Total Posts:18|Showing Posts:1-18
Jump to topic:

LOST finale

xxdarkxx
Posts: 3,090
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2010 8:43:58 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
ummmm lol i am not sure. you might have to wait until it comes out on blu ray. or just use the internets to watch it right now.
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2010 10:46:11 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
I never cared about watching until every other person's Facebook status was about it... apparently it's a good show lol maybe I'll start watching it sometime.
President of DDO
xxdarkxx
Posts: 3,090
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2010 5:04:50 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 5/23/2010 11:57:19 PM, wonderwoman wrote:
so, the island is like purgatory?

Why does hurley have to protect the Island?

screw the finale.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>SPOILER<<<<<<<<<<<<<
What I gathered was that the island was only like purgatory for the people like michael who killed somebody, hence why he was stuck on the island. Where as for everybody else, the world they created was their purgatory.

Hurley has to protect the island because somebody always has to protect the island, so i'm just waiting for somebody to make a spin off series for when hurley is the protector and Linus is the advisor.
Marauder
Posts: 3,271
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2010 11:21:14 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 5/23/2010 11:57:19 PM, wonderwoman wrote:
so, the island is like purgatory?

The Island was not purgatory, the flash-sideways universe was their future purgatory all along. But the island has been real all along.
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
Reasoning
Posts: 4,456
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2010 11:41:24 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 5/24/2010 11:21:14 AM, Marauder wrote:
At 5/23/2010 11:57:19 PM, wonderwoman wrote:
so, the island is like purgatory?

The Island was not purgatory, the flash-sideways universe was their future purgatory all along. But the island has been real all along.

What the hell are you guys talking about? o.0
"What we really ought to ask the liberal, before we even begin addressing his agenda, is this: In what kind of society would he be a conservative?" - Joseph Sobran
comoncents
Posts: 5,647
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2010 7:28:07 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 5/23/2010 11:57:19 PM, wonderwoman wrote:
so, the island is like purgatory?

Why does hurley have to protect the Island?

screw the finale.

It sucked!!!!!
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2010 8:04:07 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
I saw it on hulu. I must say it was a bit of a let down. Besides the fact that I couldn't get my head around a single thing that was happening.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2010 6:08:15 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 5/25/2010 8:04:07 PM, FREEDO wrote:
I saw it on hulu. I must say it was a bit of a let down. Besides the fact that I couldn't get my head around a single thing that was happening.

why'd you think they called it "lost"?
signature
wonderwoman
Posts: 744
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2010 6:31:19 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
I just rewatched it on my dvr.

I'm so angry! They copped out on EVERYTHING! First of all, what's the monster's name? The writers said it was extremely important to the storyline of the show, then they never revealed it. Second of all, what's with the mysterious sickness that messed up Clair and Sayid? And Danielle's people? Wtf? They never explained that. Next, how about the island's fertility problems? That was never covered. How about Jacob's abilities? Like his ability to cure cancer? How can he do that? How did he make Richard immortal? What gave him these powers? Can Jack do that too, now? On top of that, how about the abduction of Walt and all the other children? That was never explained. What about Ben's childhood friend Annie, who we saw in one of his flashbacks? That wasn't explained. The volcano on the island wasn't explained. The fail safe in the hatch wasn't explained. WTF HAPPENED with the Hydrogen bomb wasn't explained. They never explained how old the island is. What the heart of the island is. The hieroglyphs that showed the monster fighting the Egyptian god Anubis. That was never explained. Why the people of the island used to view the monster as a security system. That was never explained. Jacob's cabin. That wasn't explained. When Hurley looked inside it in the first episode of season four, he saw Christian Shephard sitting in it, and somebody else looked at him. Who were those two people? One of the biggest mysteries was the ASH. It protected people from the monster, so why was there a ring of it around Jacob's cabin? The monster couldn't hurt him. What was the entity inside Jacob's cabin when Ben first took Locke there? It obviously wasn't the real Jacob. So what was it?
xxdarkxx
Posts: 3,090
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2010 8:20:13 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
@ wonderwoman ... some of those actually have been answered and i shall share l8r as i am on my ps3 now and it is hard to type.
Koopin
Posts: 12,090
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2010 8:23:11 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 5/26/2010 8:20:13 PM, xxdarkxx wrote:
@ wonderwoman ... some of those actually have been answered and i shall share l8r as i am on my ps3 now and it is hard to type.

Kill your PS3
kfc
xxdarkxx
Posts: 3,090
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2010 5:41:29 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 5/26/2010 6:31:19 PM, wonderwoman wrote:
I just rewatched it on my dvr.

I'm so angry! They copped out on EVERYTHING! First of all, what's the monster's name? The writers said it was extremely important to the storyline of the show, then they never revealed it. Second of all, what's with the mysterious sickness that messed up Clair and Sayid? And Danielle's people? Wtf? They never explained that. Next, how about the island's fertility problems? That was never covered. How about Jacob's abilities? Like his ability to cure cancer? How can he do that? How did he make Richard immortal? What gave him these powers? Can Jack do that too, now? On top of that, how about the abduction of Walt and all the other children? That was never explained. What about Ben's childhood friend Annie, who we saw in one of his flashbacks? That wasn't explained. The volcano on the island wasn't explained. The fail safe in the hatch wasn't explained. WTF HAPPENED with the Hydrogen bomb wasn't explained. They never explained how old the island is. What the heart of the island is. The hieroglyphs that showed the monster fighting the Egyptian god Anubis. That was never explained. Why the people of the island used to view the monster as a security system. That was never explained. Jacob's cabin. That wasn't explained. When Hurley looked inside it in the first episode of season four, he saw Christian Shephard sitting in it, and somebody else looked at him. Who were those two people? One of the biggest mysteries was the ASH. It protected people from the monster, so why was there a ring of it around Jacob's cabin? The monster couldn't hurt him. What was the entity inside Jacob's cabin when Ben first took Locke there? It obviously wasn't the real Jacob. So what was it?

MONSTER NAME although yes the producers said that the monsters name was important it is very likely that he in fact did not have a name, or his name was simply "brother", in the flashback episode of Jacob and MIB childhood the MIB is always called brother.
JACK AND JACOB no Jack can not use the powers that Jacob had as Jack is dead, however Hurley i would assume can use the powers.
FAIL SAFE The fail safe was most likely the a-bomb, hence why it would be able to stop the large pocket of energy if they set it off.
A-BOMB In one timeline it was detonated in the whole at the swan station, in another time line it was simply buried. (in the swan station i believe)
ISLAND AGE I would say that it is ageless
JACOBS CABIN when hurley looked in it, he saw that MIB and Jacob, (the MIB was then in the body of Christian)
JACOBS CABIN TWO When Ben and Locke went to the cabin there was nobody there, they were talking to an empty chair, however it is quite easy to believe that either the MIB or Jacob disturbed their presence because Ben did not actually have the right to search them out.

EVERYTHING ELSE most of these will probably be answered when season 6 comes out on blu-ray (or dvd for those of you living in the stone age) they are supposed has special features regarding it.