Jump to topic:

Interstellar (movie)

tabularasa
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2014 6:22:01 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I really liked it. The science was a bit out there, but the story was incredible! The dialogue was inaudible at times. The music, or more correctly, the sonorous backdrop of the movie, was incredible and contributed to the gravity of emotion in each scene. If the movie lasted 3 more hours, I could have watched and not grown weary.
1. I already googled it.

2. Give me an argument. Spell it out. "You're wrong," is not an argument.
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2014 1:37:21 AM
At 12/23/2014 6:22:01 PM, tabularasa wrote:
I really liked it.

I enjoyed it. I saw it in Imax. It was definitely an incredible cinematic experience. Space is awesome but fvcking scary. I'd rate it 8/10.

The science was a bit out there,

Agreed, though a lot of it still had a basis in modern physics.

but the story was incredible!

This I disagree with. I thought the visuals were amazing, but I was not struck the story. Nolan aimed for an emotional story, which for me did not exactly work and detracted from the other great elements. I was not really into the sentimental family relationship. I don't think I felt for the characters in the way Nolan wanted me to.

The dialogue was inaudible at times.

I had this problem too.

The music, or more correctly, the sonorous backdrop of the movie, was incredible and contributed to the gravity of emotion in each scene.

The music was good, definitely, but I would rate it as quite quite average in regards to my favorite Hans Zimmer tracks.

If the movie lasted 3 more hours, I could have watched and not grown weary.

Where would you place this in comparison to Nolan's other movies?

My list of Nolan's movies:

1. Inception
2. Memento
3. Dark Knight
4. Interstellar
5. Batman Begins
6. The Prestige
7. Dark Knight Rises
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
tabularasa
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2014 9:52:53 AM
At 12/24/2014 1:37:21 AM, phantom wrote:
At 12/23/2014 6:22:01 PM, tabularasa wrote:
I really liked it.

I enjoyed it. I saw it in Imax. It was definitely an incredible cinematic experience. Space is awesome but fvcking scary. I'd rate it 8/10.

The science was a bit out there,

Agreed, though a lot of it still had a basis in modern physics.

but the story was incredible!

This I disagree with. I thought the visuals were amazing, but I was not struck the story. Nolan aimed for an emotional story, which for me did not exactly work and detracted from the other great elements. I was not really into the sentimental family relationship. I don't think I felt for the characters in the way Nolan wanted me to.

The dialogue was inaudible at times.

I had this problem too.

The music, or more correctly, the sonorous backdrop of the movie, was incredible and contributed to the gravity of emotion in each scene.

The music was good, definitely, but I would rate it as quite quite average in regards to my favorite Hans Zimmer tracks.

If the movie lasted 3 more hours, I could have watched and not grown weary.

Where would you place this in comparison to Nolan's other movies?

My list of Nolan's movies:

1. Inception
2. Memento
3. Dark Knight
4. Interstellar
5. Batman Begins
6. The Prestige
7. Dark Knight Rises

My personal opinion is that Interstellar would be ranked #1 on this list or tied with inception. I am a theoretical physics type of a guy
1. I already googled it.

2. Give me an argument. Spell it out. "You're wrong," is not an argument.