Jump to topic:

Noble Nightly Dialogues Part 1 Redemption

Haroush
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2014 7:20:12 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Unfortunately, the original show of NND Episode three has been officially canceled. So, I am going to go over the topics that were supposed to be discussed and I will provide everyone with the responses I prepared for the show.

*What does conservatism mean in the 21st century?
*Individual Responsibility
*Conservatives v. the Republican Party
*Public Discourse in America(Forums for discussion, debates, etc.)

So.. What is conservatism? According to Websters dictionary this is the definition.

Full Definition of CONSERVATISM

capitalized
a the principles and policies of a Conservative party
b the Conservative party
a disposition in politics to preserve what is established
b a political philosophy based on tradition and social stability, stressing established institutions, and preferring gradual development to abrupt change; specifically : such a philosophy calling for lower taxes, limited government regulation of business and investing, a strong national defense, and individual financial responsibility for personal needs (as retirement income or health-care coverage)

3 the tendency to prefer an existing or traditional situation to change

Now, looking at the different types of conservatives, all of these would be included according to some "experts".

1. Crunchy Conservative
National Review commentator Rod Dreher first coined the term "crunchy conservative" in 2006 to describe his personal ideology, according to NPR.org. Dreher says "crunchy cons" are conservatives "who stand outside the conservative mainstream," and tend to focus more on family-oriented, culturally conservative concepts such as being good stewards of the natural world and avoiding materialism in everyday life. Dreher describes crunchy cons as those "who embrace a counter-cultural, yet traditional conservative lifestyle." On his blog, Dreher says crunchy cons are as mistrutful of big business as they are big government.

2. Cultural Conservative
Politically, cultural conservatism is often confused with social conservatism. In the US, the term often incorrectly describes members of the religious right because the two share ideologies on social issues. Christian conservatives tend to like being described as cultural conservatives, because it implies that America is a Christian nation. True cultural conservatives worry less about religion in government and more about using politics to prevent fundamental changes to US culture. The goal of cultural conservatives is to preserve and maintain the American way-of-life both at home and abroad.

3. Fiscal Conservative
Libertarians and Constitutionalists are natural fiscal conservatives due to their desire to reduce government spending, pay off the national debt and shrink the size and scope of government. Nevertheless, the Republican Party is most often credited with creating the fiscal conservative ideal, despite the big-spending tendencies of the most recent GOP administrations. Fiscal conservatives seek to deregulate the economy and lower taxes. Fiscal conservative politics has little or nothing to do with social issues, and it is therefore not uncommon for other conservatives to identify themselves as fiscal conservatives.

4. Neoconservative
The neoconservative movement sprouted in the 1960s in response to the counter-culture movement. It was later bolstered by disillusioned liberal intellectuals of the 1970s. Neoconservatives believe in a diplomatic foreign policy, stimulating economic growth by lowering taxes and finding alternative ways to deliver public welfare services. Culturally, neoconservatives tend to identify with traditional conservatives, but stop short of providing guidance on social issues. Irving Kristol, co-founder of Encounter magazine is largely credited with founding the neoconservative movement.

5. Paleoconservative
As the name suggests, paleoconservatives emphasize a connection with the past. Like neoconservatives, paleoconservatives tend to be family-oriented, religious-minded and opposed to the vulgarity permeating modern culture. They are also opposed to mass immigration and believe in the complete withdrawal of US military troops from foreign countries. Paleoconservatives claim author Russell Kirk as their own, as well as political ideologues Edmund Burke and William F. Buckley Jr. Paleoconservatives believe they are the true heirs to the US conservative movement and are critical of other "brands" of conservatism.

6. Social Conservative
Social conservatives adhere strictly to a moral ideology based on family-values and religious traditions. For US social conservatives, Christianity -- often Evangelical Christianity -- guides all political positions on social issues. US social conservatives are mostly right-wing and hold firmly to a pro-life, pro-family and pro-religion agenda. Thus, abortion and gay rights are often lightning rod issues for social conservatives. Social conservatives are the most recognized group of conservatives on this list due to their strong ties to the Republican Party.

http://usconservatives.about.com...

