Jump to topic:

In search of new anime

000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2014 4:25:49 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
With the manga officially over, naruto has only so many years left, and korra is in it's last season - I need something to fill the void. What's a good anime that's relatively new (w/in max 2 years), has a creative main plot, and respectable combat scenes (using naruto as an example of respectable combat, and dragon ball Z as unrespectable combat)?
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2014 5:01:56 PM
At 11/9/2014 4:25:49 PM, 000ike wrote:
With the manga officially over, naruto has only so many years left, and korra is in it's last season - I need something to fill the void. What's a good anime that's relatively new (w/in max 2 years), has a creative main plot, and respectable combat scenes (using naruto as an example of respectable combat, and dragon ball Z as unrespectable combat)?

Attack on Titan http://www.imdb.com...
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2014 10:37:31 PM
At 11/9/2014 5:01:56 PM, phantom wrote:

read the manga instead. Also, Naruto will have a new version coming out in Spring.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2014 1:12:21 AM
At 11/16/2014 10:37:31 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

read the manga instead. Also, Naruto will have a new version coming out in Spring.

I'm planning to read it sometime. However, the anime is one of the best series I've seen (anime or otherwise), so I probably wouldn't endorse not watching the anime for the manga.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
Geographia
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2014 2:43:56 PM
At 11/17/2014 1:12:21 AM, phantom wrote:
At 11/16/2014 10:37:31 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

I'm planning to read it sometime. However, the anime is one of the best series I've seen (anime or otherwise), so I probably wouldn't endorse not watching the anime for the manga.

Araki raped some parts. He is going to have a fvcking field day on chapter 50.

Watch the Anime, but Read the manga.
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2014 2:56:38 PM

It's almost 20 years old, but I recommend Neon Genesis Evangelion. I haven't seen it, but I'm recommending it anyway.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
carriead20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2014 2:24:49 PM
Sword Art Online

Fairy Tail
(Ongoing right now) Terra Formars.
To all the people fighting a hard battle out there - life's giving you a pretty hard beating. There's no sugarcoating that, but there's no shadow that's free of light. When life sneers at you and asks, "Ready to go again?" - Raise your hand. Reach out to victory. Don't give in.

---Help Bsh and YYW see each other---
http://www.gofundme.com...
miraculous
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2014 6:15:11 PM
Try Hunter x Hunter. I cannot stress how masterful yet underappreciated this anime is. Really, I can't comprehend why it hasn't topped the Big 3 yet.
If I went back in time and murdered my grandmother, therefor preventing my existence, then who killed my grandmother?
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 2:04:47 AM
Posted: 1 year ago

FANTASTIC suggestion! Holy crap, I just binge-watched episodes 16 to 25, and now the season's over. This is one of the best animes I've ever watched. I don't know what I was thinking dismissing it in the beginning because the plot seemed too hopeless and grotesque. Such brilliant production, animation, and music - some of the most epic openings I've ever seen.

When does the next season come out?
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 8:04:03 PM
At 12/7/2014 2:04:47 AM, 000ike wrote:

FANTASTIC suggestion! Holy crap, I just binge-watched episodes 16 to 25, and now the season's over. This is one of the best animes I've ever watched.

It's definitely my favorite anime but I'm by no means an avid anime fan (yet at least).

I don't know what I was thinking dismissing it in the beginning because the plot seemed too hopeless and grotesque.

The melodrama is a bit over the top sometimes.

Such brilliant production, animation, and music - some of the most epic openings I've ever seen.

Agreed.

Apparently early next year (my reaction: http://i.kinja-img.com...), which surprised me since I thought it was going to be a while.
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2014 12:49:00 PM
At 12/7/2014 8:04:03 PM, phantom wrote:
At 12/7/2014 2:04:47 AM, 000ike wrote:

FANTASTIC suggestion! Holy crap, I just binge-watched episodes 16 to 25, and now the season's over. This is one of the best animes I've ever watched.

It's definitely my favorite anime but I'm by no means an avid anime fan (yet at least).

I don't know what I was thinking dismissing it in the beginning because the plot seemed too hopeless and grotesque.

The melodrama is a bit over the top sometimes.

Such brilliant production, animation, and music - some of the most epic openings I've ever seen.

Agreed.

Apparently early next year (my reaction: http://i.kinja-img.com...), which surprised me since I thought it was going to be a while.

awesome, I hope it's before May. Though, the first season just had too many unanswered questions and I couldn't concentrate on ANYTHING for the past couple of days because of it lol, so I just spoiled most of season 2 for myself through the manga, but not all of it.
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2014 12:51:33 PM

You ever try Kuroshitsuji?
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Benedictus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2014 8:20:48 AM
Off the top of my head:

Ghost in the Shell
Fate series
Code Geass
Gintama
Fullmetal Alchemist (both versions)
No Game No Life
Magi
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2014 12:10:21 PM
At 12/17/2014 8:20:48 AM, Benedictus wrote:
Off the top of my head:

Ghost in the Shell
Fate series
Code Geass
Gintama
Fullmetal Alchemist (both versions)
No Game No Life
Magi

"New" meaning animes that are not over and not more than 2 years old.