Total Posts:10|Showing Posts:1-10
Jump to topic:

Most Overrated Bands

Subutai
Posts: 3,241
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2014 8:50:14 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Just curious what you all think. I'd prefer if you didn't mention modern pop singers, because I think we can be in unanimous consensus that they are all overrated. Also, please provide explanations for everyone on your list.
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.
SeventhProfessor
Posts: 5,090
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2014 7:07:12 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I just don't really get why the Beatles are so popular. They're not bad or anything, they just aren't as exceptional as a lot of people say.
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
Subutai
Posts: 3,241
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2014 1:49:09 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/16/2014 7:07:12 PM, SeventhProfessor wrote:
I just don't really get why the Beatles are so popular. They're not bad or anything, they just aren't as exceptional as a lot of people say.

I agree with this. I like many Beatles songs, but I would put them below bands like The Velvet Underground and Yes, yet the Beatles get much more recognition.
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2014 8:08:07 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/16/2014 7:07:12 PM, SeventhProfessor wrote:
I just don't really get why the Beatles are so popular. They're not bad or anything, they just aren't as exceptional as a lot of people say.

I'm not a huge Beatles fan, but they revolutionized music by borrowing from other concepts, and figuring out how to make them popular with the mainstream. Their sound was innovative and progressed over time. Their songs aren't the hardest to play, but they are interesting and were very unique at the time. They also connected with the fans and evolved as a group in every way at a time when music and pop culture/spirituality were explicitly linked and changing the world, and vice versa. Here's a pretty good article talking about why the Beatles are pretty awesome: http://rycehat.wordpress.com...
President of DDO
fazz
Posts: 1,617
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2014 9:14:45 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/17/2014 8:14:47 PM, Danielle wrote:
Nirvana and Pearl Jam. Or maybe I just hate grunge lol. No for real Nirvana though...

It reflected the growing pains of a nation of angsty political youth. Makes me 'cringe' but so does most of the stuff I did as a kid. I was a stupid kid.
TN05
Posts: 4,492
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2014 9:28:28 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/14/2014 8:50:14 PM, Subutai wrote:
Just curious what you all think. I'd prefer if you didn't mention modern pop singers, because I think we can be in unanimous consensus that they are all overrated. Also, please provide explanations for everyone on your list.

Nirvana. They're not the best grunge band but they are treated like they are.
fazz
Posts: 1,617
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2014 9:33:21 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/17/2014 9:28:28 PM, TN05 wrote:
At 12/14/2014 8:50:14 PM, Subutai wrote:
Just curious what you all think. I'd prefer if you didn't mention modern pop singers, because I think we can be in unanimous consensus that they are all overrated. Also, please provide explanations for everyone on your list.

Nirvana. They're not the best grunge band but they are treated like they are.

I thought that they did something really different with their unplugged sessions: https://www.youtube.com...
Cryo
Posts: 202
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2014 7:26:19 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/16/2014 7:07:12 PM, SeventhProfessor wrote:
I just don't really get why the Beatles are so popular. They're not bad or anything, they just aren't as exceptional as a lot of people say.

Came here to say this. I understand the cultural impact they had with all their celebrity and popularity, but as a band, they weren't that amazing.

Like you said, they weren't bad, but I once decided to find out once and for all what the Beatles were all about.

I listened to every single one of their songs from first to last, and when it was over, I wasn't that impressed.
tabularasa
Posts: 200
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2014 10:31:40 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Fall-Out Boy.

Need I say more?
1. I already googled it.

2. Give me an argument. Spell it out. "You're wrong," is not an argument.