Social conservatives and cultural conservatives are the same thing. The only difference between social conservatives and cultural conservatives is that one is more willing to social reforms. Therefore, in my opinion, cultural conservatives should be called Social-Refrormist conservatives. Thus, making them a social conservative.

In my honest opinion, conservatism has been complicated far more than what it needs to be. For example, these 6 types of conservatives could be summed up into just 3 types of conservatives. These 3 are:

Social Conservatives

Fiscal Conservatives

Staunch Conservatives

So, why do I say this? Here is why..

Social conservatives only have to carry fundamental conservative social values and not fundamental fiscal conservative values. While fiscal conservatives can have fundamental conservative fiscal values, but not fundamental social conservative values. Though a staunch conservative has both fundamental social and fiscal values of a conservative. This being said, we have defined ALL 6 types of conservatives in a nutshell.

Here are some definitions to help you understand where I am coming from.

social - relating to or involving activities in which people spend time talking to each other or doing enjoyable things with each other

liking to be with and talk to people : happy to be with people

of or relating to people or society in general

Culture - the beliefs, customs, arts, etc., of a particular society, group, place, or time

a particular society that has its own beliefs, ways of life, art, etc.

a way of thinking, behaving, or working that exists in a place or organization (such as a business)

Staunch - firm or steadfast in principle, adherence, loyalty, etc., as a person: a staunch Republican; a staunch friend.

Fiscal - of or relating to money and especially to the money a government, business, or organization earns, spends, and owes

Next I will address "*Conservatives v. the Republican Party" in my next post. If I have enough room, I will address *Individual Responsibility *Public Discourse in America(Forums for discussion, debates, etc.) together. If I am able to. So, please do not respond just yet and wait until I am done.
Haroush
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2014 7:58:35 PM
Next I will address "*Conservatives v. the Republican Party" in my next post.

So, is it really Conservatives v. the Republican Party or is it Libertarians v. the Republican party?

In my opinion, it is the Libertarians. Here is my explanation..

"As there is a divide in the Republican party, I don't believe it is conservatives versus the Republican party, but the Libertarian party versus the Establishment Republicans. To not get anyone confused, you can have conservative values and not necessarily be a Republican at heart. For example, Rand Paul is a great Senator by all means, but he is a Libertarian, not a Republican. The only reason the Libertarians are seen as Republicans at this point is because the Libertarian Party isn't established like that of the Democratic Party or the Republican Party. This being said, libertarians seen it better to join in with the Republicans as their values match more with Republicans than Democrats. Not to be confused, there is major differences between Libertarians and Republicans. For example, Libertarians would be more likely to not get involved in international affairs than a Republican. This is because most Libertarians don't see it as beneficial to get involved with international conflicts, even if it is an ally of the United States. Another example of where a Libertarian and a Republican would differ would be on social issues. Now, don't get me wrong, not all would, but most. For example, an establishment Republican would be more accepting of the NSA spying on American citizens then a Libertarian. It is important to realize there is such thing as domestic terrorist as well as foreign terrorist. This leads me to make a point about 9/11. Some of the people who were involved in the 9/11 attacks were UNITED STATES citizens! Not only were some of them United States citizens, one of them was working in the pentagon! Go figures, right? By the way, if you need proof of this just do some in depth research and you'll know what I am talking about. Honestly, I don't know how anyone could see giving secret intelligence information to other countries around the world as being a heroic act. To me, it is appalling someone would these acts as heroic. One more example would be on the issue of torture. Now, coming from a Libertarians point of view, most likely they would look down on such actions. Though coming from an establishment Republican's perspective, torture is necessary in most cases. These examples given, it clearly shows what Libertarians can at times (in my opinion) take civil liberties to an extreme. While establishment republicans tend to be more realistic about current national security issues."

Now let's go over a couple of definitions here.

Libertarian - a person who believes that people should be allowed to do and say what they want without any interference from the government

1 an advocate of the doctrine of free will

2 a - a person who upholds the principles of individual liberty especially of thought and action

b capitalized ; a member of a political party advocating libertarian principles

Libertarian Principles - ( This of course came from an official website which I will list below this statement.) We, the members of the Libertarian Party, challenge the cult of the omnipotent state and defend the rights of the individual.

