Jump to topic:

"Headlights" is actually Nate Ruess's song

PatriotPerson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2014 8:34:12 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I'm sure many of you have heard the song "Headlights" that is supposedly by Eminem. Well, it isn't, really. The chorus and Nate's parts of the song were written by Ruess back when he was in a band called The Format. After The Format broke up, Ruess presented the lyrics of this song to his new bandmates in Fun. The song was then called "Jumping the Shark".
Fun. tried to make this song happen, but it just didn't work out for them. So, the guy who helped produce their album Some Nights suggested getting Eminem in on it and changing some of the lyrics. Eminem liked the song, so they made it.
"Victory has a thousand fathers, but defeat is an orphan" -JFK
"You all stink like poo poo" - Rich Davis
"That idea may just be crazy enough... TO GET US ALL KILLED!" -Squidward Tentacles
"My heart is always breaking for the ghosts that haunt this room." -Nate Ruess
ballinnugget
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2015 12:00:46 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/15/2014 8:34:12 AM, PatriotPerson wrote:
I'm sure many of you have heard the song "Headlights" that is supposedly by Eminem. Well, it isn't, really. The chorus and Nate's parts of the song were written by Ruess back when he was in a band called The Format. After The Format broke up, Ruess presented the lyrics of this song to his new bandmates in Fun. The song was then called "Jumping the Shark".
Fun. tried to make this song happen, but it just didn't work out for them. So, the guy who helped produce their album Some Nights suggested getting Eminem in on it and changing some of the lyrics. Eminem liked the song, so they made it.

Just because Ruess wrote his own part, but it is technically by Eminem. Ruess just used some of his old stuff. kind of like that Anaconda song by Nicki Minaj. the chorus was literally taken out of "Baby Got Back" by SIr Mix A Lot (don't really know how to spell his name)
Reeseroni
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2015 9:22:14 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Considering that this song is about Eminem's mother, I think it's safe to say that it's his song.
I like it when you call me Big Poppa