Jump to topic:

The 11th Doctor

Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2010 7:16:16 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
So the first episode of the new season of Doctor Who just premeired and got over in America. I will say that I approve of Matt Smith's performance of the new personality. I know that there are a few Doctor Who fans on this site (Kinesis and Logician). I was wondering if there were and more and if you saw and/or liked/disliked the premier.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2010 7:32:40 PM
At 4/17/2010 7:24:40 PM, theLwerd wrote:
What is it?

The longest running science fiction television show in history. I became a fan when the series was remastered in 2005. It is about a man from a race of aliens called Time Lords who travels through time and saves humanity from a multitude of threats and just helps individuals in general. The topic title refers to the fact that the current actor to portray The Doctor is the eleventh.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2010 7:38:12 PM
Also, if you want to check it out there's an encore of an one hour overview of the concept of the show and the season premier in 25 minutes on BBC America.

Well, 23 minutes now.
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2010 7:57:40 PM
At 4/17/2010 7:42:45 PM, Zetsubou wrote:
I hate him and his new fake grunge ginger side kick.

Why do you hate him? I know you have been able to see more than just the premier but in my opinion the conversation he had to conclude the episode solidified his validity as Tennant's replacement.
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2010 8:31:59 PM
At 4/17/2010 8:03:04 PM, theLwerd wrote:
At 4/17/2010 7:42:45 PM, Zetsubou wrote:

Compare:
11th - http://cumbriansky.wordpress.com...
10th - http://www.contactmusic.com...

They both look pretty faggy to me...

It's tradition. The Doctor has usually been quite camp. :D
Vi_Veri
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2010 9:15:53 PM
One of my ex girlfriends was one of the few who had every single episode of Dr. Who ever made. She was so obsessed that she made that huge scarf that one of the Dr. Who's had. She pulled it out of her closet one time and wrapped it around me (took a minute or two) and said "ISN'T IT CUTE?"

That was when I knew it wouldn't work out between us.
I could give a f about no haters as long as my ishes love me.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2010 9:19:01 PM
I just conducted a mass poll on DDO asking if anyone gives a sh-t about your ex-girlfriend. The answer was overwhelmingly "no." Just throwing that out there. I hope that b-tch takes her scarf and hangs herself with it :)
President of DDO
Vi_Veri
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2010 9:19:51 PM
At 4/17/2010 9:19:01 PM, theLwerd wrote:
I just conducted a mass poll on DDO asking if anyone gives a sh-t about your ex-girlfriend. The answer was overwhelmingly "no." Just throwing that out there. I hope that b-tch takes her scarf and hangs herself with it :)

It was Alli, not Jessica.
I could give a f about no haters as long as my ishes love me.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2010 9:22:22 PM
At 4/17/2010 9:19:51 PM, Vi_Veri wrote:

It was Alli, not Jessica.

I don't care. I'd run Alli over with her ugly car :P
President of DDO
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2010 6:08:17 PM
So episode 3 just started and it's about the Daleks. Hopefully the trend of top notch stories continues.
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2010 3:16:35 AM
At 5/1/2010 6:08:17 PM, Korashk wrote:
So episode 3 just started and it's about the Daleks. Hopefully the trend of top notch stories continues.

Not that great an episode. It's a setup for the final arc of the series though at a guess.

Or the crack in the wall is.

Or they both are.
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2010 4:07:59 PM
At 5/2/2010 3:16:35 AM, Puck wrote:
At 5/1/2010 6:08:17 PM, Korashk wrote:

Not that great an episode. It's a setup for the final arc of the series though at a guess.

Or the crack in the wall is.

Or they both are.

I also thought that this episode wasn't as good. It wasn't bad but it just seemed out of character for The Doctor to antagonize the Daleks into violence.

The crack in the space/time continuum that's been in every episode is definitely something important. With the preview for the Weeping Angels episode it finally introduced River Song which I kind of liked. It never occurred to me that she wouldn't know The Doctor as Tennant and that the portion of the story that involved her was intentionally left out.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2010 6:20:54 AM
At 4/17/2010 7:32:40 PM, Korashk wrote:
At 4/17/2010 7:24:40 PM, theLwerd wrote:
What is it?

The longest running science fiction television show in history. I became a fan when the series was remastered in 2005. It is about a man from a race of aliens called Time Lords who travels through time and saves humanity from a multitude of threats and just helps individuals in general.

Actually his race is Galifreyan, the Time Lords form a minority of that race and the doctor is half-human.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.