Jump to topic:

The best television comedy

thehumanistpreacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2014 3:57:53 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
The best television comedy I have seen has to be Yes Prime Minister. The quick intelligent wit of this political satire has to be the best for me personally.

Since the best television comedy is subjective and is different for everyone.

What in you opinion is the best television comedy and why?
paininthenuts
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2014 2:23:23 PM
At 10/13/2014 3:57:53 PM, thehumanistpreacher wrote:
The best television comedy I have seen has to be Yes Prime Minister. The quick intelligent wit of this political satire has to be the best for me personally.

That is surprising bearing in mind the site is predominantly American. Yes it was brilliant, and Paul Eddington is sorely missed. There have been so many, such as Faulty Towers, Only Fools and Horses, and Black Books etc etc. Although it may not be the best, and may not stand the test of time, the comedy that has made me laugh the most is the Inbetweeners.
thehumanistpreacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2014 5:26:03 PM
At 10/18/2014 2:23:23 PM, paininthenuts wrote:
At 10/13/2014 3:57:53 PM, thehumanistpreacher wrote:

That is surprising bearing in mind the site is predominantly American. Yes it was brilliant, and Paul Eddington is sorely missed. There have been so many, such as Faulty Towers, Only Fools and Horses, and Black Books etc etc. Although it may not be the best, and may not stand the test of time, the comedy that has made me laugh the most is the Inbetweeners.

I'm not sure if Yes prime minister will stand the test of time but it is an accurate representation of the gentry during the Margaret thatcher era in British politics.

I do not consider the Inbetweeners the best in quality as the jokes can be obnoxious and rather repetitive but it does have a good atmosphere and in the current British standards of comedy. The imbetweeners can be said that it does stand out as the best.
princecharming555
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2014 1:03:50 AM
If you ask me about the best Television Comedy then my answer always is Comedy Nights With Kapil. Its such a very good and interesting comedy show, and every person like this. I mean to say elders as well as children also.
Adam2isback
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2014 3:29:22 AM
"Seinfeld" hands down! A show that doesn't force you to think too much or take things too seriously
Unlike "Friends" or "The Office" (which are both racist)
haha