Cutthroat Kitchen on Food Network

Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2014 10:19:26 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Anyone watch this show?
It's hilarious!!

I am no foodie, but this show is fun to watch. Check it out, if you can.

4 chefs, three rounds, one eliminated each round.
Each chef is given $25,000 at the start of the show, only the winner keeps their money.

At round start, a dish (usually a "simple" dish) is announced to be made, and it is a mad dash to the market to get the necessary ingredients. They have 60 seconds. Only the ingredients selected can be used by their respective chefs.

Then, before the cooking starts, the host announces the first of three handicaps. Chefs bid their potential winnings to handicap other chefs.

The first round in tonight's episode was a carbono sandwhich.
The first handicap was to force three chefs (all but the winner) to share only one basket. In other words, 2 chefs lost their selections, and a third's were used, but all chefs had to use those items.

The second handicap was to replace all of one chef's utensils and knives with.......a cigar cutter.

The third handicap was to force one chef to cook on...... an iron vice (the kind used in a metal shop)

The next round was: stuffed peppers.

The first handicap was to replace the normal basket used for shopping with a vase like container. That player was only able to grab 4 items (that's all he could fit).

The second was to pick a chef and pulverize their peppers in a food processor.

The third handicap was to force the other two chefs out of their respective kitchens, and into this makeshift contraption. Imagine four school desks put together with the desktop facing out. Two of the desktops were hotplates, two were counter surfaces, and both were about the size of desktops. Two chefs had to move around each other where the seats would be. They can not leave.

Remember, these handicaps are auctioned to the highest bidder, so if you want to handicap your opponent, you will win less money.

Give it a watch if you can, it's hilarious.
My work here is, finally, done.
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2014 10:24:28 PM
Lol...I've watched the show. It's not bad.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics

Open Debate Topics Project:

Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2014 8:12:02 PM
At 7/28/2014 9:09:47 AM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:
IMO, it's too gimmicky and somewhat of a let down given that Alton is hosting. I expect more from him.

I think he is quite good as host, and seems to have fun doing it. It reminds me of the fun he seemed to have with Good Eats. Plus, unlike Chopped (though, they used to), Alton does have asides with the camera to explain things occasionally.

Plus, I really like the fact that everyone makes the same thing, as opposed to every other show, where they make dishes I've never heard of with ingredients I've never heard of, and each do something different.

But, like with most shows, I can't shake the feeling it is quasi-scripted.
For example, in this show, all three handicaps went to one guy in the first round - almost a sure fire loss.
However, I guess mustard is a big deal in the sandwich, and a different cook forgot it (like, to even grab it on the shopping spree), almost to ensure there is some suspense.
My work here is, finally, done.