Jump to topic:

In "Training Day" why is Denzel Washington's

Adam2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2014 3:37:52 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
character more humane to one crackhead than to the other (rape scene).
The crackhead to whom he said, "You said suck my dick" and he took the gun and hit his testicles with it. Why did he do it him and not the other guy, was it because the other guy wasn't really in on the rape?
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2014 4:40:11 PM
At 3/5/2014 3:39:22 PM, Adam2 wrote:

This is the scene

do not try to make logicality out of movies especially ones of this nature
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
Rational_Thinker9119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2014 1:33:32 AM
At 3/5/2014 3:37:52 PM, Adam2 wrote:
The crackhead to whom he said, "You said suck my dick" and he took the gun and hit his testicles with it. Why did he do it him and not the other guy, was it because the other guy wasn't really in on the rape?

You answered your own question... One pissed him off and said "suck my dick b*tch" while the other one didn't, so, Denzel made an example out of the mouthy one.

Either I'm missing something, or this is easy to answer..
Adam2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2014 1:50:12 AM
At 3/7/2014 1:33:32 AM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:

You answered your own question... One pissed him off and said "suck my dick b*tch" while the other one didn't, so, Denzel made an example out of the mouthy one.

Either I'm missing something, or this is easy to answer..

That, but perhaps it's also because the white guy wasn't as involved in the rape as the mouthy one too. He was the most brutal and bragging. And least that's what my gut instinct was telling me.
charleslb
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2014 3:34:09 AM

Why does this seem significant to you?
Yo, all of my subliterate conservative criticasters who find perusing and processing the sesquipedalian verbiage of my posts to be such a bothersome brain-taxing chore, I have a new nickname for you. Henceforth you shall be known as Pooh Bears. No, not for the obvious apt reasons, i.e., not because you're full of pooh, and not because of your ursine irritability. Rather, you put me in mind of an A.A. Milne quote, "I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words bother me". Love ya, Pooh Bears.