Call of Duty 7 - Black Ops

I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2010 12:26:04 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
http://www.joystiq.com...

The game is set in the Cold War, in 'Nam and Cuba and such. I'm guessing it will be around '62 seeing as the Vietnam War and Bay of Pigs\Missile Crisis coincides then.

Are people getting this? I've head people say they won't because WAW sucked, and will be made by the same guys [Note, every odd numbered game is made by Treyarch, every even number by Infinity Ward]

I probably will, but after the previews and maybe some reviews.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2010 12:31:35 PM
At 5/6/2010 12:28:06 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
I liked WAW actually, but Modern Warfare is still better.

Yeah, I just wonder how much of MW2 Treyarch will copy

Sidenote: Xbox or PS3?
theitalianstallion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2010 1:04:02 PM
Can't really say much after watching the teaser, but it does look like there will be some vehicle play; whether that's in campaign or multiplayer, idk. Either way, it's something MW is missing.
When Reach fell, I came.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2010 1:07:24 PM
At 5/6/2010 1:04:02 PM, theitalianstallion wrote:

Can't really say much after watching the teaser, but it does look like there will be some vehicle play; whether that's in campaign or multiplayer, idk. Either way, it's something MW is missing.

Looks like Helicopter play (Probably AC-130 60 style) and boat riding (Way to steal off MW2 -_-)

If there's actually vehicles like ones with MG's on the back in Multi-player - Yes.

If there's Tanks without destructible environment in multi-player - No. It just defeat the purpose.
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2010 1:25:10 PM
i'll probably get it for ps3. i never actually play campaign though. did any of you get the new maps that are out for the old one?
signature
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2010 1:33:36 PM
At 5/6/2010 12:31:35 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 5/6/2010 12:28:06 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
I liked WAW actually, but Modern Warfare is still better.

Yeah, I just wonder how much of MW2 Treyarch will copy

Sidenote: Xbox or PS3?

Neither. I have it on computer, MW that is. I haven't played MW2 yet although my friend has it on Xbox.
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2010 1:35:47 PM
I thought WAW was pretty good, so I'll be playing Black Ops as well.

However, I'm getting slightly disappointed with any CoD games. I was really enamoured with Bad Company, both one and two, but two especially.
TheSkeptic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2010 1:52:27 PM
Xbox for me.

And Treyarch excels over IW with their community support - MW2 has so many imbalanced problems that it forces many people to play WAW and COD4 again, with good reason. If anyone has played MW2 for awhile they would know that the noobtubes, commando, boosters, etc. are quite nerve-racking.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2010 1:59:10 PM
At 5/6/2010 1:52:27 PM, TheSkeptic wrote:
Xbox for me.

And Treyarch excels over IW with their community support - MW2 has so many imbalanced problems that it forces many people to play WAW and COD4 again, with good reason. If anyone has played MW2 for awhile they would know that the noobtubes, commando, boosters, etc. are quite nerve-racking.

Hahaha. "noobtubes". Those things make me angry, especially when I get shot at with them in multiplayer, argh! Luckily most servers don't even allow them.
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2010 1:59:11 PM
Xbox for me.

i have to disagree. i've got around 60 hours up on it and that's gonna keep rising. i just can't wait to play the new maps.
signature
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2010 2:01:28 PM
At 5/6/2010 1:59:10 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
Xbox for me.

Hahaha. "noobtubes". Those things make me angry, especially when I get shot at with them in multiplayer, argh! Luckily most servers don't even allow them.

does the old modern warfare let you choose your servers on the computer. the new one doesn't. i must admit i hate noob tubes but i'm a bit of a pro so they wouldn't bother me as much as they do most.
signature
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2010 2:04:23 PM
At 5/6/2010 2:01:28 PM, badger wrote:
At 5/6/2010 1:59:10 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
Xbox for me.

does the old modern warfare let you choose your servers on the computer. the new one doesn't. i must admit i hate noob tubes but i'm a bit of a pro so they wouldn't bother me as much as they do most.

Yes, MW does allow you to choose different servers. Oh, and I'm no pro. I generally suck, but I'm getting better...slowly...
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2010 2:06:34 PM
Xbox for me.

Noobtubes is a term used by people who are butthurt when someone else has 'wasted' a weapon attachment on a grenade launcher, and that person seeing it as a waste, chooses something else that's 'cool', only to die 10 times due to the resourceful grenade launcher.

They then go online and complain about n00btubes.
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2010 2:12:09 PM
At 5/6/2010 2:06:34 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
Xbox for me.

Noobtubes is a term used by people who are butthurt when someone else has 'wasted' a weapon attachment on a grenade launcher, and that person seeing it as a waste, chooses something else that's 'cool', only to die 10 times due to the resourceful grenade launcher.

they do take a bit from the game though. killing someone with a grenade launcher isn't as satisfying as it is with normal guns and most people don't use them because of this, but then you've got people who can't play to save their lives using them all the time and it really does get frustrating when you're on a sick killstreak and some noob kills you with a grenade launcher without having his cross hairs anywhere near you.
signature
DontBeRacist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2010 3:26:50 PM
At 5/6/2010 2:06:34 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
Xbox for me.

