Total Posts:20|Showing Posts:1-20
Jump to topic:

Your favorite bands

PatriotPerson
Posts: 1,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2014 7:50:50 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
What are they?
"Victory has a thousand fathers, but defeat is an orphan" -JFK
"You all stink like poo poo" - Rich Davis
"That idea may just be crazy enough... TO GET US ALL KILLED!" -Squidward Tentacles
"My heart is always breaking for the ghosts that haunt this room." -Nate Ruess
lannan13
Posts: 23,022
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2014 7:40:40 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
1. Breaking Benjamin
2. Linkin Park
3. Seether
4. Hollywood Undead
5. 3 Days Grace
6. Theory of a Deadman
7. Nickleback
8. Nirvana
9. Skid Row
10. Metallica
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Smikes
Posts: 11
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2014 5:53:10 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Bonobo
Tycho
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Toro y Moi

Bonobo and Toro y Moi are technically aliases for singular composers/DJs, but they do have bands with whom they play instruments and perform their music live on stage.
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2014 6:24:01 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Right now I'm into The Civil Wars (folk) and The Xx (indie pop).
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2014 7:55:41 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I'll presume that "bands" can also mean "artists" that sing or produce music. In that case:

-Death Grips
-Earl Sweatshirt
-B L A C K I E all caps with spaces ///
-Danny Brown
-Zach Hill
-Tyler the Creator (really all of O.F.)
-Kendrick Lamar
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2014 8:01:35 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/26/2014 6:24:01 PM, Maikuru wrote:
Right now I'm into The Civil Wars (folk) and The Xx (indie pop).





http://uproxx.files.wordpress.com...
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
VelCrow
Posts: 1,273
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2014 8:20:38 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Gorillaz. lol
"Ah....So when god "Taught you" online, did he have a user name like "Darthmaulrules1337", and did he talk in all caps?" ~ Axonly

http://www.debate.org...
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2014 9:05:58 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/26/2014 8:01:35 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 10/26/2014 6:24:01 PM, Maikuru wrote:
Right now I'm into The Civil Wars (folk) and The Xx (indie pop).





http://uproxx.files.wordpress.com...

http://i.imgur.com...
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2014 9:34:16 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/26/2014 9:05:58 PM, Maikuru wrote:
At 10/26/2014 8:01:35 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 10/26/2014 6:24:01 PM, Maikuru wrote:
Right now I'm into The Civil Wars (folk) and The Xx (indie pop).





http://uproxx.files.wordpress.com...

http://i.imgur.com...

Yer music is soooooooooooooooooo whiiiinnnnyyyyyyy.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2014 9:46:01 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/26/2014 9:34:16 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 10/26/2014 9:05:58 PM, Maikuru wrote:
At 10/26/2014 8:01:35 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 10/26/2014 6:24:01 PM, Maikuru wrote:
Right now I'm into The Civil Wars (folk) and The Xx (indie pop).





http://uproxx.files.wordpress.com...

http://i.imgur.com...

Yer music is soooooooooooooooooo whiiiinnnnyyyyyyy.

I find that remark rude, boorish, and impossible to deny.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2014 11:10:51 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/26/2014 9:46:01 PM, Maikuru wrote:
At 10/26/2014 9:34:16 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 10/26/2014 9:05:58 PM, Maikuru wrote:
At 10/26/2014 8:01:35 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 10/26/2014 6:24:01 PM, Maikuru wrote:
Right now I'm into The Civil Wars (folk) and The Xx (indie pop).





http://uproxx.files.wordpress.com...

http://i.imgur.com...

Yer music is soooooooooooooooooo whiiiinnnnyyyyyyy.

I find that remark rude, boorish, and impossible to deny.

At least listen to something less awful like Animal Collective. Sheesh. Tulle's too good for you.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
phantom
Posts: 6,774
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2014 11:00:58 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
King Crimson
Pink Floyd
Van Der Graaf Generator
Yes
Gentle Giant
Porcupine Tree/Steven Wilson
Sigur Ros
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
phantom
Posts: 6,774
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2014 11:07:14 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Composers:
Bach
Debussy
Max Richter
Argo Part
Hans Zimmer
Alexandre Desplat
Samuel Barber
Rachmaninoff
Chopin
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
Subutai
Posts: 3,187
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2014 9:50:28 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
The number of bands I like increases regularly, but here's my most current list (in no particular order):

The Doors
Jimi Hendrix
13th Floor Elevators
The Velvet Underground
Jefferson Airplane
The Beatles (here me out - it's hard to put this considering how popular they are, but many of their songs, specifically ones from the album Revolver and on are very good; they have a large number of songs that I wouldn't hesitate to put on a playlist sometime; I agree they're overrated in terms of they're popularity, but that doesn't take away from the fact that they were good songwriters)

And my favorite composers (as Phantom did, this really should be a separate list):

Bach (specifically later Bach)
Beethoven
Brahms
Dvorak
Schubert
Mahler
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.
dylancatlow
Posts: 12,244
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2014 12:53:30 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/26/2014 7:55:41 PM, socialpinko wrote:
I'll presume that "bands" can also mean "artists" that sing or produce music. In that case:

-Death Grips
-Earl Sweatshirt
-B L A C K I E all caps with spaces ///
-Danny Brown
-Zach Hill
-Tyler the Creator (really all of O.F.)
-Kendrick Lamar

I've never heard of any of these, but why I'm I not surprised?
18Karl
Posts: 351
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2014 3:47:02 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
1. GM Orchestra
2. Count Basie BB
3. Duke Ellington BB
4. Jazz Messengers
5. Beatles
praise the lord Chin Chin
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2014 6:33:38 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/28/2014 12:53:30 AM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 10/26/2014 7:55:41 PM, socialpinko wrote:
I'll presume that "bands" can also mean "artists" that sing or produce music. In that case:

-Death Grips
-Earl Sweatshirt
-B L A C K I E all caps with spaces ///
-Danny Brown
-Zach Hill
-Tyler the Creator (really all of O.F.)
-Kendrick Lamar

I've never heard of any of these, but why I'm I not surprised?

The last two are relatively popular atm.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2014 6:35:10 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/27/2014 9:50:28 PM, Subutai wrote:
The number of bands I like increases regularly, but here's my most current list (in no particular order):

The Doors

Omg I was soooo into the Doors when I was in HS

Jimi Hendrix
13th Floor Elevators
The Velvet Underground
Jefferson Airplane
The Beatles (here me out - it's hard to put this considering how popular they are, but many of their songs, specifically ones from the album Revolver and on are very good; they have a large number of songs that I wouldn't hesitate to put on a playlist sometime; I agree they're overrated in terms of they're popularity, but that doesn't take away from the fact that they were good songwriters)

True. I keep Rubber Soul on my Ipod

And my favorite composers (as Phantom did, this really should be a separate list):

Bach (specifically later Bach)
Beethoven
Brahms
Dvorak
Schubert
Mahler
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.