Jump to topic:

Game Of Thrones holy s*** moment. "Spoilers"

ararmer1919
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2014 11:55:58 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
O. M. Fing. G. Just got done watching the 8th episode of season 4, the Mountain and the Viper, and... Well honestly I'm still shaking from shock. And it's funny because I KNEW it was coming to. I haven't read the books or anything or read spoilers on the internet I just, the second the fight started I somehow knew. But... DAMNNN. I was not prepared for THAT. Has there been a more gruesome death in the series yet? And such an awesome character too. I haven't felt this way since Ned Stark lost his head. Anyway what did you all think about this last episode? Do you think that the Mountain is dead? What will happen to Tyrion? Personally, as Iv stated, Prince Oberyn's death frankly just pissed me off.

If you've read the books please don't spoil it.
Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2014 8:55:59 PM
I thought the Red wedding was done very well in the show but didn't compare to my feelings when I first read it.

I think this scene was done better in the show than in the book.

The only fault was I think the Mountain undersold his final line as he "confesses." Following up the Oberyn performance is pretty tough, especially when it has to occur directly on top of something visually gripping and disturbing, and I was a little underwhelmed by the delivery. But that thought only surfaced after re-watching the scene.

I actually watched season 1 before reading the books, and I haven't been this engaged by the show since Ned ceased to be the central character of the story.
Paradox_7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2014 2:15:46 AM
dude...

I just watched it right now, and immediately hopped on here to see if anyone else experience what i just did.

holy sh*t.

I actually feel a little sick. The whole time this guy is pacing around the mountain im just screaming in my head "kill him already!!". I knew something was gonna happen, but i did NOT see that coming..

Im sorry but how the mountain mustered the energy to do that after such critical blows is beyond me.. as big as he is doesn't quite cut it as an explanation.. that spear tip was atleast a foot long and he stuck it thru him twice... i was so jacked when the mountain fell, then it seemed all of my hopes we're just crushed when homie got his head squashed..

I feel like the red wedding or Ned Starks beheading all over again.. Im lost... lol
: At 10/23/2012 8:06:03 PM, tvellalott wrote:
: Don't be. The Catholic Church is ran by Darth Sidius for fvck sake. As far as I'm concerned, you're a bona fide member of the Sith.
ararmer1919
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2014 9:44:47 AM
At 6/2/2014 8:55:59 PM, Raisor wrote:
I thought the Red wedding was done very well in the show but didn't compare to my feelings when I first read it.

I thought it was done pretty well too, never read the books so can't judge that, I just don't think it ever gripped me in quite the same way as the Ned Stark execution or, this, lol.

I think this scene was done better in the show than in the book.

Definitely a really good scene.

The only fault was I think the Mountain undersold his final line as he "confesses." Following up the Oberyn performance is pretty tough, especially when it has to occur directly on top of something visually gripping and disturbing, and I was a little underwhelmed by the delivery. But that thought only surfaced after re-watching the scene.

Lol, yeah following up an Oberyn performance, especially one that good, must be really tough. I'm not sure how they could have done it differently. Still. The scene we got was pretty on par with excellent in my opinion. Funny thing, it wasn't the eye gouging or the head smashing that got to me. Sure it was horrific, but that wasn't the thing that messed with me so much. It was Oberyn's scream. He was such a strong and powerful character and to see him, in a split second, reduced to this weak, defenseless and hopelessly soon to be dead man was extremely hard hitting. In my opinion.

I actually watched season 1 before reading the books, and I haven't been this engaged by the show since Ned ceased to be the central character of the story.
ararmer1919
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2014 9:57:47 AM
At 6/3/2014 2:15:46 AM, Paradox_7 wrote:
dude...

I just watched it right now, and immediately hopped on here to see if anyone else experience what i just did.

holy sh*t.

I actually feel a little sick. The whole time this guy is pacing around the mountain im just screaming in my head "kill him already!!". I knew something was gonna happen, but i did NOT see that coming..

Dude, right?!?

Im sorry but how the mountain mustered the energy to do that after such critical blows is beyond me.. as big as he is doesn't quite cut it as an explanation.. that spear tip was atleast a foot long and he stuck it thru him twice... i was so jacked when the mountain fell, then it seemed all of my hopes we're just crushed when homie got his head squashed..

Moral of the story. Never. Ever. Monologue. If you have your opponent beat. Just kill him for gods sake. I knew. The second he said "You're dying? No no no, you can't die yet" I was like. Yup. You just f***ed yourself. Snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. And he was only with us for such a short time :(

I feel like the red wedding or Ned Starks beheading all over again.. Im lost... lol

I just hope that the mountain is dead. It looked like he died as he rolled over but with the way the show is I'm sure he will make a full recovery.
Defro
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2014 9:12:59 AM
I think he planned to die. Well, not "planned" but he was prepared to die. He is a smart guy. He knows how dangerous the mountain is, and he knows that despite how good he is at fighting, one wrong move will mean his death. If he won, Tyrion will live, and if he lost, that would give his people in Dorne a legitimate reason to be angry at the Lannisters and go to war in attempt to overthrow them. Hell, Dorne would be upset even if he won because they let him fight. Hell, Dorne was pretty upset at the Lannisters anyway because of what was done to Elia, but there was no proof that the Mountain raped and killed her and her children. Thus, his death was not in vain and in fact, he won, because either way, it went his way and in the end The Mountain confessed.

Also, it was hinted at the beginning of Oberyn's appearance that he is some aort of poison. At the fight, there was a boy who handed the spears to Oberyn, and before the fight started, you could see the boy but some sort of liquid on the blade of the spear. I think it's poison, which means the Mountain has been poisoned since he has been cut by the spear. The poison will likely harm the Mountain, so Oberyn wins anyway.
ararmer1919
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2014 11:13:04 AM
At 6/4/2014 9:12:59 AM, Defro wrote:
I think he planned to die. Well, not "planned" but he was prepared to die. He is a smart guy. He knows how dangerous the mountain is, and he knows that despite how good he is at fighting, one wrong move will mean his death. If he won, Tyrion will live, and if he lost, that would give his people in Dorne a legitimate reason to be angry at the Lannisters and go to war in attempt to overthrow them. Hell, Dorne would be upset even if he won because they let him fight. Hell, Dorne was pretty upset at the Lannisters anyway because of what was done to Elia, but there was no proof that the Mountain raped and killed her and her children. Thus, his death was not in vain and in fact, he won, because either way, it went his way and in the end The Mountain confessed.

Oh I hope the people of Dorne get pissed. It's time for another kingdom to rebel. I don't think he planed to die as you said, well I'm sure he was ready to die, but differently this was not the outcome he desired even with his death possibly rallying his country men. "Today is not the day I die". He said right before the fight.

Also, it was hinted at the beginning of Oberyn's appearance that he is some aort of poison. At the fight, there was a boy who handed the spears to Oberyn, and before the fight started, you could see the boy but some sort of liquid on the blade of the spear. I think it's poison, which means the Mountain has been poisoned since he has been cut by the spear. The poison will likely harm the Mountain, so Oberyn wins anyway.

Oh wow. I just saw that after rewatching and I think your right. I mean hell, he's called the Red Viper and what are vipers famous for? He was also a very smart an so I would assume he would take certain precautions in case either he didn't find a kill spot through the mountains armour or if he failed to land a killing blow. Poison may very well be the case.