Touching songs

I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2010 12:52:16 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Well all know the kind, songs with deep lyrical meanings that touch us

I want the former, Tout le Monde, played at my eventual funeral, whenever it is.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
alyssa_16
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2010 1:00:31 PM
At 1/29/2010 12:52:16 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
Well all know the kind, songs with deep lyrical meanings that touch us

I want the former, Tout le Monde, played at my eventual funeral, whenever it is.

i happen to like never going to be alone from nickel back I cryed it is a real tear jerkier being my dad my not live to see me marry possibly not even my junior year of high school you have got to see the video to get the full effect..
you took me back to the time we had had our very first fight the slamming of doors in stead of a kiss good night you stayed out side all night a few years have come and gone and we were sitting at our favorite spot in town and you looked at me got down on one knee your momma cryed and so did my daddy, i said yes !!we went home were we met 10 years ago after all this time you and me WOW!! I never would have guessed i am so excited!!!!!!!!!!
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2010 1:02:37 PM
At 1/29/2010 1:00:31 PM, alyssa_16 wrote:
Well all know the kind, songs with deep lyrical meanings that touch you.

i happen to like never going to be alone from nickel back I cryed it is a real tear jerkier being my dad my not live to see me marry possibly not even my junior year of high school you have got to see the video to get the full effect..

Well then post the video.
alyssa_16
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2010 1:05:29 PM
At 1/29/2010 1:02:37 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 1/29/2010 1:00:31 PM, alyssa_16 wrote:
Well all know the kind, songs with deep lyrical meanings that touch you.

Well then post the video.

i am not able toi do that right now sorry
you took me back to the time we had had our very first fight the slamming of doors in stead of a kiss good night you stayed out side all night a few years have come and gone and we were sitting at our favorite spot in town and you looked at me got down on one knee your momma cryed and so did my daddy, i said yes !!we went home were we met 10 years ago after all this time you and me WOW!! I never would have guessed i am so excited!!!!!!!!!!
MikeLoviN
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2010 1:10:52 PM
At 1/29/2010 1:05:29 PM, alyssa_16 wrote:

In that case here it is

Yayy for generic rock songs with little to no creativity..
alyssa_16
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2010 1:14:20 PM
At 1/29/2010 1:10:52 PM, MikeLoviN wrote:
At 1/29/2010 1:05:29 PM, alyssa_16 wrote:

In that case here it is

Yayy for generic rock songs with little to no creativity..

wow carcastic i like that lol i listen to every thing will you please let me know of a better rock song i am willing to learn
alyssa_16
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2010 1:15:40 PM
At 1/29/2010 1:14:22 PM, MikeLoviN wrote:
Some of my favourites
You really gotta listen to the lyrics to get that feeling

well teach me and your links are not showing up
alyssa_16
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2010 1:20:25 PM
At 1/29/2010 1:17:13 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
LOL @ generic nickelback

Anything by Black Sabbath or Led Zeppelin tbh.

i like like them but i like aerosmith and posin too and you cant forget journey and boston but journey wins the overall
MikeLoviN
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2010 1:22:18 PM
At 1/29/2010 1:15:40 PM, alyssa_16 wrote:

go to youtube and look up the following bands then:
1)Thrice
2)Queens of the Stoneage
3)Foo Fighters
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2010 1:27:38 PM
Why would you want that song played at your funeral? It's kind of dark.

Danny Boy was sung acapella at my grandmother's funeral. There must have been at least 100 people there, and there were very very few dry eyes.
alyssa_16
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2010 1:29:00 PM
At 1/29/2010 1:22:18 PM, MikeLoviN wrote:

1)Thrice
2)Queens of the Stoneage
3)Foo Fighters

i like thrice and the foo fighters thay are bouth on my i pod in the favorites but i do not know aney thing about queens of the stoneage
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2010 1:29:52 PM
At 1/29/2010 1:22:18 PM, MikeLoviN wrote:

1)Thrice
2)Queens of the Stoneage
3)Foo Fighters

Thrice? LOL
President of DDO
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2010 1:31:54 PM
At 1/29/2010 1:27:38 PM, Nags wrote:
Why would you want that song played at your funeral? It's kind of dark.

Danny Boy was sung acapella at my grandmother's funeral. There must have been at least 100 people there, and there were very very few dry eyes.

