Oiligarchy

Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2010 2:20:28 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 1/26/2010 2:10:35 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
This is a bit like the McDonalds game, but with oil. Pretty in-depth http://www.addictinggames.com...

oh, blocked at work.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2010 4:15:17 PM
If it's the game I'm thinking of (it'll take forever to load on dial-up), it's a blast. I played it a while back and got hooked. I prefer games without real endings, though.

If we're just suggesting flash games, may I recommend:

1. Mastermind: World Conqueror - great world domination game
2. Ching Chong Beautiful - hilarious platformer
3. The Adventures of Reemus - funny point n' click
4. Some game about viruses that take over cells and battle each other for cellular supremacy (search Armorgames and Addictinggames for that one).
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2010 2:16:53 AM
Silly question, how do you move the or get rid of the exploration vehicle once it is deployed?
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2010 5:19:22 AM
At 1/27/2010 2:16:53 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Silly question, how do you move the or get rid of the exploration vehicle once it is deployed?

Sorry, realised that they vanish naturally! It's 2181, I've controlled all but the first President and money is coming out of my ears.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2010 10:35:25 AM
At 1/27/2010 5:19:22 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

Sorry, realised that they vanish naturally! It's 2181, I've controlled all but the first President and money is coming out of my ears.

I got a bit beyond that and then the world blew up for no apparent reason due to a political doctrine that does not apply. <shrug>.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2010 12:58:26 PM
Protips:

- Keep demand slightly above or in level with supply

- Get human burners ASAP

- Don't automatically oil up your president. Increasing the oil addiction means you have to drill more oil or allow anarchy to happen.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2010 1:06:55 PM

By 2181, I'd already won...
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2010 1:08:15 PM
At 1/27/2010 12:58:26 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
Protips:

Agree. Or you lose...
- Get human burners ASAP

That part was funny. At the end of my game, all of the maps were covered with them.

- Don't automatically oil up your president. Increasing the oil addiction means you have to drill more oil or allow anarchy to happen.

But anarchy is how you win....
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2010 1:10:25 PM
At 1/27/2010 1:06:55 PM, wjmelements wrote:

There are two possible endings, and neither of them favour oil companies
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2010 1:22:42 PM
Also, never choose "Kill the activists" in Nigeria. This starts the Delta militia raids.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2010 2:02:18 PM
At 1/27/2010 12:58:26 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
Protips:

- Get human burners ASAP

For some reason my game never showed the demand bar, I made the mistake of oiling up all but the first president!
PoeJoe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2010 5:06:32 PM
At 1/27/2010 1:10:25 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:

What's the other ending?

I got the one where you've depleted all the world's oil, and nuclear war ensues.
Television Rot: http://tvrot.com...
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2010 5:31:51 PM
At 1/30/2010 5:06:32 PM, PoeJoe wrote:

What's the other ending?

I got the one where you've depleted all the world's oil, and nuclear war ensues.

The other ending is where you get fired.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2010 11:01:39 AM
The Game Designers are called La Molleindustria and have some pretty cool games:

Every Day The Same Dream (Like an interactive music video) - http://www.molleindustria.org...

The Free Culture Game (Anti-Intellectual rights in a game) http://www.molleindustria.org...
Rezzealaux
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2010 12:28:40 PM
At 1/30/2010 5:31:51 PM, wjmelements wrote:
At 1/30/2010 5:06:32 PM, PoeJoe wrote:

What's the other ending?

The other ending is where you get fired.

You mean this ending?
http://www.debate.org...
: If you weren't new here, you'd know not to feed me such attention. This is like an orgasm in my brain right now. *hehe, my name is in a title, hehe* (http://www.debate.org...)

Just in case I get into some BS with FREEDO again about how he's NOT a narcissist.

"The law is there to destroy evil under the constitutional government."
So... what's there to destroy evil inside of and above the constitutional government?
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2010 3:20:17 PM

I thought I had.
LeafRod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2010 4:10:40 PM
There are I think four endings. Check the Molleindustria website. Also, definitely play Every Day the Same Dream. It's raw as hell.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2010 8:05:31 AM
At 2/1/2010 4:10:40 PM, LeafRod wrote:
There are I think four endings. Check the Molleindustria website. Also, definitely play Every Day the Same Dream. It's raw as hell.

I must admit I did not quite get that game.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2010 2:33:29 PM
At 2/6/2010 4:56:03 PM, LeafRod wrote:
Did you do everything?

I think so...

Spoke to the homeless guy, collected a leaf, went to work, turned up to work naked, killed myself.

What more was there?
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2010 2:43:02 PM
At 2/15/2010 2:33:29 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Did you do everything?

I think so...

Spoke to the homeless guy, collected a leaf, went to work, turned up to work naked, killed myself.

What more was there?

When driving, get out of the car and walk out of the screen. You should see a cow. Interact with it.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2010 2:44:01 PM
At 2/15/2010 2:43:02 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 2/15/2010 2:33:29 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Did you do everything?

I think so...

What more was there?

When driving, get out of the car and walk out of the screen. You should see a cow. Interact with it.

Wtf! I did not realise I could do that! D'oh!
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2010 9:48:06 PM
http://armorgames.com...
Bubble Tanks Tower Defense is a great tower defense game. I like it better than Bloons.