Sherlock Holmes?

comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2010 7:20:10 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Have you guys seen it?

I bought it on blue ray and found it to be one of the best movies I have seen in a while!

I enjoyed it, thoroughly!

http://www.imdb.com...
MikeLoviN
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2010 7:28:03 PM
I was kind of disappointed that Watson survived that explosion though. I didn't want him to die but I just thought that it was pushing the boundary of realism a bit far
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2010 7:28:19 PM
At 4/2/2010 7:25:23 PM, MikeLoviN wrote:
It was a good movie. Not great, but very entertaining. I'd personally give it an 8/10

That is what I think too.
I just have not seen anything lately that I loved.

I liked the blind side, but I am a huge football fan and have met Michael Oher.
It was too predictable to be the best.
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2010 7:29:31 PM
At 4/2/2010 7:28:03 PM, MikeLoviN wrote:
I was kind of disappointed that Watson survived that explosion though. I didn't want him to die but I just thought that it was pushing the boundary of realism a bit far

I thought so also.
A part of me would have reserved a little hate if it happened, but I found it to be best if he had.
MikeLoviN
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2010 7:30:08 PM

especially since he only got a bit of shrapnel in him and didn't suffer any noticeable burns. I could probably go on but I think I'll stop here XD
It was still a good movie
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2010 7:31:45 PM
At 4/2/2010 7:30:08 PM, MikeLoviN wrote:

especially since he only got a bit of shrapnel in him and didn't suffer any noticeable burns. I could probably go on but I think I'll stop here XD
It was still a good movie

I liked that it captured a different type of mind than typical movies today.
(In Holmes, that is.)
MikeLoviN
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2010 7:33:28 PM
At 4/2/2010 7:30:11 PM, comoncents wrote:
A lot of people liked "Up in the Air"

I watched it but it was a little to slow for me.

I heard that it was actually a pretty good movie but I've yet to see it. The Blind Side was also pretty good, but mostly for the emotional content. Like you said, the story was really predictable and it didn't seem very creative at all. But I guess that was the point
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2010 7:33:39 PM
At 4/2/2010 7:32:03 PM, comoncents wrote:
At 4/2/2010 7:30:47 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
I still haven't seen Sherlock Holmes. :(

You should.

Yea, I was supposed to go see it in the theatre with my best friend, but I never got to. Oh well. I will watch it soon.
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2010 7:40:04 PM
At 4/2/2010 7:33:28 PM, MikeLoviN wrote:
At 4/2/2010 7:30:11 PM, comoncents wrote:
A lot of people liked "Up in the Air"

I watched it but it was a little to slow for me.

I heard that it was actually a pretty good movie but I've yet to see it. The Blind Side was also pretty good, but mostly for the emotional content. Like you said, the story was really predictable and it didn't seem very creative at all. But I guess that was the point

Yeah.
Still, like you said, good for emotional purposes.
i_defy_the_norm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2010 9:04:32 PM
I love Robert Downey Jr. But I honestly thought that he talked too fast sometimes.
I can't defy gravity (I'm actually quite clumsy), but I can defy the norm. Try to stand out.
ln074246
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2010 5:06:54 PM
At 4/2/2010 9:04:32 PM, i_defy_the_norm wrote:
I love Robert Downey Jr. But I honestly thought that he talked too fast sometimes.

I completely agree. I must have missed half the movie's dialogue because of the accent and his speedy talking. I hope it wasn't too important to the movie's plot...
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2010 3:57:39 PM
At 4/16/2010 5:06:54 PM, ln074246 wrote:

I completely agree. I must have missed half the movie's dialogue because of the accent and his speedy talking. I hope it wasn't too important to the movie's plot...

Hehe. Americans.

Anyway, the characterisation was good. The movie, fairly average.
theitalianstallion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2010 8:47:28 AM
Very entertaining, but the story wasn't one that pulled me in as much as I had hoped.

I'll say it's second or third best movie I've seen since the Dark Knight. District 9 and Repomen in front.
When Reach fell, I came.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2010 9:44:05 AM
I had issues with some of the "magic" that they pulled. Namely the guy burning on fire when he tried to fire his gun. For one, while one could suspect that he would not go along with blackwood, how could they assume that he would be the only one to resist, what if one of the other guys resisted (that is quite a gamble to only bet on one attempting to resist). And two, the method that they used to coat him would also leave a lot of that flamable liquid on the ground, just waiting for an accident. And three, how he didn't notice that this wasn't water that he was drentched with, either by the smell, it burning in his lungs, or at least the feel of it on his cloths and skin.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2010 10:25:37 AM
At 4/18/2010 8:47:28 AM, theitalianstallion wrote:
Very entertaining, but the story wasn't one that pulled me in as much as I had hoped.

I'll say it's second or third best movie I've seen since the Dark Knight. District 9 and Repomen in front.

Repomen had good action, and that's all it had. The fact that it is pretty much a carbon copy of one of my favorite movies made me hate it.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2010 4:50:54 PM
At 4/18/2010 9:44:05 AM, OreEle wrote:
I had issues with some of the "magic" that they pulled. Namely the guy burning on fire when he tried to fire his gun. For one, while one could suspect that he would not go along with blackwood, how could they assume that he would be the only one to resist, what if one of the other guys resisted (that is quite a gamble to only bet on one attempting to resist). And two, the method that they used to coat him would also leave a lot of that flamable liquid on the ground, just waiting for an accident. And three, how he didn't notice that this wasn't water that he was drentched with, either by the smell, it burning in his lungs, or at least the feel of it on his cloths and skin.

Evil villain cares abouts accidental deaths? Hrrrm.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2010 7:27:18 PM

Wow. Way to ruin it for me, tool :P
President of DDO