We hold that all individuals have the right to exercise sole dominion over their own lives, and have the right to live in whatever manner they choose, so long as they do not forcibly interfere with the equal right of others to live in whatever manner they choose.

Governments throughout history have regularly operated on the opposite principle, that the State has the right to dispose of the lives of individuals and the fruits of their labor. Even within the United States, all political parties other than our own grant to government the right to regulate the lives of individuals and seize the fruits of their labor without their consent.

We, on the contrary, deny the right of any government to do these things, and hold that where governments exist, they must not violate the rights of any individual: namely, (1) the right to life -- accordingly we support the prohibition of the initiation of physical force against others; (2) the right to liberty of speech and action -- accordingly we oppose all attempts by government to abridge the freedom of speech and press, as well as government censorship in any form; and (3) the right to property -- accordingly we oppose all government interference with private property, such as confiscation, nationalization, and eminent domain, and support the prohibition of robbery, trespass, fraud, and misrepresentation.

Since governments, when instituted, must not violate individual rights, we oppose all interference by government in the areas of voluntary and contractual relations among individuals. People should not be forced to sacrifice their lives and property for the benefit of others. They should be left free by government to deal with one another as free traders; and the resultant economic system, the only one compatible with the protection of individual rights, is the free market.

http://www.lp.org...

Everything being said so far, we can see that there are major differences between the Republican party and the Libertarian Party. Though if we go back and look at my explanation, we can clearly see similarities between Republicans and Libertarians as well. This being said, (to be more specific) it is the Libertarians v. Establishment Republicans. On a side note ( I must say this), Libertarians do have conservative values to a degree, but they aren't fully conservative.

Individual Responsibility and Public Discourse

So, where does conservative values tie in with individual responsibilty? Well conversative values can tie in with individual responsibilities both socially and economically.

Social Conservative values:

traditional family values
Modesty
Etiquette
religiousness

Modesty - the quality of not being too proud or confident about yourself or your abilities

the quality of behaving and especially dressing in ways that do not attract sexual attention

Etiquette - the rules indicating the proper and polite way to behave

Traditional Family Values - This usually includes such topics as religion, marriage, communication, traditions, morals, holidays, interactions with relatives and how time is spent together.

"To identify what your values are and the values of your family, it is helpful to get a clear picture of what that actually means. Consider doing this exercise with your family at a family meeting. Give each family member a clean sheet of paper. Getting things on paper helps to give a clearer picture of what you desire your values to be and how you might set goals to achieve having your time spent around living these values. Each person takes a sheet of paper and divides it into three columns. The first column is to brainstorm a list of all the activities that you value, in any order. The list may include spending time with children, work, exercise, spirituality/religion, quiet time for yourself, education, time with spouse, computer games, being with friends, etc. Then, in the second column, arrange the list in order of priority. For example, if you value time with your spouse the most, put that at the top of the list and continue with the other activities that you value in their order of importance. In the third column, arrange the activities in order of how you actually spend your time during an average week and list the approximate hours you spend doing this activity. If you find spending time with your spouse is on the top of your list of valued activities and far down on the list of actual time spent, this disconnect could mean a problem."

(Continued onto next post)
Haroush
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2014 8:13:52 PM
Individual Responsibility and Public Discourse (continued)

"If you find spending time with your spouse is on the top of your list of valued activities and far down on the list of actual time spent, this disconnect could mean a problem. This is a perfect opportunity to talk about your values as a family unit and get input from other family members. What changes could you make in your life to incorporate the family values you have identified? "

http://www.parentiq.com...

Religiousness : : believing in a god or a group of gods and following the rules of a religion

Conservative economical values:

http://www.theguardian.com...

(Use as example for what the left says about conservative economic values)

Fiscal conservatism is a politicoeconomic philosophy with regards towards fiscal policy and the advocating of fiscal responsibility. Fiscal conservatives advocate and often consider avoiding deficit spending and the reduction of overall government spending and national debt as well as ensuring balanced budget of paramount importance. Fiscal conservatives would also support pay-as-you-go financial policies. Free trade, deregulation of the economy, lower taxes, and other conservative policies.

