Jump to topic:

Movies you've seen recently

BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2014 11:11:28 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Post a movie (or movies) you've seen recently and tell us what you thought. Doesn't matter if its new. I've been looking for some good ones to watch.

The last movie I saw was a 2012 film called Disconnect. Its essentially a psych thriller that focuses on a few ramifications of social media. It tells the story of 3 groups of people: one is a couple who gets their bank account stolen by a hacker (although this is the least interesting one). The second is a female news reporter who stumbles upon a website where guys age 12 and up "perform" for paying customers on webcam. The third group is a couple kids who catfish another guy from their school as a joke.

I give this movie a solid 8/10. Even though catfishing has been explored by the film industry before, Disconnect still makes it unique, engaging, and emotional. Webcam guys isn't something I've seen any movie or show bring up, so this also adds to the uniqueness. Without bringing up spoilers, the whole movie overall is very interesting and is a great watch for people interested in shows based around the effects of the internet's proliferation.
BblackkBbirdd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2014 3:00:56 PM
***Purge spoilers***

The last film that I saw was 'The Purge'. It was okay and the concept behind it was interesting, however I really disliked the protagonists family ( 'It's the only day of the year when is legal for people to kill my whole family, I know ! I'll let a random man into our house. I'm sure that won't endanger my family's lives or be the cause of most of the conflict in this film') and I felt the film didn't live up to it's concept. Also I felt there were a few plot holes, for example a lot of people would be against the Purge because their family members were killed in it, and I don't understand why people are willing to spend so much on defences for their houses when they could cut out the risk of being murdered in the Purge all together by going on holiday.
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 8:10:28 AM
Kung Fu Hustle (2004, Hong Kong)
Battle Royale (2001, Japan)
American Hustle (2013, USA)
The Hunger Games, Catching Fire (2013, USA)
Frozen (2013, USA)
RoyLatham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2014 2:10:52 PM
I recently watched "The Last Starfighter" again, an older sci-fi movie now approaching classic status. Great fun with Robert Preston's last film role. Also "Forbidden Planet" the first "real" sci-fi movie; yes, that's a young Leslie Neilson in a serious role.

If you have missed "This is Spinal Tap" a faux rock documentary, that's a good one.
LE-Mental
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2014 2:49:59 PM
I loved Woody Allen's Blue Jasmine because Cate Blanchet and Sally Hawkins' performances were so powerful. However, it is nothing new at all. Woody Allen could be accused of either artistic larceny or an homage to the great Tennessee Williams because it's a replica of A Streetcar Named Desire. The plot strategy demonstrates how vulnerable people in the US can be without back-up, and end up on the street unless there are kind strangers about to take care of you. Tennessee Williams mother, I believe, had mental health sufferings and the playwright at that time was probably struck by vulnerability and those not in a position to make it. The US has always been a melting pot of immigrants (Streetcar with all different people riding on it) pursuing the American Dream (Desire) of success. Fail, and you're in deep trouble... Woody Allen probably felt the story was as relevant today as it was back then even though there has been the introduction of Obamacare....
LostintheEcho1498
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2014 10:49:01 PM
I saw Now You See Me. Now how many of you always predict what happens in the movies and generally get it right? Oh yeah, come on, it is quite a few of us. Now You See Me is one of the only movies where I left the theater with a sense of....with no better way to put it...Mind-Blown. I did not see anything coming about anything that happened. The best example is in the first 5 min. If you have not seen the movie see only the first 5 min. with the magic trick. All I am going to say is pick a card. Then go see the whole thing. It is literally the best magic movie you will EVER see. I watched it three times and still get chills at the reveal. Anyway, you have to see it to know how crazy awesome it was and anyone who has seen it, do not spoil anything. I'd have been so mad if someone had told me beforehand.
KateNicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2014 7:59:50 AM
The Conjuring.
It's a real life horror story (there is proof) and it's really good. Best when watched with friends. It's simply amazing.
KateNicole
Dennybug
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2014 12:25:05 PM
I've recently watched Road to Eldo Rado, Treasure Planet and Shrek. some of my favorites that I used to watch. I love them all for sentimental and nostalgic value pretty much. Even though they're meant for kids I think we all have the kind of movies that we love watching but seem ridiculous to everyone around us
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2014 4:47:54 PM
Anchorman 1 and Anchorman 2. Hilarious. I loved them, lol.
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2014 10:48:29 AM
At 4/23/2014 7:59:50 AM, KateNicole wrote:
The Conjuring.
It's a real life horror story (there is proof) and it's really good. Best when watched with friends. It's simply amazing.

