Jump to topic:

DDO HS Fan-fic - Part One

SolonKR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2014 12:16:24 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
"Remember, this is fresh start for everyone. Get out there and form some new, healthy friendships, but don't neglect your school work. Make the most of this first year, and welcome to DDO Academy!"

The principal left the stage, returning quickly to his sullen demeanor. The beginning of school was a difficult time--not only for the students, but for Principal Pot B. Geek himself. Principal Geek knew that it was only a matter of time before the kids split up into the unchanging factions: trolls, the mafia, the religious zealots. Pot's sole mission, he felt, was to salvage as many of these poor souls as he could. This had been the situation since long before he arrived, with the government takeover of the place. Hell, the state of the high school could be a metaphor for the effectiveness of the government. Hope and change were some things the high school was lacking.

Ennie "The Rationalist" Dark, on the other hand, felt this high school was just a little bit too full of change. He left the freshman orientation perceptibly shaky, adrenaline coursing through his blood. He thought, and he thought, and he thought some more as he followed the crowd out of the main building and out into the sprawling campus.

It now struck Ennie that he had no idea where he was going. He had been following the crowd, but, during his extremely well-described introspection, the crowd became a lot smaller. Great. He'd be late for his first class. It would have been a good idea for him to have brought the map of campus that he had. He stopped for a minute to collect his bearings.

Campus was, for a high school, extremely huge. There were 19 buildings, a main building and one for each subject, from the Arts building to the Technology building. Ennie knew his first class was in the Religion building, so he stopped and listened for a moment. He heard senseless yelling and screaming from one of them, and figured that must be the place.

As he charted a course for his class, he noticed a confrontation outside the building.Some boys seemed to be arguing.

"I'm right, and because I believe it to be true, it IS true!" a boy apparently backed by a posse said.

"Give it a rest. You're not going to convince anyone. Just go on your way, and I'll forget this ever happened," the lone boy replied.

"You can't even pass a simple class on ineffectual arguing. You're below us. Don't try to boss us around. You can't draw blood; you're worthless."

The lone boy kept his composure, and walked away, to the side of the building.

Ennie didn't know what to make of this. Draw blood? What was all this about? Ennie entered the building and began to search for his class. Luckily, the first door on his right happened to have a sign advertising, "How to Ineffectively Argue 1". "This must be the place", he thought. He walked in just as the bell for class rang.

The room was surprisingly nice; it was velvet red, and the tables looked creatively splatter-painted. There were still some empty seats. He was about to sit by himself, when, all of a sudden, he spotted the most beautiful girl in existence. His mind went fuzzy. Next thing he knew, he was standing up, asking her, "is this seat taken?". Fuzziness. Now he was sitting next to her.

Maybe this new school year would be alright after all.

Wait... he was sitting at a desk by himself, and the girl was in front of him. He sighed. Imagination was a wonderful tool, but it was no substitute for reality.

"Is this seat taken?"

The boy, who Ennie remembered as the loner from the earlier confrontation he witnessed, introduced himself as XLAVier and sat down next to the girl.

Drat.

The teacher, a tall, lanky man, introduced himself as Linkish.

"First things first... I like to get this out of the way early, since it always comes up sooner or later. The reason this room looks different than any other is because it is covered in blood. More specifically, the blood of those who pass the final exam, as the objective is to be capable of inciting your opponent to violence. Most people keep their rooms clean, but I like to keep it for two reasons. One, it reminds students what a rigorous course this is."

Ennie gulped. Most of the students gulped. XLAVier just stared forward.

"Two, it makes the room look lovely, don't you think?"

End of Part One.
SO to Bailey, the love of my life <3
SolonKR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2014 12:17:43 AM
Hope you all enjoyed! If you didn't sign up but want to be in this, feel free to post in this thread or send me a PM.

Also, I didn't forget about you, Historygenius. You'll just have to wait until next chapter ;)
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2014 1:30:13 PM
I didn't know you started a fanfic. It sounds great so far! :D

[XLAVier lol.]

Keep it up! Can't wait to read more! :)

<3
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
SolonKR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2014 5:04:07 PM
At 8/25/2014 1:30:13 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

[XLAVier lol.]

<3

You signed up for it, you boob :p Thanks, though!
I AM continuing it; I've just been excessively busy with school work lately. I expect part two will be out sometime this weekend; maybe it'll come earlier if I feel really motivated.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2014 5:05:42 PM
At 9/2/2014 5:04:07 PM, SolonKR wrote:
At 8/25/2014 1:30:13 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

[XLAVier lol.]

<3

You signed up for it, you boob :p Thanks, though!
I know but a lot of people gave up on theirs. :-)

I AM continuing it;
YAY! :D
I've just been excessively busy with school work lately.
Ugh. I know how you feel.
I expect part two will be out sometime this weekend; maybe it'll come earlier if I feel really motivated.
Coolbugs! :D Can't wait for more!
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.