Total Posts:7|Showing Posts:1-7
Jump to topic:

White people and rap music

tabularasa
Posts: 200
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2014 4:24:03 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Question: Does anyone know where I find stats on how many white americans listen to rap music? Thanks in advance. Please no smart alec replies, just asking a question.
1. I already googled it.

2. Give me an argument. Spell it out. "You're wrong," is not an argument.
tabularasa
Posts: 200
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2014 11:04:02 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/29/2014 4:30:54 AM, tvellalott wrote:
Google is your friend: http://www.ask.com...

Thank you for response, but link does not answer question. I should have noted that I already tried a simple google search and read the linked site that you provided. I am looking for someone who might know more than what I can find on google.
1. I already googled it.

2. Give me an argument. Spell it out. "You're wrong," is not an argument.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2014 12:08:23 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/28/2014 4:24:03 PM, tabularasa wrote:
Question: Does anyone know where I find stats on how many white americans listen to rap music? Thanks in advance. Please no smart alec replies, just asking a question.

There's no valid answer to the question. Some news sites pumped out a 70-80% figure a while ago but it turned out to be bs. Honestly I can't see someone finding a coherent figure.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2014 4:38:54 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Well if statistics provided by the Recording Industry Association of America don't do it for you, then I can't help you.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
Zaradi
Posts: 14,125
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2014 4:46:39 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/29/2014 4:30:54 AM, tvellalott wrote:
Google is your friend: http://www.ask.com...

I actually think this figure is really misleading to begin with, especially the $900 million part and the 35 and older being the biggest purchasers. It ignores the reality that a lot of younger generation listeners (I say "younger" generation when I'm a part of that generation, lol) obtain their music through other means than purchasing it (legal or illegal).

If you include the stats from people who listened to it over sites like pandora or spotify and the music that was illegally torrented (if that's even possible), the figure would be much higher.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2014 5:17:33 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/30/2014 4:46:39 AM, Zaradi wrote:
At 10/29/2014 4:30:54 AM, tvellalott wrote:
Google is your friend: http://www.ask.com...

I actually think this figure is really misleading to begin with, especially the $900 million part and the 35 and older being the biggest purchasers. It ignores the reality that a lot of younger generation listeners (I say "younger" generation when I'm a part of that generation, lol) obtain their music through other means than purchasing it (legal or illegal).

If you include the stats from people who listened to it over sites like pandora or spotify and the music that was illegally torrented (if that's even possible), the figure would be much higher.

No statistic is going to be perfect, especially one like this and I totally agree. What defines 'listens to'? That's a bit arbitrary. My point was that it's really a "go and google it" type of question.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...