Jump to topic:

Ramblings 08

ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2014 4:09:17 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Since Rev posted his, I'll post mine... finally.
No, I'm not leaving because of anyone. My exams are coming up, and though I love you all, school is a priority, and you're distracting as Hell.

-=0=-

Reader patted Marie"s back softly. This was all her fault... If she"d only told someone before, perhaps"
Marie rubbed her face with her palms and stood, "He"ll be back, " she paused for a moment, "And if he isn"t, God knows what"s best." Reader bit her lip.

-=0=-

It had been two weeks since Reader went to the hospital, and coincidentally, Truth went missing around the same time, missing his appointment with Marie that day. Guilt-stricken, Reader spent every hour she could with Marie, when she wasn"t investigating what was going on. Today, Marie came to visit her for them to make cookies.
Knock knock.

"Anti, mija, you expecting company?" Marie called as she walked to the door.
"Not that I remember of," Reader tugged at her memory strings, "Probably a passer-by smelling our treats. Check for me love!" Out of everyone in DDO, Reader could trust Marie, so she showed her how to operate certain systems in the house. Marie called out, "Detective Bugsy"s here, Anti !" Reader"s eyebrows shot up. She hadn"t seen Bugsy in a long time" years ago, when Bench died.

As Marie returned to the room to check on the cookies, Reader unlocked the door to let him in. "Hello Detective, long time no see," she began.

"Indeed," Bugsy began, "But that"s not why I"m here." Reader"s eyebrows furrowed a little. "I"ve come to enquire about the disappearance of Truth."

"Oh," Reader paused, not unnoticed by the Detective, knowing Marie was inside, "Come right in," Reader opened the door wider. "Let"s go to my office," she started down the hallway.

As she was passing the kitchen, Marie called her out, "Cookies"re finished!" Bugsy then understood, and nodded to her. Reader replied, "I"m going to the office with Denny here for a while. We"ll be right back."

-=0=-

In the office, they sat on the couch in the corner of the room. "I just have a few questions for you," Detective Bugsy pulled out a notepad and pen. Reader nodded.

"When was the last time you saw Truth?"

"Work, about two or three weeks ago- I had seen him the Wednesday before he vanished, but I spoke to him via cell phone leading up to his disappearance." Reader replied.

"Do you have any idea who might"ve done this? Any enemies he had?"

She hesitated" Should she? But there was no way to be completely certain"

-=0=-
About 2 years prior

"Can I trust you Anti?" Dark held her hands in his, looking into her teary eyes. "Do you trust me?"

Through choked sobs, with her shoulders racking, she put her head on his chest and he hugged her to him, "I trust you with all my heart Dark," she sobbed out. But-

"I know," he kissed her forehead, smiling. "You"re doing a good thing here Anti. I know he"s innocent. I was with him the entire night. He may be a bit imbalanced, but there"s no way that Rational assassinated Bench. It"s a conspiracy of other authoritative forces, and I am going to put an end to it. Sorry- we. Because you"re so brilliant, that you figured it all out. I trust you."

She sobbed harder" Every night since then, she"d sobbed harder and harder and harder.

A few weeks after

"You told," Darkened stated, his voice and body weak, void of emotion. He stared her down, his eyes wide, but empty.

"I"m sorry! I-" Reader began walking towards him, but he stepped back and held his hands up.

"Don"t talk to me ever again. I trusted you Anti! Hell, I even think I- I even know I loved you!" He shook his head in shock and disdain for her.

"Darkened! You don"t understand! Don"t you trust me?"

**"I don"t know Anti. I don't know."**

-=0=-

I don"t know"" she echoed to Bugsy, shaking her head to clear out the memories and focus.

Bugsy nodded, scribbling in his notebook. "What were your whereabouts on each evening"

"On the Friday night, I was at home, babysitting Sevanii. Saturday, I spent the day in the hospital with Prof. Sunday I babysat again. Monday I had a meeting with SkyMax-"

Bugsy"s head went up, "About what?"

Reader emotionlessly replied, smiling emptily, "Nothing too important ."

"How do you feel that Truth left all his belongings and possessions to you, and not his fiance?"

