Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2014 8:39:26 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
*WARNING, SPOILERS BELOW*

the trailers made me feel so excited and in the end this movie was a let down

Story is pretty mundane, with characters not developed at all and the pacing is so slow I badly wanted to sleep through the movie but didn't to not waste my money.

in the end, i still did.

Look at the trailer, then remember the movie. Now can u tell me that the movie met it's expectations completely? The trailer made it seem so thrilling, so exciting and the posters made Godzilla look so big. Like the buildings were children's playblocks.

Then when they showed him fighting the MUTOs in the end scenes, he is only as tall or shorter than the buildings around him. I mean cmon! Why mislead people about his true size?

There were not many death scenes or violent scenes in this movie as well. The whole tone of the movie is ruined because of that. With not many people seen getting hurt, the MUTOs look so unmenacing and their glowing eyes make them look unrealistic.

I have to note tho, that Bryan Cranston's performance is the only one that's outstanding. If only they kept him alive longer, the movie wouldn't have been so full of uninteresting characters.

Again, the story is mundane, predictable and slow. I knew Godzilla was going to survive because he was never even injured by the MUTOs. There was not one scratch on him. And in the scene where he looks like he's dead, I honestly thought he was taking a nap. That's how easy the fight was for Godzilla and that's why it was so very boring.

The tone at the start of the movie, which was mysterious and thrilling, was ruined once scenes of Godzilla fighting a MUTO started. The screen was so dark with Godzilla's black a$$ that I could hardly tell what was going on and which character I was supposed to worry and care about. Let alone, which character I was supposed to root for since the main character's motivations were not shown clearly enough.

And yet so many think this movie is brilliant. Which is why I want to have a debate about that here.
New episode of OUTSIDERS: http://www.debate.org...
Episode 4 - They walk among us
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2014 8:48:27 AM
At 5/21/2014 8:39:26 AM, Adam_Godzilla wrote:

Story is pretty mundane, with characters not developed at all and the pacing is so slow I badly wanted to sleep through the movie but didn't to not waste my money.

in the end, i still did.

Look at the trailer, then remember the movie. Now can u tell me that the movie met it's expectations completely? The trailer made it seem so thrilling, so exciting and the posters made Godzilla look so big. Like the buildings were children's playblocks.

Then when they showed him fighting the MUTOs in the end scenes, he is only as tall or shorter than the buildings around him. I mean cmon! Why mislead people about his true size?

They probably wanted to go with a realistic size

There were not many death scenes or violent scenes in this movie as well. The whole tone of the movie is ruined because of that. With not many people seen getting hurt, the MUTOs look so unmenacing and their glowing eyes make them look unrealistic.

Godzilla isn't supposed to violent

I have to note tho, that Bryan Cranston's performance is the only one that's outstanding. If only they kept him alive longer, the movie wouldn't have been so full of uninteresting characters.

Again, the story is mundane, predictable and slow. I knew Godzilla was going to survive because he was never even injured by the MUTOs. There was not one scratch on him. And in the scene where he looks like he's dead, I honestly thought he was taking a nap. That's how easy the fight was for Godzilla and that's why it was so very boring.

Well of course it was boring the only good godzilla movies have another monster

The tone at the start of the movie, which was mysterious and thrilling, was ruined once scenes of Godzilla fighting a MUTO started. The screen was so dark with Godzilla's black a$$ that I could hardly tell what was going on and which character I was supposed to worry and care about. Let alone, which character I was supposed to root for since the main character's motivations were not shown clearly enough.

Godzilla's MASSIVE he's like solar eclipse or a walking storm cloud

And yet so many think this movie is brilliant. Which is why I want to have a debate about that here.

Have you watched any of the godzilla movie other than this because it seems otherwise
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2014 9:02:54 AM
At 5/21/2014 8:48:27 AM, cybertron1998 wrote:

in the end, i still did.

Then the posters should have shown his true size too. His poster size was already in my mind and i thought he was that big.

Godzilla isn't supposed to violent.
That's why it makes it less thrilling and feel like a kid's movie. It felt like a PG movie. Not at all what the trailer made me look forward to.

This movie had other monsters too, what do you mean? MUTOs were the crab monsters he fought.

Not as massive as the posters. I even tried to draw and copy the poster for fun. So I was not impressed with his actual size. And the background was too dark to see details

Have you watched any of the godzilla movie other than this because it seems otherwise

No I haven't. In fact I actually believe they're better than this movie. More suspenseful.
My friend told me that in the original films, Godzilla always appears late in the movie, one main character always dies, and there's always a scene where Godzilla looks like he's going to lose or die and then fight again.
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2014 9:12:14 AM
At 5/21/2014 9:02:54 AM, Adam_Godzilla wrote:

in the end, i still did.

Then the posters should have shown his true size too. His poster size was already in my mind and i thought he was that big.

yet he isn't in the other movies

That's why it makes it less thrilling and feel like a kid's movie. It felt like a PG movie. Not at all what the trailer made me look forward to.

You're missing the point. Godzilla historically ISN'T violent. the movies thrilling because they aren't violent. Godzilla is giant monster classic and its valued because its action packed yet lacks violence

This movie had other monsters too, what do you mean? MUTOs were the crab monsters he fought.

One they were parasites 2 they look more like the creature from cloverfield than crabs. But interestingly enough the parasite thing was done before. look up godzilla vs megagurius

Not as massive as the posters. I even tried to draw and copy the poster for fun. So I was not impressed with his actual size. And the background was too dark to see details

once again he's like a giant block out in the sky

No I haven't. In fact I actually believe they're better than this movie. More suspenseful.
My friend told me that in the original films, Godzilla always appears late in the movie, one main character always dies, and there's always a scene where Godzilla looks like he's going to lose or die and then fight again.

I've seen almost all of the movies and more than half of them don't have those qualities
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2014 9:26:28 AM
At 5/21/2014 9:12:14 AM, cybertron1998 wrote:
At 5/21/2014 9:02:54 AM, Adam_Godzilla wrote:

in the end, i still did.

yet he isn't in the other movies

You're missing the point. Godzilla historically ISN'T violent. the movies thrilling because they aren't violent. Godzilla is giant monster classic and its valued because its action packed yet lacks violence
Sure I guess, but he's only got 30 minutes of action in a 2 hour long movie with a weak plot. That's why the movie is boring.

One they were parasites 2 they look more like the creature from cloverfield than crabs. But interestingly enough the parasite thing was done before. look up godzilla vs megagurius

once again he's like a giant block out in the sky

I've seen almost all of the movies and more than half of them don't have those qualities

Then he was lying. So he really did look up the spoilers...
Still, the movie was pretty bad even if the other movies weren't.