Total Posts:10|Showing Posts:1-10
Jump to topic:

Lorde

bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2014 2:44:47 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Thoughts on Lorde? Her songs have great messages, but her voice--while unique--seems to be lacking. It's textural, but lacks range, and becomes monotonous after listening to it for awhile (no vocal variety). What do you think of her?
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2014 2:51:43 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I mean, I really like her, but I can only listen to her for so long before it's irritating.

I love White Teeth Teens, Bravado, Royal, and Team. I think Buzzcut Season, Ribs, and Swingin' Party are all really impactful, well-written songs. Glory and Gore is also well done, as are Love Club and A World Alone. The quality of each of her songs is amazingly high.

I pretty much love her discography with three exceptions: Still Sane, 400 Lux, and Everybody Wants to Rule the Word.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
ESocialBookworm
Posts: 14,355
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2014 2:07:57 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/9/2014 2:51:43 AM, bsh1 wrote:
I mean, I really like her, but I can only listen to her for so long before it's irritating.

I love White Teeth Teens, Bravado, Royal, and Team. I think Buzzcut Season, Ribs, and Swingin' Party are all really impactful, well-written songs. Glory and Gore is also well done, as are Love Club and A World Alone. The quality of each of her songs is amazingly high.

I pretty much love her discography with three exceptions: Still Sane, 400 Lux, and Everybody Wants to Rule the Word.

I love all her music, but after a few months, it gets too repetitive- not her fault- but radio stations. I prefer Sia though.
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2014 2:40:32 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/9/2014 2:07:57 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

I love all her music, but after a few months, it gets too repetitive- not her fault- but radio stations. I prefer Sia though.

Sia's range and ability to emote is incredible, but her diction absolutely sucks.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
ESocialBookworm
Posts: 14,355
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2014 2:57:07 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/9/2014 2:40:32 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 11/9/2014 2:07:57 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

I love all her music, but after a few months, it gets too repetitive- not her fault- but radio stations. I prefer Sia though.

Sia's range and ability to emote is incredible, but her diction absolutely sucks.

I think that's what makes her so uniquely awesome...
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2014 3:35:14 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/9/2014 2:57:07 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 11/9/2014 2:40:32 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 11/9/2014 2:07:57 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

I love all her music, but after a few months, it gets too repetitive- not her fault- but radio stations. I prefer Sia though.

Sia's range and ability to emote is incredible, but her diction absolutely sucks.

I think that's what makes her so uniquely awesome...

She's really good, but others are better.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2014 3:59:22 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
First of all, 400lux is awesome and you should feel bad for sayng that. Second, ditch Lorde and pick up some FKA Twigs. Way better.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2014 5:13:33 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/9/2014 3:59:22 PM, socialpinko wrote:
First of all, 400lux is awesome and you should feel bad for sayng that. Second, ditch Lorde and pick up some FKA Twigs. Way better.

400 Lux just irks me...IDK why.

FKA Twigs?
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2014 5:26:38 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/9/2014 5:13:33 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 11/9/2014 3:59:22 PM, socialpinko wrote:
First of all, 400lux is awesome and you should feel bad for sayng that. Second, ditch Lorde and pick up some FKA Twigs. Way better.

400 Lux just irks me...IDK why.

FKA Twigs?

Look her up on YouTube or spotify. She's da bomb
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.