Reader"s head cocked to the side, her eyes widened and jaw dropped, "W-what?"

"The very night that Truth missed his date with Marie, he sent in a Will and Testament, stating that all land, propert, posessions, even the business etc," goes to you. What the"

"I didn"t know that. There must be some mistake" I mean, he regarded me as a sister, and he"s offered me to take over the managerial position before, but that was before Marie. Everything should"ve gone to her""

"Not only that, as you mentioned, but I find it convenient that you not mention the day his Will was changed."

"Do you know of the time?" Reader asked, and Bugsy went through his notepad,

"Around nine PM."

"Something"s wrong here"" She deliberated.

"Do you have anyone who can confirm your alibi?"

"Uhh" no. I was on the phone with Roma for a while, and then went to the hospital. Bsh, YYW, Marie, Prof and Roma can confirm that."

"Okay good," As Bugsy wrote in his notepad, the gears in Reader"s head turned"

"Reader!" He exclaimed to get her attention. She looked up.

"I know you"re very witty and sly- if you had done this, it wouldn"t be this sloppy. I think someone is trying to frame you. You need to be careful. Don"t go anywhere by yourself, and call me if you"re scared or anything, okay?"

"Okay." She walked them outside, her mind racing. She needed to speak with Boss. Now"

As she closed the front door, she turned to see Marie, walking out the kitchen door, phone clutched in her hand, her eyes listless, her mouth open a little, her spirit visibly shattered and broken.

"Ma? Is something wrong?" Reader snapped out of her daze and walked slowly to Marie. Marie looked up at her slowly, and Reader noted her glassy eyes. With a sniffle, and sombre, melancholy smile, she stated, "Found hi-" and then burst into tears. Reader ran to her, hugging her head to her chest, and Ma cried. Then suddenly, her head shot up, and she wiped her face.

"What God wills, is what shall be done. He knows what is best," Marie resolved, then turned to grab her bag, "I"m going to head off."

Reader blocked her way, "Marie, you"re in no condi-"

"With all due respect Anti, I know what I"m doing. There are others out there with worse situations than me. I can"t be selfish." She held her head high and went to move past Reader.

Grabbing her hand, Reader thought for a moment, then sighed. "You"re right. Let me pack the cookies for you. We can drop them off at the orphanage."

Marie smiled softly, "I"d love that Anti, but do you mind if I drop it off alone. It"ll still be from us both. I just" need to distance myself from everyone a little right now."

Reader looked at Marie, and saw through her resolve, to her battered heart. Reader"s own lip began to tremble in sadness and pity for them all, and in guilt. She nodded, and went to get the boxes.

As she left the room, Marie looked into the mirror in the hallway, and stopped smiling. She shook her head sadly in the mirror and said softly, to the mic in the frame, "How will I ever find anyone else but him?"

Taking the boxes gratefully from Anti, she tried to muster up her most convincing, encouraging smile, and headed off into the world, armed with a box of cookies.

Cookies" so delicious"

-=0=-

**- The syntax for this sentence is correct.Q95;
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2014 10:40:29 AM
T_________________________T

Come back...pls...

...or I'm going to make you "missing" from Warped... ;D
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2014 3:58:39 AM
At 11/7/2014 12:56:00 AM, Adam_Godzilla wrote:
Love this! Brilliant as always!

ty :)
Solonkr~

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2014 5:24:02 AM
At 11/7/2014 3:58:39 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

I read your sig and lol'd so hard
New episode of OUTSIDERS: http://www.debate.org...
Episode 4 - They walk among us
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2014 5:29:22 PM
At 11/7/2014 5:24:02 AM, Adam_Godzilla wrote:
At 11/7/2014 3:58:39 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

I read your sig and lol'd so hard

Thank you. :)
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2014 5:30:00 PM
At 11/7/2014 8:18:09 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
Bugsy as a detective is just too cute. Loved it!

*thinks of killing one of you off*
*bites lip in indecisiveness*
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

9spaceking
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2014 7:53:06 PM
hmmm....so....The "Boss"--RM--Gave cookies to...Truth? Dark?
Equestrian election
http://www.debate.org...

This House would impose democracy

Reign of Terror is unjustified

Raise min. wage to $10.10