Although fiscal conservatives of today remain pro-business, they are hesitant to increase spending as a way to spur the economy. They believe the best way to promote a healthy economy is to cut taxes, reduce government waste and curtail frivilous federal programs. They believe social services should be funded with money from philanthropists and advocate tax breaks for those who contribute to worthy charitable organizations.

http://usconservatives.about.com...

In conclusion, fiscal conservatism (conservative economic values) is based on the simple notion that government can't solve all the problems in the economy. Perhaps, according to some people out here in the U.S. like me, feel we really don't need the government to always be holding the peoples' hand economically. Hence the reason for the phrase,"People aren't looking for a hand out, but a hand up." A great example of this is welfare. Now, the original purpose for welfare was to help people get out of temporary economic down falls in their lives. Though because of the progressive movement, welfare is now (and has been for a while now)something in which is an entitlement and not so much a privilege as it was sup[posed to be. Now, before anyone goes thinking,"You aren't for the poor!" or "You don't care about the people!", take a good look at some of your representatives and where they stand on issues. Better yet, let's take a look at a much more involved "Blue dog democrat" by the name of Martin O'Malley, the governor of Maryland. Now, when he was the Mayor of Baltimore, people forget about all the things he did there. Remember, how he had been caught messing with crime rate numbers?Remember, how he made it seem, he would help Baltimore be much more prosperous in the future? Well, the simple fact is he didn't. If anything he made it worse. To add on to this point, he also manipulated the Maryland economy eventually too. Remember, how when Mayor O'Malley was running for governor, he promised to not raise taxes? Does the name Joe Biden come to mind because of how obvisiously of a big joke this was? It does to me. How about this statement.. "I'm running for governor because I want to do the job." ... Martin O'Malley (D) appointed Mizeur in 2011 to a 15-member commission tasked with ... which includes tax cuts for 90 percent of Marylanders and small businesses paid for by the ..."

www.heathermizeur.com

Haha! Yeah... right I guess that is why he wanted to add on a gas tax, cigarette tax, and a rain tax. Next, you will be taxed on the oxygen you use to breathe.This isn't mentioning the toll tax he has raised from 2 to 4 dollars since he has been in office.

http://www.washingtonmonthly.com...

Budget
Governor O'Malley called a special session of the General Assembly November 2007 to close a projected budget deficit of $1.7 billion for 2008"2009.[41] In response, O'Malley and other lawmakers passed a tax plan would raise total state tax collections by 14%.[42] In April 2009, O'Malley signed a traffic speed camera enforcement law, a bill which he supported and fought for in order to help raise revenue to try to balance the deficit facing Maryland. Through strong lobbying by O'Malley, the bill was revived after first having been defeated. After a second vote, the measure passed.[43]

(Yes, this ^ was from wikipedia. Who cares. It has some accuracy to it.)

The point is if you want to see lower taxes, more economic freedom, less regulation and more prosperity, you will vote Republican. On a side note, it doesn't matter what Republican it is, as long as they aren't a democrat posed as a Republican, just to get votes because they know Republicans have a better economic agenda and social agenda too.

The public discourse has to do with public dialogue.
Where do people in America go to test their ideas? For example, where does someone bring up the idea of abortion? Is at the dinner table? On the public bus? Their university? Historically in many urban societies, public discourse would take place in the streets or the town squares.

My answer will be revealed on the next post as it can't be contained in this post..
Haroush
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2014 8:37:41 PM
Individual Responsibility and Public Discourse (continued)

"A big chunk of the problem here is political correctness and respect. It used to be that you could go out into public, [as you are referring to (historically)], and be able to discuss politics and societal problems without hurting someone's feelings. What really has derailed public discourse is the incubation of intolerance. The incubation of intolerance refers to the polarization of U.S. politics and the effects a shrinking economy has on society.

Technically speaking, we could say the shrinking economy has influenced the polarization of United States politics. My point is this though, when we have a long term struggling economy, people naturally become frustrated with life in general. Therefore, everyone is just a little more irritable about reality. Thus sparks a blame game civil war over who is responsible for everyone's troubles. The truth is though everyone is RESPONSIBLE for everyone's problems. So, what am I saying here? We are the one's who put these people into office, we make decisions in our everyday life, we are all responsible individually for constant day to day struggles.