When someone is using OMA Pro with Danger close and a Grenade launcher.. It's a noobtube. When I use it.. It's a ProPipe.
DontBeRacist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2010 3:28:13 PM
At 5/6/2010 2:13:00 PM, badger wrote:
what are you're favourite personalised classes?
Marathon Pro, Stopping Power, Ninja Pro. Semtex. Stun grenades (the animation is quicker.) Ump45 with a silencer.
lastrequest691
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2010 8:40:10 PM
I would love to play that game. It is not released here yet.
Its sad that it is only going to released in PS 3.
"That song was absolutely waste of talent; you sounded like a wounded animal and who told you to play the guitar by yourself." Simon Cowell
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2010 1:49:48 AM
At 5/6/2010 8:40:10 PM, lastrequest691 wrote:

Black Ops isn't out anywhere yet. It comes out in november I believe.
lastrequest691
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2010 8:43:47 PM
At 5/7/2010 1:49:48 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 5/6/2010 8:40:10 PM, lastrequest691 wrote:

Black Ops isn't out anywhere yet. It comes out in november I believe.

Thank God
"That song was absolutely waste of talent; you sounded like a wounded animal and who told you to play the guitar by yourself." Simon Cowell
Veridas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2010 4:27:13 PM
Probably won't buy it if it's gonna be Treyarch, personally I'm wondering if the cliffhanger ending of MW2 is going to be resolved at any point, or more specifically, if it'll be done so with any proficiency considering the recent firings at CoD HQ.
What fresh dickery is the internet up to today?
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2010 11:43:01 AM
At 5/20/2010 4:27:13 PM, Veridas wrote:
Probably won't buy it if it's gonna be Treyarch, personally I'm wondering if the cliffhanger ending of MW2 is going to be resolved at any point, or more specifically, if it'll be done so with any proficiency considering the recent firings at CoD HQ.

They obviously have something in mind, or at least a plan otherwise they wouldn't leave such a cliffhanger. Now it's execution, and the gameplay is a completely different story, but I'll buy the game just to find out the ending, if they do indeed give one.
TheSkeptic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2010 9:53:29 PM
At 5/6/2010 3:28:13 PM, DontBeRacist wrote:
Marathon Pro, Stopping Power, Ninja Pro. Semtex. Stun grenades (the animation is quicker.) Ump45 with a silencer.

Many have said this before, but SP is largely useless for the UMP. Giving you an extra bullet in close range will help only in a rare amount of situations, and the rate that will happen can be overturned by the benefits of Lightweight or Cold-Blooded.
TheSkeptic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2010 9:53:35 PM

No. We consciously label grenade launchers as noobtubes due to the imbalance of a powerful explosion coupled with relative ease to use. MW2's biggest problem is being too noob friendly, and having grenade launchers (along with One Man Army and Danger Close) is just asking to be abused. One of the biggest appeals of a FPS game is the challenge of competitive game play, and in turn one of the biggest factors for a competitive environment is balanced weapons. Relate to me your experience of joining a game of Domination in the map Terminal and having you and your team being noobtube-raped at your A flag. Explain to me how that's fun or competitive :)
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2010 11:34:13 AM
At 5/30/2010 9:53:35 PM, TheSkeptic wrote:

No. We consciously label grenade launchers as noobtubes due to the imbalance of a powerful explosion coupled with relative ease to use. MW2's biggest problem is being too noob friendly, and having grenade launchers (along with One Man Army and Danger Close) is just asking to be abused. One of the biggest appeals of a FPS game is the challenge of competitive game play, and in turn one of the biggest factors for a competitive environment is balanced weapons. Relate to me your experience of joining a game of Domination in the map Terminal and having you and your team being noobtube-raped at your A flag. Explain to me how that's fun or competitive :)

Because:

- The grenade launcher has very poor aiming
- Is slow to reload
- Has 2 shots max. per life
DontBeRacist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2010 11:46:47 AM
At 5/30/2010 9:53:29 PM, TheSkeptic wrote:
At 5/6/2010 3:28:13 PM, DontBeRacist wrote:

Many have said this before, but SP is largely useless for the UMP. Giving you an extra bullet in close range will help only in a rare amount of situations, and the rate that will happen can be overturned by the benefits of Lightweight or Cold-Blooded.
1 bullet can make all the difference when you only play SnD. I don't play with lightweight because it tempts me to constantly run around and you never know when someones camping and you run right by them. As for cold blooded, that's being used on my tar class. Which is now my main.
xxdarkxx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2010 5:36:31 PM
At 5/31/2010 11:34:13 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 5/30/2010 9:53:35 PM, TheSkeptic wrote:

Because:

- Is slow to reload

However I have been hit by a n00b tube all the way across the map at the begining of the game on Invasion, during a domination map.

Not slow to reload if you use Sleight of Hand

Also can have as many shots as you want if you use scavenger.
TheSkeptic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2010 10:07:33 PM

Lobbing grenades into a room or a general area over and over becomes very easy - especially since the blast radius and infinite ammo (OMA) allows you to correct any mistakes.

- Is slow to reload

Having a fast reload only matters if you're rushing or in a middle of a firefight - sitting in the black shooting noobtubes doesn't involve any of that.

Seriously? Have you seriously not met the standard OMA and Danger Close setup?