Hate on EA and pay-to-play

ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2014 5:04:52 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
What's this stemming from?

EA always has bad releases on release day, especially in connection with EA servers and online connectability (Sim City, Battlefield 3&4) but I don't know what they're pushing that's a bad pay to play model.
tkubok
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2014 4:18:22 PM
At 2/18/2014 1:09:23 PM, bluesteel wrote:
Go.

I thought all video games have a pay to play model. Dont you have to pay for the game when you buy it at stores? I dont remember Gamstop giving out games for free.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2014 5:15:58 PM
At 2/18/2014 5:04:52 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
What's this stemming from?

EA always has bad releases on release day, especially in connection with EA servers and online connectability (Sim City, Battlefield 3&4) but I don't know what they're pushing that's a bad pay to play model.

Pay-to-play refers to the business model for phone games in which a company offers the game for free but offers certain perks in the form of in game purchases if you're willing to pay. EA's brand is to trick you into playing for about one hour so you get into the game, then making it basically impossible to advance without forking out more and more money. Their approach differs from companies who merely make the game a lot easier if you pay, but make it at least possible to play the entire game for free.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2014 7:13:40 PM
Oh, I'm familiar with that I just didn't know what exactly you were referring to because pay-to-play is a term that can be spread across a bunch of different genres and games.

Is there a game in particular that set you off?