For example, let's look at Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. Despite the fact, (I believe) Barney Frank lied to the Clinton administration about having the funds in order to fund such a program, it was the peoples' individual choices to get their houses refinanced. This in turn meant people had to start all the way back at the beginning to pay off their mortgage on their house. This being said, the only way you should do this is if you have the income to pay out for a loan of let's just say 500,000 dollars in the course of let's say three to four years.

Here is another example, let's say your choice of friends are the type that likes a lot of excitement. An example of this would be going to the club, partying, doing drugs, and other types of illegal activities. Now, one day you were hanging out with your "friends" and on your way to a party, you and your friends get pulled over by a cop. Now in this specific situation, you had no drugs on you, but your four "friends" did. In return, you get charged with possession of drugs by guilty association. Is this anyone elses fault, but yours? No. This was a choice you made and you knew your friends didn't mind risky activities. And no, it's not the laws fault either. It's yours! This is a classic example of KISS. Keep it simple stupid!"

Here is a video clip I would like for everyone to see.

Watch the video from at this point 17 mins, the clip is 1 1/2 mins long from 17 mins. That is all I ask of you to watch of this video.

https://www.youtube.com...

My conclusion is we should be talking about these issues no matter where we are. I don't care if it is in a public or private settings either. We shouldn't have to worry about being politically correct anywhere we are. At the same time, we must be understanding to the point there is other people out there with different opinions and views than our own. The best thing to do is agree to disagree if there is too much tension when discussing a topic that is controversial. Other than this, what is your opinion? Feel free to respond.
Linkish1O2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2014 8:44:32 AM
I hate to break it to ya, but I am way to lazy to read all that good luck on your endevors though
"I am a mystery and to unlock the mystery at my core, one must simply embrace slendermans hug with no fear."- me

"I hearby declare myself a phantom in the darkness."-me
Haroush
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2014 8:58:54 AM
At 3/31/2014 8:44:32 AM, Linkish1O2 wrote:
I hate to break it to ya, but I am way to lazy to read all that good luck on your endevors though

Well.. as you can imagine. This was supposed to be for a show, but oh well. So I figured it wouldn't go wasted by me posting it here on DDO. I don't know if you seen my interview with tophatdoc in episode 1, but I didn't do a good job. So, we were supposed to do another show instead it got canceled. Therefore, I didn't even get a chance to redeem myself. It honestly sucks because I wasn't prepared last time and looked stupid on the show. Though whatever. You know?
Haroush
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2014 9:01:34 AM
Basically, I am a better writer than a speaker. Therefore, I would be one of those people that would NEED a teleprompter. Lol
Linkish1O2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2014 9:31:11 AM
At 3/31/2014 9:01:34 AM, Haroush wrote:
Basically, I am a better writer than a speaker. Therefore, I would be one of those people that would NEED a teleprompter. Lol

I like it o.o
"I am a mystery and to unlock the mystery at my core, one must simply embrace slendermans hug with no fear."- me

Haroush
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2014 9:37:42 AM
At 3/31/2014 9:31:11 AM, Linkish1O2 wrote:

I like it o.o

You actually read it?
Linkish1O2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2014 9:41:23 AM
At 3/31/2014 9:37:42 AM, Haroush wrote:

I like it o.o

You actually read it?

Took me a while but yes.

Linkish1O2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2014 9:42:25 AM
At 3/31/2014 9:41:23 AM, Linkish1O2 wrote:

I like it o.o

You actually read it?

Took me a while but yes.

Is it a soon to be YouTube show?

Haroush
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2014 9:43:50 AM

I like it o.o

You actually read it?

Took me a while but yes.

I think people get intimidated by long reports such as this. Though, I'd imagine once they get into reading it, they'd be surprised at it's quality.
Linkish1O2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2014 9:45:43 AM
At 3/31/2014 9:43:50 AM, Haroush wrote:

I like it o.o

You actually read it?

Took me a while but yes.

I think people get intimidated by long reports such as this. Though, I'd imagine once they get into reading it, they'd be surprised at it's quality.

True true.

Haroush
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2014 9:53:51 AM
At 3/31/2014 9:42:25 AM, Linkish1O2 wrote:

I like it o.o

You actually read it?

Took me a while but yes.

