Jump to topic:

FlashForward

Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2010 9:30:37 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
I don't know, I wasn't really feeling it. It (along with V and Happy Town) was trying to ride the wake of Lost's departure, which already made me weary. Once it got started, it seemed extremely limited. Already knowing what's coming in the future (of the characters) made all their actions and all the drama kind of a moot point, as their futures were relatively fixed. There was little fear of death or other ground-breaking changes, as we know who makes it to the future date.

In addition, it made the mistake so many new dramatic series make: too much revelation too early! I can't believe they gave away so much about what/who caused the blackout so soon. That information was the major draw of the entire series! To spoil it within the first season seems utterly flawed and completely drained my appeal.

In any case, I'm glad it's gone lol.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2010 10:13:20 AM
At 6/7/2010 9:30:37 AM, Maikuru wrote:
I don't know, I wasn't really feeling it. It (along with V and Happy Town) was trying to ride the wake of Lost's departure, which already made me weary. Once it got started, it seemed extremely limited. Already knowing what's coming in the future (of the characters) made all their actions and all the drama kind of a moot point, as their futures were relatively fixed. There was little fear of death or other ground-breaking changes, as we know who makes it to the future date.

In addition, it made the mistake so many new dramatic series make: too much revelation too early! I can't believe they gave away so much about what/who caused the blackout so soon. That information was the major draw of the entire series! To spoil it within the first season seems utterly flawed and completely drained my appeal.

Lynch Maikuru

Flashforward rocked. Why keep V when there was Flashforward?
kfc
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2010 9:26:17 AM
At 6/7/2010 10:13:20 AM, Koopin wrote:

Lynch Maikuru

Flashforward rocked. Why keep V when there was Flashforward?

They shouldn't keep V either lol.
- lamerde

nickthengineer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2010 1:40:00 PM
Already knowing what's coming in the future (of the characters) made all their actions and all the drama kind of a moot point, as their futures were relatively fixed. There was little fear of death or other ground-breaking changes, as we know who makes it to the future date.

Are you sure you actually watched it????? Just a few episodes in an FBI officer who had a flashforward committed suicide, and Demetri ended up not dying on the day he was supposed to (he didn't die at all).
I evolved from stupid. (http://www.debate.org...)
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2010 9:34:50 AM
At 6/8/2010 1:40:00 PM, nickthengineer wrote:
Already knowing what's coming in the future (of the characters) made all their actions and all the drama kind of a moot point, as their futures were relatively fixed. There was little fear of death or other ground-breaking changes, as we know who makes it to the future date.

Are you sure you actually watched it????? Just a few episodes in an FBI officer who had a flashforward committed suicide, and Demetri ended up not dying on the day he was supposed to (he didn't die at all).

I recall both incidents, but the premise remains that we essentially already know what's going to happen to the vast majority of characters. This is especially true considering many are not actively trying to change their futures (as the FBI agent was), but rather to simply reach it. It frustrates me when characters could simply sit still in a chair for the next 6 months and their problems would be solved haha.
- lamerde