:48 AM
Posted: 8 years ago
Mine's Doug Funny what's yours?
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2008 12:00:42 PM
LIZARD MAN! Lizard man, lizard man, does whatever a lizard can, not much!

No seriously it was probably..............Good ole' mickey.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2008 1:49:52 PM
At 12/1/2008 12:33:57 PM, Johnicle wrote:
I was a huge Rugrats fan. which was then followed by Doug on my favorites list and weekly night line up...
Oh yeah me too, oh that brings back memories
PoeJoe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2008 3:58:10 PM
Pokemon, no friggen contest. I loved comming home to watch the new episodes -- it was what I looked forward to in the day. It seems rather silly and childish now, but I truly loved the show. I played with the cards, I had a PC game -- oh the memories!
Television Rot: http://tvrot.com...
PoeJoe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2008 8:12:06 PM
At 12/1/2008 7:45:15 PM, manutdredseal46 wrote:
Isn't it fun to go back and realize how stupid you were?

My generation's idiocy is a far superior idiocy to today's.

At least Pokemon had a plot. Miley Cyrus and The Jonas Brothers are friggen disgusting.
Television Rot: http://tvrot.com...
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2008 8:19:28 PM
Amen.

Additionally our cartoons were x1000 better.

I mean Rugrats, Doug, Rocko's Modern Life, Angry Beavers, Rocket Power, Recess, Captain Planet, etc. Our cartoons were boss.
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
Labrat228
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2008 8:22:17 PM
Our cartoons are still boss, I would watch Rocko over a little singer Montana girl any day.
VOTE INNOMEN

How much pot does Charlie Sheen do?
Enough to kill Two and a Half Men!
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2008 4:08:17 AM
Captain Pugwash was shown on TV when I was just a tot and at that age I didn't realise the characters' names had sexual double-entendres: Master Bates, Seaman Staines, Private Willy, etc.

Also good were the surreal Crystal Tipps and Alistair and the charming Paddington Bear.
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
Glitchy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2008 8:41:00 AM
Digimon! I seriously used to love the first two seasons of that show.
He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2008 1:26:19 PM
At 12/1/2008 8:12:06 PM, PoeJoe wrote:
At 12/1/2008 7:45:15 PM, manutdredseal46 wrote:
Isn't it fun to go back and realize how stupid you were?

My generation's idiocy is a far superior idiocy to today's.

At least Pokemon had a plot. Miley Cyrus and The Jonas Brothers are friggen disgusting.

I really want to do this: ' Go Charzard, flame ember Miley Cyrus!!!'
Miley Cyrus HP = 30
Fire ember = 35 HP
Miley Cyrus is dead
' Come back Charzard, go Pikachu. Thunderbolt the friggin' Jonas Brothers!
Jonas Brothers = 60 HP
Thunderbolt = 55 HP + CRITICAL DAMAGE!
Jonas Brother's die. It's now time to usher in a new era of proper children's TV, with proper games.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2009 10:51:42 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
Lol at all of your, "Our generation was the COOLEST" cries. Um, hello: Every generation thinks that about themselves! Humans have a tendency to glorify the past and think that everything was so much better way back when. I guarantee you that the children of today are going to say the same exact thing in 10 years about their generation, and so on and so forth. People glorify the 50s, the 60s, the 70s, the 80s, the 90s... just about every aspect of pop culture (including cartoons, yes). I mean really, Pokemon had a plot? Sure, but do does Hannah Montana. You might think that it's boring or "disgusting" but the same could easily be said about your favorite show. I mean I was a little older than you guys when Pokemon first came out, and I thought it was RETARDED. Every episode was the same thing over and over again. Two douches battling the hero, Ash, with their animal-like creatures to determine superiority. Lolz. That said, I mentioned that I didn't really like cartoons back then (Phuuuck Rocko's Modern Life, CatDog, etc.), but I guess Doug was decent. I liked Saturday Morning Cartoons the best, including Recess and Pepper Ann lol... don't start singing the theme song now :)
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2009 10:53:52 AM
Oh, Power Rangers ftw! But that's not a cartoon. I remember being the Pink Ranger for Halloween 2 years in a row in 1st and 2nd grade... but that was 16 years ago, so I doubt a lot of you were even BORN yet lol.
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2009 10:56:10 AM
Also, she was my first girl crush lol.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com...