The verse is:

A tout le monde (To everyone)
A tout mes amis (To my friends)
Je voius aime (I love you all)
Je dois partir (I must leave)

It's meant to be in the scenario if you are put on the spot, about to be killed and have one thing to say. I feel it's quite beautiful really.
MikeLoviN
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2010 1:32:18 PM
At 1/29/2010 1:29:52 PM, theLwerd wrote:
Thrice? LOL

Whats wrong with Thrice? They're not even close to emo if that's what you're thinking.. that seems to be the response i get the most
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2010 1:35:02 PM
Thrice is a terrible band and their most famous song (The Artist in the Ambulence) is a cliche emo song I used to listen to in HS with all of the other little b-tches lol. Anyway, Nags had some okay song picks but not a lot of them are "touching." I don't think very heavy metal songs are "touching" either Panda lol Mama I'm Coming Home, anyone? Anyway, the songs that I consider to be touching are admittedly kind of faggy... very slow and kind of dull. I guess it depends how a song's lyrics affect you and/or the kind of vibe it gives. I'll post my favorite song of all time because obviously it touches me (Glory Box by Portishead) but the other ones I like or that touch me aren't that great from a musical standpoint.
President of DDO
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2010 1:37:03 PM
At 1/29/2010 1:35:02 PM, theLwerd wrote:
I don't think very heavy metal songs are "touching" either Panda lol

Did you listen to A tout le Monde? It's not really heavy metal, hell it is probably outside the sphere of metal.
MikeLoviN
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2010 1:43:51 PM
Thrice is a terrible band and their most famous song (The Artist in the Ambulence) is a cliche emo song I used to listen to in HS with all of the other little b-tches lol.

Thrice, cliche?? HA! that's rich.. Though i guess i can understand why you'd think that if you haven't listened to any of their stuff since The Artist in the Ambulance
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2010 1:50:29 PM
At 1/29/2010 1:43:51 PM, MikeLoviN wrote:
Thrice is a terrible band and their most famous song (The Artist in the Ambulence) is a cliche emo song I used to listen to in HS with all of the other little b-tches lol.

Thrice, cliche?? HA! that's rich.. Though i guess i can understand why you'd think that if you haven't listened to any of their stuff since The Artist in the Ambulance

*slowly rising chant* Debate, debate!, debate!!, DEBATE, DEBATE, DEBATE!!, DEBATE!!!
wonderwoman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2010 4:59:43 PM
Everybody hurts - REM

Elderly woman behind the counter in a small town - Pearl Jam

This Years Love - David Gray

Hold My Hand - hootie and the blowfish
bkelley211
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2010 5:19:42 PM
Fade to Black - Metallica (along same lines as Tout le Monde)
November Rain - Guns n Roses
Unchained Melody - Righteous Brothers (more for the sound than lyrics)
Dreaming Tree - Dave Matthews Band (surprisingly poetic)
With or Without You - U2
In My Life - Beatles (probably heard this song most often for first dances at weddings)
Bridge Over Troubled Water - Simon & Garfunkel
and of course...drumroll...
Tears in Heaven - Eric Clapton
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2010 5:47:49 PM
But don't play it at my funeral.

I'd like to state for the record I want some terrible indie group to make something avant garde with the only instruments being fingernails on a blackboard. As loud as possible.

This is to disincentivize my killing.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2010 7:58:53 PM
At 1/29/2010 5:47:49 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

I'd like to state for the record I want some terrible indie group to make something avant garde with the only instruments being fingernails on a blackboard. As loud as possible.

*sigh*

I was expecting some emotion out of you, Ragnar, when I saw Ragnar_Rahl as the Last Post. I was sadly disappointed. Don't worry though, I rarely show emotion either. Are you an INTJ by chance? We tend to be immune to emotion.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2010 8:08:19 PM
At 1/29/2010 7:58:53 PM, Nags wrote:
At 1/29/2010 5:47:49 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

*sigh*

I was expecting some emotion out of you, Ragnar, when I saw Ragnar_Rahl as the Last Post. I was sadly disappointed. Don't worry though, I rarely show emotion either. Are you an INTJ by chance?
According to at least 3 tests.

How am I supposed to drip emotions through a keyboard anyway?
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2010 8:42:47 PM
At 1/29/2010 8:08:19 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
How am I supposed to drip emotions through a keyboard anyway?

I dunno. Some people write about how and why they cry, or how something is touching to them, or some other nonsense. Dot dot dot.