Jump to topic:

Melatonin Magik

GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2010 7:17:12 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Canibus has released another magnum opus of hip hop! Melatonin Magik.

"Lower egoic minds brush aside
But can't nullify the high science that is coming from the rhymes
I couldn't believe it the day that I was told
That every person alive does not have a soul
...My lyrics too advanced for the average block huslter
...Diversionary tactics, Magik madness
Canibus, you can' leave this miserable Prison Planet
We don't care what you're fans think
Cause 99 perscent of all of this don't exist"
-- Only Slaves D.R.E.A.M.

"Mr. Magorium's metaphor emporium
Vanglorious warriors with deep space euphoria
The Dragon of Judah executed the Lion of Narnia
...The pedagogy tried to call me a communist
And pacify my audience, sprinkle them with zombie dust
The isosceledren is a prison for a three headed demon, Hip Hop behemoth
Knowledge is needed to argue with the followers of Jesus"
-- The Dragon of Judah

This just goes to show that Canibus will remain a premium MC, no one can doubt it now.

I just called Best Buy today, and they said that it's sold out everywhere!
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2010 7:23:48 PM
Meh. This is the first time I've heard Canibus (at least while knowing it was them) and I can't say I'm too impressed.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2010 7:30:42 PM
If those don't convince you, then these will:

And even if you can't get into his voice or flow (both an acquired taste), his lyrics are undeniably the best in hip hop. Nas, Common, and KRS-One regard this guy as a legend and even superior.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2010 7:34:52 PM
*yawn*

Stan, by Eminem, is a magnum opus of hip hop.

I can't say the same for these songs by Canibus. I would have never heard of Canibus if it weren't for you, Geo, on this forum. He isn't that good, IMO.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2010 7:41:02 PM
At 2/19/2010 7:34:52 PM, Nags wrote:
*yawn*

Stan, by Eminem, is a magnum opus of hip hop.

Are you kidding me? Stan is the magnum opus? He doesn't even flow in that song. He's doing a spoken word poetry basically.

Plus, even after Canibus ripped Eminem to bits in a rap battle, Eminem still said "If you don't like Canibus, you don't like hip hop."

I can't say the same for these songs by Canibus. I would have never heard of Canibus if it weren't for you, Geo, on this forum.

And that has nothing to do with his skill. He's respected as a superior by some of the greatest MCs and legends ever.

He isn't that good, IMO.

Did you listen to the last two I posted?
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2010 7:41:10 PM
Eh, Canibus isn't bad, but I wouldn't say they're absolutely fantastic. The subject of the lyrics is interesting, though.

Also: Nags, thumbs up for Stan.
feverish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2010 7:54:29 PM
Geo, dude is really not so special. He doesn't merit a thread to himself on a debate site where nobody gives a sh!t about hip hop apart from you, me and five others.

NOT TOP 50 (not all caps).
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2010 8:11:09 PM
At 2/19/2010 7:54:29 PM, feverish wrote:
Geo, dude is really not so special. He doesn't merit a thread to himself on a debate site where nobody gives a sh!t about hip hop apart from you, me and five others.

NOT TOP 50 (not all caps).

It's the entertainment forum. Plus, look at all the dumb s*** on this particular forum. In my view, this is one of the best hip hop albums of the year, and a lot of other people are saying its gonna be LP of the year.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2010 11:43:16 AM
Faecal matter. Nothing more than that.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
feverish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2010 4:03:03 AM
At 2/20/2010 11:43:16 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

Ignorant opinion. Nothing more than that.

I was gonna apologise to Geo for my own comments on here but they don't seem so harsh compared with this lol.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2010 4:13:01 AM
At 2/22/2010 4:03:03 AM, feverish wrote:
At 2/20/2010 11:43:16 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

Ignorant opinion. Nothing more than that.

I was gonna apologise to Geo for my own comments on here but they don't seem so harsh compared with this lol.

Sorry I have taste.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
hrzn91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2012 1:39:32 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
wow, came across this through google and can't believe some of the response in this thread to a great album. keep bumping that eminem recovery though right? sigh.

anyways to the thread starter, can't always convince people of this mans greatness, they will remain in ignorance and that's the way of the world.

"lower egoic minds brush aside but can't nullify the high science that is coming from the rhymes"

one of the greatest song writers of all time being shunned by so many who clearly just don't understand him, it's a shame but more power to us for realizing what he's doing in music.