Is it a soon to be YouTube show?

It actually already is. That's why I was so embarrassed about the first show I did on Noble Nightly Dialogues. As a matter in fact, I'll give you the link to episode 1. Just remember what I said about being a writer and not a speaker. (So embarrassing)

I not only got nervous, but because I was nervous I made many statements that were very vague and not on point. So, take a look. It definitely isn't as exciting with quality like my writing.
Haroush
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2014 9:11:48 PM
At 3/31/2014 5:45:13 PM, Josh_b wrote:
Canceled? what?
NND is the best show evaR!

Yeah, he is going to be doing his third show Wednesday now. It's supposed to be about anime or something. It was disappointing for me I must say. Anyways, how did you like my presentation I had ready for the interview?
Josh_b
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2014 10:40:58 PM
At 3/31/2014 9:11:48 PM, Haroush wrote:
Canceled? what?

Yeah, he is going to be doing his third show Wednesday now. It's supposed to be about anime or something. It was disappointing for me I must say. Anyways, how did you like my presentation I had ready for the interview?

It's a little late now don't you think? You always seem to have your thoughts together on paper. the enjoyable part about the first interview was knowing that the ideas don't always come naturally. I got a small glimpse of who you are as a person, not just your ideas on the subject.
Scrutiny Welcome

AMAA http://www.debate.org...
Haroush
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2014 11:07:56 PM
At 3/31/2014 10:40:58 PM, Josh_b wrote:
Canceled? what?

It's a little late now don't you think? You always seem to have your thoughts together on paper. the enjoyable part about the first interview was knowing that the ideas don't always come naturally. I got a small glimpse of who you are as a person, not just your ideas on the subject.

I'm a firm believer that it is never too late. Maybe it is just my determination. But this reminds me... if I can't put a fire out with a hose or fire extinguisher, then I'll come back with a fire truck..

Let me say, do believe all of my thoughts do come from me naturally, it is just if I don't know someone or to make it simple, if they are a stranger to me I tend to become nervous as I have what experts call asberger's syndrome. It's not easy being an aspie at times especially when you have all the natural collective thoughts within you, but are unable to express it to someone. Many of times, people think I am stupid simply because I either ignore them or I just don't say much. It's not that I mean to, but I am not able to express myself fully like everyone else does at present moments. It can be darn depressing at times especially in my personal life.
Josh_b
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2014 11:26:09 PM
At 3/31/2014 11:07:56 PM, Haroush wrote:
At 3/31/2014 10:40:58 PM, Josh_b wrote:
Canceled? what?

I'm a firm believer that it is never too late. Maybe it is just my determination. But this reminds me... if I can't put a fire out with a hose or fire extinguisher, then I'll come back with a fire truck..

Let me say, do believe all of my thoughts do come from me naturally, it is just if I don't know someone or to make it simple, if they are a stranger to me I tend to become nervous as I have what experts call asberger's syndrome. It's not easy being an aspie at times especially when you have all the natural collective thoughts within you, but are unable to express it to someone. Many of times, people think I am stupid simply because I either ignore them or I just don't say much. It's not that I mean to, but I am not able to express myself fully like everyone else does at present moments. It can be darn depressing at times especially in my personal life.

Haroush. You have excellent thoughts. You are really good at writing them down in a meaningful and informative manner. They are easy to follow and at times considerably profound. I do not in any way think that you are claiming thoughts that don't come from your personal reasoning. Perhaps it is Asburgers, or maybe it is just common public speaking nervousness, that doesn't matter to me.

It is easy to see that you have made steps to overcome your disability. One way that I can see as obvious is your presence here on DDO. It might even take you a little longer than other people to organize your thoughts the way you do. I don't really organize my thoughts, I just type whatever comes to me at the time. I really should edit about 90% of what I write, and say. I don't and get off topic most of the time.

If you are having trouble speaking slow down. Tell people that you have to slow down. Put your thoughts in context. The brain is funny thing. I often find myself making connections to ideas that other people have never thought of, but when I say what I want to say, I often forget to share the connections that I have made and treat people as though the references that I am making are automatically assumed. Never be afraid to clarify.
Scrutiny Welcome

AMAA http://www.debate.org...