Jump to topic:

Death Note Ending

LogicalLunatic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2014 11:35:21 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Tonight (as of the time that I'm posting this) I finished watching every episode of the Death Note anime.
It seemed to be a pretty disappointing ending, until the last 7 or 6 minutes. Light was shot multiple times by Matsuda, and yet he managed to somehow get up and run away?
Was it perhaps that he could not die until Ryuk killed him, according to the original agreement between Light and Ryuk? In that case, had Ryuk not killed him, could he have perhaps escaped, went into hiding, and recovered from his wounds? Could he perhaps even find a way to retrieve the notebook? Do you think he would've gotten away?
Also, it portrayed Misa standing over the edge, looking like she was about to jump. Did she commit suicide? Also, considering how she has acted during the entire series, isn't it practically insane how calm she seemed to be when she knew that Light was dead? Then again, perhaps some time had passed since Light's death, or perhaps she magically knew that Light was about to die. Also, she was wearing that strange outfit that she wore on the episode where L dies and she sang that weird creepy song.
Why did Mikami slit his wrists when he released that Light was a sniveling coward? After all, since he already knew that Kira the "god" was Light the human, wouldn't he have realized ahead of time that Light probably wasn't as perfect as Mikami made him out to be? After all, Mikami was shown to be a completely rational person, aside from his worship of Kira.
And how could Ryuk be so heartless as to just strike down the human who he had been living in the same household with for six *bleep*ing years, the human who had fed him apples and had been his companion for six years...and not even hesitate to do so?
Also, if I'm right, there were three Death Notes in the hands of humans: Light's Death Note, Misa's Notebook, and Rem's Death Note, which was there upon her ashes when she died. The Shinigami who had been robbed by Ryuk took a notebook back with him to the Shinigami Realm, and Near confiscated a notebook from Mikami. There would've been one more, right?

Ultra-Analyzation Complete. Any solutions?
A True Work of Art: http://www.debate.org...

Atheist Logic: http://www.debate.org...

Bulproof formally admits to being a troll (Post 16):
http://www.debate.org...
tkubok
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2014 9:57:12 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/10/2014 11:35:21 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
Tonight (as of the time that I'm posting this) I finished watching every episode of the Death Note anime.
It seemed to be a pretty disappointing ending, until the last 7 or 6 minutes. Light was shot multiple times by Matsuda, and yet he managed to somehow get up and run away?

People do not die instantly when they are shot. Depending on where you are hit, it can take hours to die.

Was it perhaps that he could not die until Ryuk killed him, according to the original agreement between Light and Ryuk? In that case, had Ryuk not killed him, could he have perhaps escaped, went into hiding, and recovered from his wounds? Could he perhaps even find a way to retrieve the notebook? Do you think he would've gotten away?

No. The original agreement was that anyone who used the death note, would have a fate worse than death. That was it. Whether Light died an hour after writing the first name on the Death note, or whether he died at the end of a long life, it would not matter.

Also, it portrayed Misa standing over the edge, looking like she was about to jump. Did she commit suicide?

No. In the manga atleast, she is in mourning, wearing all black, and having a candle vigil for Light.

Also, considering how she has acted during the entire series, isn't it practically insane how calm she seemed to be when she knew that Light was dead? Then again, perhaps some time had passed since Light's death, or perhaps she magically knew that Light was about to die. Also, she was wearing that strange outfit that she wore on the episode where L dies and she sang that weird creepy song.
Why did Mikami slit his wrists when he released that Light was a sniveling coward? After all, since he already knew that Kira the "god" was Light the human, wouldn't he have realized ahead of time that Light probably wasn't as perfect as Mikami made him out to be? After all, Mikami was shown to be a completely rational person, aside from his worship of Kira.

Cannot answer this, as I neither remember who Mikami was, nor care enough to search.

And how could Ryuk be so heartless as to just strike down the human who he had been living in the same household with for six *bleep*ing years, the human who had fed him apples and had been his companion for six years...and not even hesitate to do so?

Ryuk is a shinigami. This was all for fun, for entertainment.

Also, if I'm right, there were three Death Notes in the hands of humans: Light's Death Note, Misa's Notebook, and Rem's Death Note, which was there upon her ashes when she died. The Shinigami who had been robbed by Ryuk took a notebook back with him to the Shinigami Realm, and Near confiscated a notebook from Mikami. There would've been one more, right?

Isnt that the one that Light had?

Ultra-Analyzation Complete. Any solutions?

I never actually watched the anime, only read the manga. And this was a long time ago. In any case, the story became stale after the original L died and they introduced the other 2 new L's, so my interest died with it.