Jump to topic:

MySpace...

Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2010 10:43:49 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Hey guys - If you have a MySpace, would you mind logging in and casting a vote for a friend of mine to be on the show Glee? For those of you who are unfamiliar, Glee is a TV show about a performing arts group in HS. My friend Lauren was actually in performing arts with me in HS, and now she's responding to an open casting call but needs to acquire some votes to ensure that people actually check her out. She's totally awesome (and super cute!) and I would be so0o happy for her if she actually makes it :) As an audition, she had to sing a song from a musical accompanied by just a piano to showcase her voice. I'll post the song and if you think she's decent - or even if you don't lol - I'd appreciate you casting a vote on my behalf to help my friend out. Thanks!!!

Audition Song: http://vids.myspace.com...

Voting Link: http://www.myspace.com...

You just have to click "Give a gold star!"
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2010 11:10:20 AM
I think she just put it up a few minutes ago lol and I don't even remember my MySpace password so I can't vote yet >.< Anyway that kid is good, but with all due respect (seriously lol I really do respect that kind of talent and ambition) it's not just about being able to sing good but also being able to act and have 'the look' that the show is going for. That kid is obviously gay which clearly I have no qualms with; however, he's also a bit... chubby... and again this is for a spot to be on a TV show where usually good looks and a certain image is ideal or key. Lauren is super bubbly, sweet and very dramatic lol she thrives in situations/roles like this so I'd be willing to bet that she has a better chance than that guy even if he gets 20,000 stars (if the people from Glee come across her audition, that is). She's mad cute. And hey before that guy had 11,000 stars he had 25, right? Heh. I wish the both of them luck though :)
President of DDO
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2010 11:16:50 AM
At 4/19/2010 11:10:20 AM, theLwerd wrote:
I think she just put it up a few minutes ago lol and I don't even remember my MySpace password so I can't vote yet >.<

I think he put it up Friday or Saturday. I don't have a MS, never have, and never will.

Anyway that kid is good, but with all due respect (seriously lol I really do respect that kind of talent and ambition) it's not just about being able to sing good but also being able to act and have 'the look' that the show is going for. That kid is obviously gay which clearly I have no qualms with; however, he's also a bit... chubby... and again this is for a spot to be on a TV show where usually good looks and a certain image is ideal or key.

Indeed. Nice call on him being gay by the way. He's one of only about four or five black kids in our school and he is one of the only two or three known gays. He is a bit chubby, but he also very energetic and friendly. He's very nice and would be perfect for reality TV, or so I hear.

Lauren is super bubbly, sweet and very dramatic lol she thrives in situations/roles like this so I'd be willing to bet that she has a better chance than that guy even if he gets 20,000 stars (if the people from Glee come across her audition, that is). She's mad cute. And hey before that guy had 11,000 stars he had 25, right? Heh. I wish the both of them luck though :)

Eh, she's not mad cute. She's okay, but I'm sure some makeup from professionals would make her look amazing. It would be cool if the kid who goes to my school makes it, but hopefully both of them do.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2010 11:36:56 AM
Random: According to the census, there is a total of 4 black people in the town where my family lives now lol so I'm betting 0 attend school with my siblings. I went to a private school in NY and we had 3 black kids in my class. One, a girl, was kicked out for bringing a knife ( ... lol) and the other 2 were there on athletic scholarship ( ... lol). Anyway, we only had 1 "known" gay but after I graduated I ran into like 6 of my classmates at a gay club one night. It was amusing/awkward. One girl who was relatively feminine wound up cutting off all her hair and now goes by Nic rather than Nicole. So the thing about HS is - ya just never know. Anyhow, yea, that kid seems really bubbly and there's no doubt he would be good for the show. But usually on TV, they have "token black characters" or "token gay characters" so he'll probably only make it if they're looking for a token black guy. It's sad but true. It's hard to write them into story lines, I guess.
President of DDO
lastrequest691
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2010 9:12:09 AM
My new Myspace Account could be lucky for you.

Done!
"That song was absolutely waste of talent; you sounded like a wounded animal and who told you to play the guitar by yourself." Simon Cowell