Anyway even when I was VERY young... like 6... I still preferred shows like California Dreaming and Saved by the Bell to cartoons. I always thought they were dumb as hell. Sponge Bob made me gag. Even now I only really only like Adult Swim.
President of DDO
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2009 7:35:36 PM
I'm with PoeJoe; Pokemon was, without a doubt, my favorite. The show, cards, games...the whole deal. Keep in mind, I'm playing Pokemon Platinum as I type this, so...

I was also a big fan of the Recess, Doug, Pepper Ann combo. Those Saturday morning cartoons were just classics.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
leet4A1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2009 7:40:48 PM
At 9/30/2009 7:35:36 PM, Maikuru wrote:
I'm with PoeJoe; Pokemon was, without a doubt, my favorite. The show, cards, games...the whole deal. Keep in mind, I'm playing Pokemon Platinum as I type this, so...

I was also a big fan of the Recess, Doug, Pepper Ann combo. Those Saturday morning cartoons were just classics.

I still watch Recess and Doug if I see them on TV and there's nothing else on.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Ahhh! Real Monsters. Anyone else but me think this show was the t1ts?
"Let me tell you the truth. The truth is, 'what is'. And 'what should be' is a fantasy, a terrible terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago. The 'what should be' never did exist, but people keep trying to live up to it. There is no 'what should be,' there is only what is." - Lenny Bruce

"Satan goes to church, did you know that?" - Godsands

"And Genisis 1 does match modern science... you just have to try really hard." - GR33K FR33K5
leet4A1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2009 7:48:33 PM
But my all-time favourite cartoon growing up was the Simpsons. That show raised me from the age of 4.
"Let me tell you the truth. The truth is, 'what is'. And 'what should be' is a fantasy, a terrible terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago. The 'what should be' never did exist, but people keep trying to live up to it. There is no 'what should be,' there is only what is." - Lenny Bruce

"And Genisis 1 does match modern science... you just have to try really hard." - GR33K FR33K5
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2009 7:58:33 PM
At 9/30/2009 7:40:48 PM, leet4A1 wrote:

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Ahhh! Real Monsters. Anyone else but me think this show was the t1ts?

Man, that takes me back...specifically, back to the days I had cable. Real Monsters, Rugrats, and Rocco's Modern Life were my favorites.

Simpsons is great because the voices haven't changed. So many cartoons are cursed with new voice actors a few years in that just kill the feel of it.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
leet4A1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2009 8:01:14 PM
At 9/30/2009 7:58:33 PM, Maikuru wrote:
At 9/30/2009 7:40:48 PM, leet4A1 wrote:

Man, that takes me back...specifically, back to the days I had cable. Real Monsters, Rugrats, and Rocco's Modern Life were my favorites.

Oh yeah man... Nick cartoons in those days can not be beat.

Simpsons is great because the voices haven't changed. So many cartoons are cursed with new voice actors a few years in that just kill the feel of it.

leet4A1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2009 9:20:45 PM
At 9/30/2009 9:18:47 PM, comoncents wrote:
He-man
smerfs
and.......

TMNT
Turtles in a half shell... turtle power!

That was an excellent cartoon. I caught an episode or two of the new Ninja Turtles cartoon a few years ago... it was absolute crap compared to the original.

Also, the original X-Men cartoon deserves a mention (the one with Beast, Gambit, etc.). Was good.

comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2009 9:26:50 PM
At 9/30/2009 9:20:45 PM, leet4A1 wrote:

That was an excellent cartoon. I caught an episode or two of the new Ninja Turtles cartoon a few years ago... it was absolute crap compared to the original.

Yeah, definitely went off of the beaten path... and not in the right direction.

Also, the original X-Men cartoon deserves a mention (the one with Beast, Gambit, etc.). Was good.

Yep, loved it as well.