What proof?
It's also a horrible horror film. No emotional suspense at all, just a bunch of jump-scares.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2014 10:18:31 PM
No spoilers.

2001 Space Oddisy: It moved way too slowly, partially because the visual was a massive part of it and was a big deal at the time, so they showed off allot. That, plus my being kinda drunk, made me miss the plot entirely. I'm not even sure what it was about.

American Hustle: The best thing I can say about it is the acting and the soundtrack. Allot of recognizable actors and a few not so commonly recognizable minor ones that I'm nevertheless a fan of. However, Christian Bale was nothing special in that movie, which was disappointing because he's easily one of my favorite actors. Otherwise, the acting and dialogue made it enjoyable but I didn't think it was anything special.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2014 11:32:47 PM
Boondock saints.

DING DOnG, muddafu**as!!!
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
WheezySquash8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2014 5:16:11 AM
At 4/17/2014 11:11:28 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
Post a movie (or movies) you've seen recently and tell us what you thought. Doesn't matter if its new. I've been looking for some good ones to watch.

The last movie I saw was a 2012 film called Disconnect. Its essentially a psych thriller that focuses on a few ramifications of social media. It tells the story of 3 groups of people: one is a couple who gets their bank account stolen by a hacker (although this is the least interesting one). The second is a female news reporter who stumbles upon a website where guys age 12 and up "perform" for paying customers on webcam. The third group is a couple kids who catfish another guy from their school as a joke.

I give this movie a solid 8/10. Even though catfishing has been explored by the film industry before, Disconnect still makes it unique, engaging, and emotional. Webcam guys isn't something I've seen any movie or show bring up, so this also adds to the uniqueness. Without bringing up spoilers, the whole movie overall is very interesting and is a great watch for people interested in shows based around the effects of the internet's proliferation.

I last saw Frozen, and loved it!
Pacifist Since 3/12/14
Wheezy
Zhonginator
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2014 5:21:03 AM
Captain America 2 the winter soldier. pretty good. Also saw the amazing spiderman 2. great movie. i broke my hand. :(
BblackkBbirdd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2014 2:36:41 PM
Yesterday I saw a movie staring Arnold Schwarzenegger called 'Sixth Day'. The film focuses on Cloning as it's main theme and stars Arnie as a family man in a future world were human cloning is possible, but illegal due to the 'Six Day Law'.
It was entertaining, but had a few plot holes.

My favourite piece of dialogue in the movie is when Arnie is going to get his dead dog cloned and has the following conversion with some anti-cloning protesters:

Extremist-Christian1: "Save your soul, God doesn't want you to go in there"
Arnie: "Then God shouldn't have killed my dog."
Extremist-Christian2: "ATHEIST!"
(me: hahahaha )
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2014 9:51:03 AM
Watched the new Robocop yesterday.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
princecharming555
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2014 1:44:14 AM
Do you really know that what movies i have seen recently, then i should tell you that i have seen two movies recently :

1. Hum Aapke Hain Kaun - It is a very romantic movie of Salman Khan and Madhuri Dixit. All its characters are very kind and nice persons in this Movie. I love to watch this fabulous Movie all the time.

2. Chaar Sahibzaade - It is a religious movie about Sikh religion. Its main characters are Dhan Dhan Guru Gobind Singh Ji, Sahibzaada Ajit Singh Ji, Sahibzaada Jujhar Singh Ji, Sahibzaada Zorawar Singh Ji, Sahibzaada Fateh Singh Ji and Mata Gujri Ji. It is such a very nice and lovely pic to watch all the humanity.